Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 2/15 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/15 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    When was the last time a tribe received 'fire' for just showing up at Tribal Council? It seems to me that each tribe has had to earn fire for quite some time. But then my memory is terrible.
    This is my memory as well.

I enjoyed the first episode. I like Sabrina the school teacher. She seems feisty and fun to watch. I can't stand the lawyer and the banker. Way to fit stereotypes guys, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Hi there. I am still watching it right now but I am so disgusted by how the chickens were treated. I am sick of how animals are used for reality TV. I think of I am a Celebrity get me out of here. Yes it is survivor but come one. You can be humane.
    I am so sick of seeing these creatures on the show! There arent even any cages to keep them in and all I have seen is a woman holding it by the feet while the poor bird struggles every now and then. Somebody in production must think its funny to have them on, but its cruel and they dont even need them--looks like there is plenty to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I am so sick of seeing these creatures on the show! There arent even any cages to keep them in and all I have seen is a woman holding it by the feet while the poor bird struggles every now and then. Somebody in production must think its funny to have them on, but its cruel and they dont even need them--looks like there is plenty to eat.
    The chickens are wild. Also, having raised chickens, that is how one holds them.
    cablejockey and march like this.

Did they go out of their way to pick the most cantankarous females they could find for this show?(but also with big racks) It seemed they all got on each other's nerves the minute they met. And they are all stupid--who wouldnt take a survival course the second they heard they were chosen for this show? Yet they cant make fire but think they can slink over to the guy's camp to steal it! Or trade their bodies for it! It just left me sick that this is a representation of women today! It just fits into everyone's perception that women cant get along and are their own worst enemies--something I know is not generally true.

Was there any food on the truck (if so, any idea who ended up with what)?

How did they end up securing the chickens? I don't think I noticed them in any scenes where they weren't being held onto.

I *hated* the two women considering dancing around a pole for the amusement of the men and in exchange for fire, and perhaps naked? UGH. That was pathetic and it better be the last time I see or hear anything like that on this show. I said as much to my two daughters watching it with me. Not sure who I dislike more: the guy who suggested it or the two girls who laughed like they were considering it. Ridiculous. And wasn't one the shrieking harpy with the booty shorts? UGH.

I wondered if they ate the chickens, caged them somehow, or what. I never knew there were so many 'wild' chickens just running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    It was Chelsea who first suggested... "So, y'all get one, and we'll get one." She followed that declaration by telling the group they should strategize, while looking directly at Matt. It was then that Matt said... "Alright! Let's all work together, and we'll split the chickens." ...
    I have to wonder - if the guys had caught both of the chickens, how would the gals have reacted? My guess is they'd also be demanding their share. But we'll never know, of course.
    Uncle David and jucamer like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I was pleasantly surprised by Sabrina and Christina. I think they may be the only two who are actually thinking more than 5 minutes out in this game. Chelsea and Kim also have potential. Alicia - yep, I disliked her as much as I thought I would. But she brings good drama and has made the 5 person alliance, so my guess is she will be around for a while. I felt really bad for Kourtney - I really liked her and I hope her wrist heals with no complications.

Now on to the guys - ugh is really all I can say. I think Leif and Bill have potential, but man we really didn't see much of them. The lawyer - what an arrogant a**. Even if he is nice to look at, I was not impressed. Oh, and Jay the Model - he is cute to look at but not much else. And did anyone else think he sounded like Brandon Hantz last night (as far as his accent)? I was dozing and watching with my eyes closed and at one point I thought BH had re-joined the show!! I had to sit up and look - and it was Jay talking.

Colton - he will probably be around for drama. But I am not impressed. Trying to get the women to find the immunity idol for him? And as far as I saw, not even trying to make nice with his tribe. He has quite an ego complex - he gives good soundbytes, but I am not a fan. I go back to his pre-show interview where he basically talked about bullying people like it was a badge of honor. We saw a bit of that attitude last night - and it is really ugly.
    Uncle David likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

What a disappointing premiere! It seems each season they're digging deeper in the barrel to find the stupidest, least-qualified contestants.

I'm almost ashamed to be a woman after seeing the behavior of the women's team. First, they lose some supplies from the truck because they're not having one person stand by to watch their supplies. I thought they were actually pretty smart holding back the chicken from the guys until they got back something that was stolen from them but they didn't stick to their guns and started bargaining for ridiculous things. They didn't need to bargain for fire! Seriously, could not any one of the women start a fire on their own??? Even more embarrassing, after they stole fire from the guys, they managed to let it go out. Or maybe one of the guys woke up, saw the women had taken the fire, and went over and peed on it to put it out. The scene didn't it make it to our tv screen.

How many times did Jeff yell at the contestants to keep their arms in during the jump? How many people before Kourtney jumped had moderate mishaps that Jeff pointed out along with another reminder to jump safe? I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for Kourtney for being taken out of the game. I can only hope this will serve as a wake-up call to the other contestants to wake up and listen to Jeff during the challenges.

The women were upset that the men didn't give them a chance to continue the challenge and let them win. Why should they?? As contestants seem to easily forget, Survivor is a game of survival. Why would the men take the chance that they could lose and have to send one of their own home when they have the option to declare a win? They knew that more than likely Kourtney's injury was going to put her out of the game. Even if she was well enough to come back, her injury would have hurt her in future challenges so she probably would have been voted out anyway. I think if the guys had seen the challenge through to the end, everyone would be saying today it was a stupid move on their part so I think they did the right thing.

I didn't like that the have the hidden immunity idols designated for certain tribes. It's called Survivor One World so immunity should be for whoever finds it, regardless of their tribe. I only hope that the girl who found the one for the men's tribe last night also finds the one for her tribe.

Closed Thread