+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

When the girls were over in the guys' camp getting warm, and they wouldn't commit to letting the guys take the canoe out, I would have told them "Goodbye, then". Why should they let them use their shelter and fire for nothing?
    Yup thats how I felt. They go over there, and Alica acts like her sexuality should allow her all sorts of things, but nothing in return. I would have punted her bubble butt out of my camp!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

I haven't read through all of the pages in this thread...so I apologize if this has already been discussed. But...did anyone else think the 2 challenges were fixed last night. I said before the show that there is no way that Survivor will let one team dominate the other the way the guys have the women. I predicted that the girls would get their first win...and look what happened. It even looked VERY obvious that the guys were throwing the memory challenge. Did CBS tell them to? It seemed like a few of them didn't even look at the order of the objects. I realize that shows have to keep things interesting, but I wish they would not make it so obvious when they're interfering...I thought last night was pretty obvious.

And as a gay guy...Colton embarrasses me. I realize he's just being himself. But he plays into every stereotype that people have about gay guys.
    Uncle David and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brycola View Post
    did anyone else think the 2 challenges were fixed last night. I said before the show that there is no way that Survivor will let one team dominate the other the way the guys have the women.
    Nope, not at all, because the producers would never survive the court challenge. It would be illegal.
    Photobabe and Midol like this.

I haven't read through all of the pages in this thread...so I apologize if this has already been discussed. But...did anyone else think the 2 challenges were fixed last night. I said before the show that there is no way that Survivor will let one team dominate the other the way the guys have the women. I predicted that the girls would get their first win...and look what happened. It even looked VERY obvious that the guys were throwing the memory challenge. Did CBS tell them to? It seemed like a few of them didn't even look at the order of the objects. I realize that shows have to keep things interesting, but I wish they would not make it so obvious when they're interfering...I thought last night was pretty obvious.

And as a gay guy...Colton embarrasses me. I realize he's just being himself. But he plays into every stereotype that people have about gay guys.
    There have been several seasons where they've let just that happen. Stephenie's entire tribe was wiped out....
    Midol likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I think it is not that they fixed the outcome, but more that the type of challenges were in favor with females winning over males. The producers chose these challenges, because, in general, females are more observant and are better with puzzles. Just my opinion, though.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

It seemed like a few of [the men] didn't even look at the order of the objects. I realize that shows have to keep things interesting, but I wish they would not make it so obvious when they're interfering...I thought last night was pretty obvious.

I also really didn't understand what the guys' "strategy" was in the memory challenge. It felt like they just treated it as a joke and tossed it for no reason (which is kind of "Survivor mistake #2: give up momentum because 'we can throw a challenge and it won't matter': what happens next? Total tribe decimation...). I'd have loved to hear some of the WHY behind that in confessionals.

As far as Colton: he's kind of getting on my nerves too, but over the years Survivor has been so extremely broad in its representation of the gay community that I'm not going to complain. He's just one more of the gamut of types out there.

Toe Tag hit the dirt. Yeah.
    Allie, KatesMom and Alexxxx like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree that the challenges will be tailored so they aren't completely physical, as there is no way the women would be able to have the same strength as the guys would. Although who was that woman who held all the weight on her shoulders for so long...was that last season? She could have kicked those pretty boys butts!

I didn't like the 'ghetto' comment about Bill (horrible thing to say and so judgemental) OR the "I hope he dies" comment (also about Bill I believe). Unnecessary, OTT hatred for someone you barely know. That's just mean and shows what kind of a person Colton is: either he means what he says and therefore he needs counselling, OR he doesn't mean it but is going for the witty sound byte, in which case: get the $&#)%*( off my show, jerk!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    It looked like everyone voted for Matt, except Matt voted for Colton, and then there was a vote for Bill. You couldn't see who Mike voted for, even during the replay at the end (I thought that was weird), but I think his has to be for Bill. Everyone else you could see a Matt vote.
    Thanks! I thought maybe Colton had caved into his Bill hatred. Good to know he's not that weakminded. Not that I like him---that whole ghetto speech really cost him points with me.

A thought on the girls never sharing with the guys.... The girls usually ask a large group of guys for fire, warmth, etc., who can reasonably speak for the group (although note that Matt was not thrilled that the "group" had allowed women to drip on his stuff when he was out hunting food or something), but the men are always asking one or two women to promise something that is a group commodity. Those one or two realize they can't speak for the whole. The sensible thing to do is have a rep from the men's group go over to the WHOLE women's group and say, we'll refresh your fire and now and then let you warm up under the tarp if you'll let us use the boat when you aren't (maybe in exchange for a share of the fish caught--good idea). Now of course the one or two women who've been cadging an ember or dry moment could also take that suggestion back to their tribe and they don't seem to really do that, or not in a way that is taken seriously (and if you were not one of the two women who had a dry moment why would you take it seriously, as an exchange for letting someone else get dry?), but still, if the men were serious about an exchange then they should get serious in proposing it.
    Now of course the weather seems to be momentarily improving. And do we see anyone working on making more mats etc. for the roof? Nope. Dingbats. At least they tried fishing. When I'm having trouble falling asleep at night I mull over all the things you could use a palm leaf mat for in Survivor...roof "tiles", "walls", mattress (tie two together and stuff it with more leaves), blanket, hat, rain cape, etc. And we saw them making mats early on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    I also really didn't understand what the guys' "strategy" was in the memory challenge. It felt like they just treated it as a joke and tossed it for no reason (which is kind of "Survivor mistake #2: give up momentum because 'we can throw a challenge and it won't matter': what happens next? Total tribe decimation...). I'd have loved to hear some of the WHY behind that in confessionals.

As far as Colton: he's kind of getting on my nerves too, but over the years Survivor has been so extremely broad in its representation of the gay community that I'm not going to complain. He's just one more of the gamut of types out there.
    I too thought perhaps the guys were throwing the challenge to the girls. If the men's tribe did decide that then it is on them not the producers. But really, when Troy and Kat went over 7 times on their segment of the challenge I felt there was this huge red flag waving in the air it was so obvious. Partly I think that is that the reward was fishing gear and a canoe and the guys already have fishing gear and fins, snorkel and mask. so it's not as if they were giving up that much.

Still I am glad that the men got rid of Matt instead of Bill. That was the smart move and sometimes you rarely see that in reality tv show when the one holding the power, Colton, wants a minor player gone, like Bill.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-01-2012 at 09:19 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread