+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Monica - One World

Re: Monica - One World

Her "meet Monica" video did seem to give some special significance to being the wife of a pro-football player and the mother of children at the same time. Perhaps because hubby is so often away she's more like a single parent for most of their married life, at least the part when the kids are little. And then, after he retires, you probably have to deal with a husband whose body (joints, etc.) has taken a lot of damage.

So far, I rather like her. That can always change of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Her "meet Monica" video did seem to give some special significance to being the wife of a pro-football player and the mother of children at the same time. Perhaps because hubby is so often away she's more like a single parent for most of their married life, at least the part when the kids are little. And then, after he retires, you probably have to deal with a husband whose body (joints, etc.) has taken a lot of damage.
    I'm married to a truck driver. Away a lot, body damage. I really don't see her position as being terribly special.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I just laugh because I never thought her hubby was anything over special in the game of Football.. but hey, whatever lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I just meant that perhaps she thinks this is short-hand or some sort of an explanation about her life. *shrug*

Also, do we even know that she's the one who chose that as her "profession"? Or is that on TPTB for the show?

I also like Monica although admittedly, I don't watch much of the show at all anymore == just bits and pieces.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I liked her last night. She definitely knew how to get things done in the challenge but Kat (who thinks she excels at everything apparently) wouldn't let her. It must be so frustrating to be an older woman who has some knowledge and experience, but you get immediately excluded from the power alliance because you're not in your early 20's and "hot"
    SugarMama likes this.

Monica's the only one who remained calm, cool and collected last night. The "younger" girls would bode well the listen to her. Hopefully they'll wise up.

Much to my surprise, I find her to be alright. So far. Things can change.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Monica is a smart, savvy woman. Too bad this tribe is being monopolized by the "dumb girls alliance".
    mom2 likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I like her personality. She looks good for her age, too--which is probably 51

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast