+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: 3/14 One World Show Discusssion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/14 One World Show Discusssion **West Coast Spoilers**

I
    know what you mean about the changes in all the reality shows. Or is it the viewers
    Good question. The show has changed* imho) , I think there are characters we love to hate ( I liked Hatch) best player yet. I dont love to hate Colton.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My question for each person leaving will be....why are you all so afraid of the HII, it can only be used once,why not get rid of it?
    Uncle David likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yeah, not sure why Colton needed Alicia, why not jus vote out Monica?
    Because while everyone else was setting up the new camp it was an excuse to not do anything more physical than a little macrame.
    Uncle David likes this.

I was really surprised how the switched teams turned out- could they BE any more lopsided? It seems like the girl alliance managed to stay together and get rid of Alicia all in one fell swoop. Since they were planning on voting her out last week it couldn't have gone much better for them. Colton, Leif, Jonas, and Tarzan managed to stay together too. Odd how that turned out. I don't like the fact that it is
    4-3 (women/men) on one team and 3/4 (women/men) on the other side- it's almost impossible to overcome those odds if you happen to be one of the unlucky '3' on your tribe.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Why is it that none of the contestants have suggested voting for Colton at tribal council? He can only use the immunity idol once so, best case scenario, they successfully blindside him and he and his idol are out, or, worst case scenario, he plays the idol and it's out of play.

One of the guys questioned how Colton was able to get away with doing nothing around camp. It's because you idiots are letting him get away with it by not getting rid of him!

I don't understand why the women are letting the men take back the upperhand. They should have held firm and said if Monica goes this week then a man has to be voted out next but instead they agreed to let a girl go next time, too.

Where did they find these people???? They seem to be conserving energy by turning off their brains.

BTW, I get really tired of the same old expressions on reality tv--calling someone the head of the snake or a cancer, throwing under the bus, etc. I want to punch someone when they use those cliches.
    Last edited by pikachu; 03-15-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

I don't understand why the women are letting the men take back the upperhand. They should have held firm and said if Monica goes this week then a man has to be voted out next but instead they agreed to let a girl go next time, too.
    That was all Alecia. She started out the negotiations seemingly tough, but her apparent dislike for both Monica (jealousy, imo) and Sabrina (their initial spat) led her to give in quickly to Colton's demands. She's ridiculous. How she will spin this to her former alliance if she lasts to the merge, I don't know. At this point she and Colton are perfect end partners, as they will both be hated. If that happens, I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    That was all Alecia. She started out the negotiations seemingly tough, but her apparent dislike for both Monica (jealousy, imo) and Sabrina (their initial spat) led her to give in quickly to Colton's demands. She's ridiculous. How she will spin this to her former alliance if she lasts to the merge, I don't know. At this point she and Colton are perfect end partners, as they will both be hated. If that happens, I give up.
    She needs Colton( I cannot believe I just typed that) she is a lousy lousy player
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hope Colton doesn't come back in a future season of Survivor. They only way I would watch it is if Russell is on it, too, and teaches that little jerk a thing or two. Or maybe Yau-man can be brought back and ram Colton's head into a boat like he did to Johnny Fairplay! lol!

I hope you are right. At one time that was never in my mind, now we get three weeks into the show, and we are thinking of another show entirely
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I

Good question. The show has changed* imho) , I think there are characters we love to hate ( I liked Hatch) best player yet. I dont love to hate Colton.
    I believe it's because many reality shows, but Survivor in particular, have become more about people wanting to be on to further their own personal agenda than people who want to compete, test their survival skills, and win the prize. It's why most of them still don't bother to research fire-making, how to build a shelter, fish, etc. Why should they when they are simply wanting to make a name for themselves? And look how well the standout contestants are rewarded - Hasselback, Boston Rob, Parvati...all have or have had other TV gigs. The producers are careful to choose a bunch of people with great physiques, and sprinkle in a couple of "characters" (to keep it real, right?). Colton is playing the part he was cast for. He's not a "real" villain, he's a cartoon villain. Russell was the last true villain, but that might be just me - there was a meanness and an anger I saw in Russell that made my antennae go up. With Colton, I just see someone playing up to the cameras & it's hard for me to summon any emotion towards him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread