Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 2/15 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/15 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

40 minutes west coast time!!!
    KAREN

The four/five guys that have bonded and formed an alliance based on physical strength have been called arrogant, and that may be justified - that's kinda how guys like that roll. But what about the five girls who formed an alliance, also based on physical strength (as they were marching to their beach)...they did the very same thing. Their attitudes are arrogant, too, in my opinion - not even bothering to take into account the others who might have different talents. Both are jumping to conclusions, not accounting for those who can stratagize, manipulate, or solve puzzles, they've not even gotten to know the others yet. But the men seem to get criticized for doing that when the women don't. How are the men who walk around with their shirts off and their muscles gloriously prominent (wait, did I say that ) different from the women who walk around in bikini's or at least with their boobs and butt cheeks hanging out? Alpha Males vs. Alpha Females

I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Sometimes I think men who exercise their strength and act on it are given an unfair judgment versus women who do the same thing (not necessarily meaning statements made here, but also on the show and at other discussion sites).
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I have never figured out why people have to jump into alliances within the first 5 minutes of the game. What do you know about these people other than first impressions? Sometimes the quiet crafty ones can be the best alliance members (I'm thinking Cirie here) and the big strong ones can be dumb as rocks.

I agree, both groups were arrogant in their assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    The four/five guys that have bonded and formed an alliance based on physical strength have been called arrogant, and that may be justified - that's kinda how guys like that roll. But what about the five girls who formed an alliance, also based on physical strength (as they were marching to their beach)...they did the very same thing. Their attitudes are arrogant, too, in my opinion - not even bothering to take into account the others who might have different talents. Both are jumping to conclusions, not accounting for those who can stratagize, manipulate, or solve puzzles, they've not even gotten to know the others yet. But the men seem to get criticized for doing that when the women don't. How are the men who walk around with their shirts off and their muscles gloriously prominent (wait, did I say that ) different from the women who walk around in bikini's or at least with their boobs and butt cheeks hanging out? Alpha Males vs. Alpha Females

I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Sometimes I think men who exercise their strength and act on it are given an unfair judgment versus women who do the same thing (not necessarily meaning statements made here, but also on the show and at other discussion sites).
    I completely agree but on the other hand when you have a woman who stands up for herself, she gets called a bitch, but if it's a man, he is gets called strong. Different things are called out for each of the sexes, but either way, jumping into an alliance with people you don't know can mess up your game big time. On the other hand, I understand why people do it. If you don't have an alliance quickly, you may end up with no protection, even if your alliance is not very good. I think it is a little easier to manouver in the game if you have some back up vs. going it alone or trying to form an alliance later on in the game when the pecking order is already firmed up somewhat. Personally, I like the multiple alliance strategy...Not too many mind you, because that becomes difficult to juggle and keep hidden. The main, obvious one, and then one or two smaller back up plans that you form once you've got a better grasp on the personalities.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I completely agree but on the other hand when you have a woman who stands up for herself, she gets called a bitch, but if it's a man, he is gets called strong. Different things are called out for each of the sexes, but either way, jumping into an alliance with people you don't know can mess up your game big time. On the other hand, I understand why people do it. If you don't have an alliance quickly, you may end up with no protection, even if your alliance is not very good. I think it is a little easier to manouver in the game if you have some back up vs. going it alone or trying to form an alliance later on in the game when the pecking order is already firmed up somewhat. Personally, I like the multiple alliance strategy...Not too many mind you, because that becomes difficult to juggle and keep hidden. The main, obvious one, and then one or two smaller back up plans that you form once you've got a better grasp on the personalities.
    I agree. One has to align with the strong ones at first, but need to have other relationships/alliance with the brains. It's a delicate tight-rope walk.....if you make it to end, you have to have achieved the goal with having pissed off the least amount of people. Finesse with a capital "F"
    ButterflyFaery and Midol like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

What I don't get about the Alpha Male alliance is -- there are only four of them, right? In what math equation does a 4 person alliance control a 9 person tribe? It looks like maybe the men have two 4-person alliances, and Colton as the swing vote. Seems like Colton is controlling the men's tribe right now. And Colton is getting in with the women also. The men had better sit up and take notice. But the big dumb apes can't get over themselves long enough to realize that.

Chelsea looks like she's going to kick some ass this season. She gave me my favorite quote of the night in the first few minutes, but I didn't record it so I don't have the words right. Something about bringing on all the badassedness. Maybe somebody on the west coast can get the exact words. It was awesome.

Looks like a really good season ahead of us. I'm excited.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I'm actually shocked there are so many players this time around who seem willing to burn every bridge in sight regardless of the fact you might need that bridge later in the game. The attorney and the other two brainless brawny guys saying they hope the girls get decimated, refusing to help them build a fire, stealing their stuff...a little more finesse with a capital "F" would go a long way to getting you the votes you need at the end. Dumba$$es
    ButterflyFaery, JavaJo and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Stupid move number what? There have been so many this episode. All these guys are acting like Russell clones and look what happened to him. He didn't win, twice.
    Russell not only didn't win twice, he lost two two girls, one who had already won and - unlike him - was free to admit that she did what she had to in order to win. He also was voted out in Redemption Island by people and lost out in that smaller challenge. He couldn't even claim he'd dominate in that challenge.

That said, it's sad that Courtney is out due to injury in a challenge. It's one thing to be voted out due to strategy or being seen as a threat. It's another to be injured and have to be forced to leave due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    What I don't get about the Alpha Male alliance is -- there are only four of them, right? In what math equation does a 4 person alliance control a 9 person tribe? It looks like maybe the men have two 4-person alliances, and Colton as the swing vote. Seems like Colton is controlling the men's tribe right now. And Colton is getting in with the women also. The men had better sit up and take notice. But the big dumb apes can't get over themselves long enough to realize that...
    I'm not sure (yet) that I'd call them big dumb apes, but they do have a 5th, and they're thinking in terms of eliminating a group of 9 -- which they think gives them a majority. Colton is on the bottom of their list - him controlling the men's tribe? I've not seen that. They got him to announce to his lady friends that they were taking the win in the competition, but otherwise, I think they think he is a joke. Which he is. Except he was given an HII, so someone in their tribe will get blindsided at some point, probably. But Colton is a goner sooner rather than later, in my opinion. He's a bitter, lazy, pain in the ass....dead weight.
    Last edited by SugarMama; 02-16-2012 at 12:21 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I'm sure not sure (yet) that I'd call them big dumb apes, but they do have a 5th, and they're thinking in terms of eliminating a group of 9 -- which they think gives them a majority. Colton is on the bottom of their list - him controlling the men's tribe? I've not seen that. They got him to announce to his lady friends that they were taking the win in the competition, but otherwise, I think they think he is a joke. Which he is. Except he was given an HII, so someone in their tribe will get blindsided at some point, probably. But Colton is a goner sooner rather than later, in my opinion. He's a bitter, lazy, pain in the ass....dead weight.
    Oh. OK. I didn't get that they think they have Colton. I don't think they have Colton. I think Colton is more loyal to the women than to the men, but the men don't know it. The alpha males should have tried to get Leif as their fifth. He's already proven he's as strong as an ox and there may come a time when his size will prove to be really beneficial in a challenge.
    ButterflyFaery and Midol like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Closed Thread