+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 "The Oceans Surprise".

I agree, they'd have to have a campsite done, with a basic shelter.

All I can say is, if I were in Chuay Gahn and was offered a chance to jump into a new camp with the possibility of a closer water source, I'd say Hell Yeah.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I need to pay more attention. When I first saw the containers I thought "What's with the giant chess pieces?" Brilliant deduction on my part!

As for the idea of a third tribe, I think it's an interesting enough idea that you might be onto something. Who would be in it? I can see Helen and Jan for sure, as they're likely to get picked off by the guys. I can see Stephanie wanting to join a new tribe because it would be a chance for her to try out fun ways to alienate herself from a new set of tribe-mates. That's one weak tribe, but it offers the three of them a better chance of making the merge than staying in their existing tribes.

Those urns could well be chess pieces Wayner, I don't think that possibility can be wriiten off completely.

I think a few people might take the three tribe option if they could pick who the other three tribemates would be, I don't think this will be an part of the deal though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

No, I imagine it would be kind of an, "Everybody show your hands at the same time" type deal. That's why it's an individual decision. You don't know how your decision is going to be affected by everyone else's. Wonder how they'd manage the three tribe situation. Send two tribes to Tribal Council simultaneously? That'd be weird and prone to simple mathematical elimination. Hmm...
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I'm off to verify this for myself, but I read somewhere that in the video preview on the CBS website, you can hear/see Brian saying "the boat's gone"...Also, another popular idea that I've seen/read regarding the whole "individual decision" thing is that Jeff is asking the individuals players if any of them would like to switch tribes (still only having 2 tribes). He gives them only 60 seconds to think about it, and then that's it.

I'll go see what (if any) of this I can verify...

OK, I just went to the CBS website, and it's true...you can clearly hear (my video didn't play for some reason) Brian say "Boat's gone", and Jeff says "Does anybody here want to switch tribes?"

Originally posted by Wayner
    I need to pay more attention. When I first saw the containers I thought "What's with the giant chess pieces?" Brilliant deduction on my part!
    i thought they were chess pieces, too!

Yes, you're right Lobeck.

Here's a transcript:

VoiceOver:
    When you live on an island, there is one thing you should never lose.

Brian: Our boat is gone.

VO: And... A sea creature takes a bite out of a castaway.
    Then, a stunning proposal could change everything.

JP: Does anybody here want to switch tribes?

I think the boat loss was fairly obvious, but I did think they would find a more ingenious way of performing a switch this time.

Ok, what if Jiff asks them if they'd like to swap, then doesn't let them?
    That would cause some bad feeling in the tribes I imagine.
    If the switch offer comes after the Chuay's realise their boat has gone, I imagine some of them would definately consider it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

How many people do you think will be allowed to swap?
    I'm thinking Helen and Stephanie will go for the swap. Maybe Jan, too.

Jake, Ken, Penny, and Erin will stick together, imo.

you can bet that robb isn't going anywhere near jan. i feel he's frightened of her constant sagging.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast