+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Nik

Re: 2/29 Show Discussion One World **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I like what Jeff Probst said in a TV Guide interview, that Colton is a compelling character because he is a bigot. But Jeff also said that Colton may not realize that because that is how he grew up.
    Wow! Bearcata, can you link me to that interview where Probst calls Colton a bigot? I agree that he's a bigot of course, but I can't seem to find that interview and I'd love to read it. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Wow! Bearcata, can you link me to that interview where Probst calls Colton a bigot? I agree that he's a bigot of course, but I can't seem to find that interview and I'd love to read it. Thanks in advance!
    It was the actual paper TV Guide. I still get it. There was an article about Jeff's top picks of the game, I think it was out the 2nd week of this season. I don't know if they have posted it on there website or not.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

SugarMama I am another one who hopes you don't leave. I feel just as strongly as you do about Colton and have always agreed with your observations of the game. I need you on the boards here so we can both jump with joy when Colton is finally eliminated and the sooner the better. Please stay.

For those of us that can't stand Colton...I think we just need to hang in there...he just doesn't seem like the type that will last that long anyway
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    For those of us that can't stand Colton...I think we just need to hang in there...he just doesn't seem like the type that will last that long anyway
    One can only hope. My track record says he'll be around longer than most of my favourites.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    It was the Feb 20 - March 4, 2012 double issue of TV Guide Magazine, page 55. Jeff lists his 5 to watch starting with 1. Greg Tarzan Smith, 2. Kim Spradlin, 3. Colton Cumble, 4. Monica Culpepper, 5. Leif Manson.

Cumble classifies himself as a gay Republican. "Raised with money, he has no ideas that people are going to see him as a bigot," says Probst. "It's a real opportunity for him to learn how he's viewed by the world outside his town."
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

sorry, some people I can just barely tolerate but do. But between Colton and Alicia, I don't want to sit down to my beloved Survivor and have regrets. I'll let you all take one for the team and I'll watch when he's gone. Watching the Housewives is enough stress during the week, I need a break

Just realized what I really mean is: sometimes you love a Survivor, sometimes you hate one, sometimes you love-to-hate one, often you're just somewhere in between.

A lot of people loved Russell, for example. Many hated him. Most loved-to-hate him. I was in between with Russell and didn't get the level of hate I was seeing on boards.

Now, with Colton, I get it! I simply cannot bear to hear his voice or watch him. There's no "love-to-hate" going on. It's not even hate - I'd say for me is absolute disgust.

As I said before, I felt the same way with NaOnka, but I stuck it out because I knew she was going to quit - and (blessedly) I think she got less airtime than she would have otherwise because she DID quit (Survivor Producers don't like quitters, it seems). But I don't know how long Colton will hang around, so I'll catch up if/when needed. Have fun
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    A lot of people loved Russell, for example. Many hated him.
    I loved Ressell (I believe it was Ralph who misspelled his name, and I will forever spell it that way ) on Survivor: Redemption Island. Right up until the results show. That was when I realized he wasn't just playing an a$$ on tv.

In Colton's case, I don't think I'm in for any surprises. I'm pretty sure he's a complete a$$.
    SugarMama and Fanny Mare like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In Colton's case, I don't think I'm in for any surprises. I'm pretty sure he's a complete a$$.
    Yup! plus he loves himself, so he wont care if we dont
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I personally don't think Alicia is as bad as Colton or anywhere near. I think she was kinda quiet this past episode. But I might be remembering wrong.

+ Reply to Thread