+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Sorry for double post but I forgot this: Isn't this a "Spoiler" thread? It says so on the top.
    Only spoilers for the current episode for those who see the show after those in the Eastern and Central Time Zones. Spoilers for future episodes are not allowed.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    It was Big Brother I quit watching. It was the season I think the guy's name was Mike that won. It was the comments about the woman he manipulated.

We must remember, that just because the HII that was found, does not mean there is another one or if there is it would have to be used in the same way.
    That was the same season I quit watching BB. I never looked back.

When Sabrina found the idol, the caption read (loosely quoted) "this is the MEN'S idol, go give it to a man." It stands to reason there is a women's idol out there (the alternative would be unfair in this contest)
    I think there is possibly even a third idol anyone could use. In any case, I would be searching for it like crazy, the women's idol could benefit a guy for alliance reasons, and obviously, a women.
    Uncle David likes this.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Thanks, PWS!

I was trying to do something else while still watching this episode so it's apparent I missed some stuff. I'm also really lousy at scheming tactics and am left often dumbfounded by some of the things that transpire.

So probably because I was busy at the time, I'm still confused about another thing:
    I see a lot of posters here aghast at Colton's bigotry and I didn't see bigotry. I saw an idiot (Colton) spouting off cruel and vile viewpoints on another's (Bill) choice of career/work which was none of his business. He acted like some privileged entitled Prince, pronouncing judgement on others. But I did not hear him bring race into it. The first time I heard anything about race was at TC, when Bill spoke after Colton, defending himself, describing how Colton spoke to him and judged him....and he brought up the "black/white" issue...which at the time, I thought was wrong since I hadn't heard Colton say anything about Bill being black. I remember talking to the tv, saying "Bill, don't use the race card when it doesn't apply." Did I miss something Colton said about Bill being black???? That's entirely possible.
    I think it became apparant when Colton called Bill ghetto. There is not one chance in heck if Bill was white and he knew of his military service that Colton would have called Bill that.

And when Tarzan started his rant about racism in America, I didn't understand what you were saying about the sushi chef and his reaction to what Tarzan was saying. Was his reaction because Tarzan said "there is no racism in America" which we know is untrue?
    To clarify, Colton was showing how elitist he was at this point by mocking Bill's lifestyle, talking about his black housekeeper etc. Then Tarzan pipes up about how Jeff is 'painting' Colton as elitist. Even Jeff looked aghast. No one had to 'paint' Colton anything. It was really unbelievable. Also, the fact that Tarzan wanted to sweep everything racist or elitist about people under a carpet when it was right there in front of him was him just being in denial.

Regarding villians in reality shows.

Those kinds of people ARE out there. I would never campaign for them to removed from reality tv... but between the BL and Survivor, I have been left horrified by one thing this season. Everyone surrounding Conda and Colton are leaving their own scruples at the door and following and supporting these people. Is a reality tv game worth it? Is it worth compromising who you are and what you believe to let bigoted and elitist Colton have his way and boot Bill out of the game simply because "Colton doesn't like him"?
    This is what I'm finding incredibly difficult to watch. In a normal season of Survivor or the BL, the 'villians' are despised by their fellow tribemates, we know the villians will get their comeuppance eventually, and we even anticipate it. Our sense of what's right (and we all have a sense that bigotry, elitism, and bullying are inherently wrong) demands that justice prevail.
    So far, we see no evidence in either show that justice will prevail, and that is why it is so difficult to watch.

Sorry for double post but I forgot this: Isn't this a "Spoiler" thread? It says so on the top.
    That always confuses me, too, Dragonlady! They both have "spoilers" in the title with the "*****" I'm always having to triple check and make sure I'm getting the right one - I think there could be a better way to label them.
    Uncle David likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I've been lurking for several seasons. The colton tribal council made me join so I could post!! My wife and I were in disbelief. It was clear (afterwards) that it was agreeed (off Camera) that it would be Bill and just said Leif to get Bill to agree - the only intelligent move in a series of staggering dumb moves.

I really thought that the way Tarzan was grimmacing that he was embaressed and we were both hoping that all of them would come together and blindside him (tough to do at the last minute of tribal) but when Tarzan started defending him it was unbelievable. The trailer for next week at least gives me hope.
    sweetpea and Uncle David like this.

malthus

I agree with you. I was absolutely dumbfounded when Tarzan started defending Colton at that point. I went from liking Tarzan at the TC before, to not liking his "cheater!" screeching during the challenge this week, to really disliking him for his rant at TC and his defense of the crap Colton was saying and his blaming Bill for it. What a joke.

Spockwhat you bring up a really good point about the 'followers' of both Conda and Colton in their respective shows.
    mushybrain, Jaceegirl and malthus like this.

I was really surprised (again) that the women didn't take Jonas up on his offer to share 50% of their catch if they allowed the men to use their net. It sounds like he knew how to fish, and 50% for doing nothing is a pretty good deal. I understand the idea that you don't want your competitors to be well fed, but if he can catch enough that you are also well fed, isn't that better than everyone being hungry?

I wondered too what they were seasoning/cooking those snails in? Reducing some salty ocean water?

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I apologize if someone posted this already. In this interview with Gordon Holmes, Bill said he wanted to go to Tribal Council because he was campaigning hard to get the others to vote out Colton. It is a long interview. Here is a small part of it:

Holmes: I think what stuck with me the most was when Colton attacked your career choice. That was just oddly out-of-leftfield and personal. What was going through your mind when he decided to go there?
    Posley: I’m sitting there going, “This guy knows absolutely nothing about me and he’s making judgments.” One of the things I kept from the group was that I was in the Army, that I was a veteran. And he’s sitting there saying, “You’re just sleeping on people’s couches, you’re blah blah blah.” I wanted to explode and be like, “The truth of the matter is; all these freedoms that you get to enjoy, I fought for them. I risked my life for you. And for you to sit up here and tell me to get off of people’s couches? I fought for the right to do that.”
    Holmes: Dah…you should have said that.
    Posley: I didn’t end up saying that because I didn’t want to reveal that. But I was sitting there biting my tongue, thinking “For you to be in a country where you can be openly gay and you can go to school and say what you want? Freedom of speech? Freedom of religion? That’s why I defended this country. And for you to judge me for living it?” I couldn’t believe it.

‘Survivor: One World’ Castaway Interview – Bill Posley | XFINITY TV Blog by Comcast
    There needs to be a Oorah button for this, "Like" just isn't good enough.
    Longhornfan likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    Only spoilers for the current episode for those who see the show after those in the Eastern and Central Time Zones. Spoilers for future episodes are not allowed.
    It showed it on the preview of next week's episode, so it's not a spoiler, they showed it at the end of the episode what was coming up next week.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread