+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Did anyone else think that Bill came across like a total nerd at tribal council, as if he had been spending way too much time in his parent's basement playing video games?
    lopevian and JavaJo like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Well, yeah! He was just way too happy to be there. Tribal council should not be even a tenth that much fun.

You're right. I don't think he gets out enough.
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Bill had been working on it for several minutes, and the girls came along and saw what he'd done, communicated it to Sabrina, and then as Bill was doing it telling her the same? If the teams had been screened - as in not been able to see what the other team was doing - the girls would have lost.

I still cry "foul" except that the producers allowed it - maybe even set up with that hope in mind.

Survivor is losing its "edge" - once upon a time the puzzle solver would have had to "solve the puzzle on his/her own!" "sigh"
    I read Probst's answere to that on the EW website and he said that they usually only screen things during individual challanges not the group ones. And if the men were smart they could have blocked the womens view of the puzzle. I remember a season when a team did that...of course I can't remember when...but I am surprised that more don't do that.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I thought they should block it too, but the puzzle area was roped off together, so there was no way the guys could have done it.
    Uncle David likes this.

Maybe Bill could have blocked the view. Were the guys even trying to help him?

I had to remind myself that Bill's occupation as listed is "stand-up comedian" I think he is playing a role on camera.
    As far as the challenge being produced for the girls to win, I think it was a challenge that gave them a good chance but I also felt that the size difference on the balance beam challenge should have given them a good chance, too.
    cablejockey likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

...Probst's answere to that on the EW website and he said that they usually only screen things during individual challanges not the group ones. And if the men were smart they could have blocked the womens view of the puzzle.
    So the producers don't block these challenges, the men weren't smart enough to hide their work, but the women were in the wrong for taking advantage of these...advantages? However, the men weren't in the wrong for taking advantage of the fact that the women weren't guarding their pile from the truck? Wow, double standards are awesome.
    Florimel, lopevian, Allie and 4 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    However, the men weren't in the wrong for taking advantage of the fact that the women weren't guarding their pile from the truck?
    Jeff told them they had 60 (?) seconds to get whatever they could off the truck. He said nothing about the need to guard it. In other words, he strongly implied whatever they got off the truck was theirs. Fine for the men to try but I don't think it should have been allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Jeff told them they had 60 (?) seconds to get whatever they could off the truck. He said nothing about the need to guard it. In other words, he strongly implied whatever they got off the truck was theirs. Fine for the men to try but I don't think it should have been allowed.
    My point was, both actions were allowed by those who set the rules, therefore neither party was ethically in the wrong. If you want to debate morals, then fine, both parties were morally in the wrong. To castigate one party for their sneakiness while admiring the other for their cleverness speaks volumes about a level of bias that is quite firmly a double standard.
    ButterflyFaery likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I kind of agree with both sides in the 'stealgate' situation. I think the women had every reason to think their stuff would be safe during that 60 seconds but yes, stealing it was not expressly forbidden so the guys really weren't breaking any rules doing so. Just like the girls having a chance to watch Bill work on the puzzle was within the rules and the guys should have all grouped together on that side to block their view, IMO. It's not like the women were walking over to the guy's side to get up close and watch.

I guess future contestants will now know that it's 'game on' from the get-go and unless they say don't steal stuff or peek, it's ok.

If ANY of them were smart, they would start sharing to cultivate relationships and make things easier for everyone.
    spockwhat likes this.

+ Reply to Thread