Like Tree526Likes

Thread: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/7 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Well said Lil Bit
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Finally watched my tape...wow, just wow. What a bunch of morons. A few additional thoughts (I'm already on board with those who call Colton a creep and are impressed with how Bill went out)...

Colton comes from a town of 3000 which is somehow big enough to have both a country club set and a trailer park set. A little hard to believe. For Colton to be accepted if he acts like this in real life his daddy must be the owner of the only industry in town.

PS Just went and looked over Colton's self description. That stuff about his hateful stepfather doesn't quite fit with what he's said about how well accepted he is at home.
    PPS And looked at Bill's description---first male in his family to go to college--so he did at least start it. And apparently some women, a mom? a sister? did.
    PPS And talk about irony...Colton ragging on Leif's size and demanding that he be fetched for an interview with Emperor Colton---who is lolling in the shelter, while Leif, when fetched is lugging what looks to be a huge heavy bucket of water and some other stuff.
    I decided to look up Monroeville, AL, Colton's listed hometown, and found this on Wikipedia. They said that in a 2000 census, the population was listed at 6,862. They show that 53.09% were white, 44.84% were black, with Native Americans, Asians, and others making up the rest. They said the median income was $28,229....that 23% of the population fell below the poverty line.

But here was the most interesting thing that I read about Monroeville. It is the hometown of writers Truman Capote and Harper Lee. And down under Notable Natives, they have now added Colton's name to the list. Maybe they are able to attract tourist who are interested in seeing the hometown of those two famous writers. Monroeville also looks like it is located pretty close to the gulf coast, fairly close to Mobile, AL. I am not sure what kind of industries or businesses that it has though.

However, I would love to know more about Colton's family and his upbringing because of his abrasive personality. It certainly doesn't sound like it was that idyllic.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 03-09-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Was it just me, or did anyone else notice what a nice-looking man Leif is? I've been dying to ask this question!! I'll have to take a closer look next time, but we just haven't seen much of him on the show.

And, about the men and the HII, what I've noticed is that when they talk about it, they seem to talking about needing to find an idol, but they seem to have forgotten that it's a real possibility that they might just have to give it up! How glorious will the looks on their faces be??? Oh well, I can dream.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Was it just me, or did anyone else notice what a nice-looking man Leif is? I've been dying to ask this question!! I'll have to take a closer look next time, but we just haven't seen much of him on the show.

And, about the men and the HII, what I've noticed is that when they talk about it, they seem to talking about needing to find an idol, but they seem to have forgotten that it's a real possibility that they might just have to give it up! How glorious will the looks on their faces be??? Oh well, I can dream.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It would be interesting if someone did find another HII. If one of the men did find it I would wonder at his reasons to which female to give it to?
    Midol likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post

He is nice looking.

The men made a mistake not hunting that idol down. It is perfect time to give an idol to the woman you want to be in an alliance with at the merge. I dont think they anticiapte and team mix up. Ohhhhhhhh, I bet they don't know they have to give a certain one up. Still, they should be looking.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    At first I was thinking- here is a progressive older guy (when he said he was tired of race being an issue)- I initially believed he was going to slam Colton- colour me stupid when the crap really began to spew.
    Ha,Ha so did I. He was rolling his eyes and looking so disgusted when Colton was going on and on about Bill that I thought when he started his rant he was going to rip into colton BUT no he basically defends him?????? WTH???
    sweetpea likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wonder exactly how many leopards we have that will acknowledge their spots on the mens' team?? That's 2, so far, but there may be others who are learning not to be stupid, by watching their teammates.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It would be interesting if someone did find another HII. If one of the men did find it I would wonder at his reasons to which female to give it to?
    IF the men find the HII, do they HAVE to give it to the women? I know there is no reason for them to keep it but what if they just hid it better.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

This show shouldn't have to rely on controversy and bigots to keep going. If it does then that's sad.
    sweetpea, spockwhat and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    IF the men find the HII, do they HAVE to give it to the women? I know there is no reason for them to keep it but what if they just hid it better.
    When Sabrina found the men's HII the instructions were very specific she had to give it to one of the men before TC.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread