+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    My point was, both actions were allowed by those who set the rules, therefore neither party was ethically in the wrong.
    I guess my point is I don't think the guys stealing the girls' stuff as they unloaded it from the truck was allowed by the rules, only by Jeff overlooking a rule he had just set. Clearly they were allowed to watch each other during the challenge, and the guys should have realized what was going on. In the frenzy of the 60 seconds the girls didn't really have a chance to notice that one of the guys had sticky fingers, and they weren't given any time to think out how they wanted to tackle the truck or their supplies.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Regular

"Jeff told them they had 60 (?) seconds to get whatever they could off the truck. He said nothing about the need to guard it. In other words, he strongly implied whatever they got off the truck was theirs. Fine for the men to try but I don't think it should have been allowed."

Oh, I totally disagree with this. I remember Jeff saying there were no rules about the truck thing...and my first thought was "they should take whatever hits the ground no matter who throws it off the truck"...this was even before the guys DID take stuff thrown down by the girls. I viewed that as the guys winning the first challenge.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I don't find the stealing to be such a huge issue. It's happened in the past, it was allowed, so the precedent was set.

Just for reference, on Survivor Cook Islands, they had to get items off of a boat and had two minutes. Yul had grabbed a chicken, but in the last seconds, Penner stole the chicken for his own tribe.

The most important thing for any Survivors is to prepare yourself mentally... be a student of the game. If the girls knew that could happen, they probably would have guarded against it.

I see both things under contention (stealing and cheating) as underhanded but not unexpected in this game. It's the Survivor's job to prevent it from happening. So really, too bad for them.
    Lil Bit and KatesMom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brycola View Post
    "Jeff told them they had 60 (?) seconds to get whatever they could off the truck. He said nothing about the need to guard it. In other words, he strongly implied whatever they got off the truck was theirs. Fine for the men to try but I don't think it should have been allowed."

Oh, I totally disagree with this. I remember Jeff saying there were no rules about the truck thing...and my first thought was "they should take whatever hits the ground no matter who throws it off the truck"...this was even before the guys DID take stuff thrown down by the girls. I viewed that as the guys winning the first challenge.
    Well, then, I guess the guys did good! LOL

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I should add a point regarding the stealing.
    It's been done before, so the girls should have been aware that it could happen. That's on them. That said, it was still a dumb move by the guys. It's a social game, and even if we don't see it as outside the rules, it IS sneaky, and the girls don't have to like the guys for it. Like I said, this is a social game. After all, did the guys really feel they needed the girls supplies in order to beat them in physical challenges? Playing smart socially outweighs weakening the girls physically.
    However, I think it could have been smart for the girls to steal from the guys. They needed to find everything they could for their camp to help them stay strong in the game. For them, one social faux pas may have been a wise decision.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 03-02-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Speaking of chickens...where are they? Did those fools eat them already?
    Uncle David and Fanny Mare like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Jeff told them they had 60 (?) seconds to get whatever they could off the truck. He said nothing about the need to guard it. In other words, he strongly implied whatever they got off the truck was theirs. Fine for the men to try but I don't think it should have been allowed.
    In fact, when Jeff saw the men taking items the women had thrown off the truck he specifically warned them... "You better watch your items!"

In total Jeff said...

"Before I send you on your adventure I'm going to give you 60 seconds to strip everything you can off this truck. Got it? Your time starts now!"

"Sixty seconds!"

"Drop your items right out here in front!"

"You better watch your items!"
    (referring to the men stealing the items the women had thrown from the truck)

"Fifteen seconds!"

"The game has definitely already begun!"
    (again referring to the men stealing the items the women had thrown from the truck)

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1, that's it! Off the truck!"

If the women had taken items from the men during the 'challenge' I believe many would have applauded them for using their wiles to even the playing field. Yet, the men are expected (based on many of the posts in this forum) to be chivalrous and offer to help the women out simply because they are women. That is the very definition of double standard, and I don't think it has any place in this game.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    However, I think it could have been smart for the girls to steal from the guys. They needed to find everything they could for their camp to help them stay strong in the game. For them, one social faux pas may have been a wise decision.
    Thank you spockwhat for proving my point.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 03-02-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    Lil Bit, Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Nik

"I'm a Republican. I don't believe in handouts."

Said the guy who was handed an idol by Sabrina.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    "I'm a Republican. I don't believe in handouts."

Said the guy who was handed an idol by Sabrina.
    Yes! and he also said, what did I get from them, something like that .I yelled at the TV the idol you twerp! only it wasn't twerp I used
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-04-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    In total Jeff said...

[I]"Before I send you on your adventure I'm going to give you 60 seconds to strip everything you can off this truck. Got it? Your time starts now!"

"Sixty seconds!"

"Drop your items right out here in front!"
    Well ok then, he did NOT say from the beginning there were no other rules. Didn't even bring it up until after the men started to steal stuff and it was really too late for the women to do anything about it. They put the stuff where he told them to. If it was fair game to steal then there should not have been that instruction.

+ Reply to Thread