+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Kim - One World

Re: Kim - One World

The Talk Video - 'Survivor's' Kim Spradlin Gets $1M Check - CBS.com

She is as cool and gracious in the interview as she was on the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

On a personal level, she is one of my favorite Sole Survivors!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Sigh - I still don't like her, and I'm not sure why. I'm not saying I HATE Kim or anything, I'm just not a fan. I was rooting for Sabrina to win.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Sigh - I still don't like her, and I'm not sure why. I'm not saying I HATE Kim or anything, I'm just not a fan. I was rooting for Sabrina to win.
    I dont care for her, and I really dont know why.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm a fan. She kicked ass and took names but didn't piss people off to the point where they would vote for someone else out of spite. That's how you play the game and win it Russell Hantz.
    waywyrd and KatesMom like this.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    That's how you play the game and win it Russell Hantz.
    Amen to that.

One of the contestants made reference to the fact that when Kim spoke to them, they felt an immediate connection.

Similarly, one of the contestants of one of Russa's seasons mentioned that they could see nothng but contempt in his eyes.

People like to feel good about themselves. It's human nature. You don't win a million bucks by making your fellow contestants feel like turds no matter how well you play the game.
    Longhornfan likes this.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    She hasn't received a lot of air time, which makes me think she'll go far. She gets my vote for most likely to be an Olympic athlete.
    She definitely was the most worthy of the $1,000,000 prize. Maybe the only worthy Survivor this season, she dominated quietly.

FORT Newbie

Kim will go down as one of greats.

She perfected the art of making multiple deals without looking shifty. She perfectly executed each and every "hit"-- with little or no blowback on her own reputation. (Remember "Sash" from Season 21/Nicaragua, how he got tremendously attacked for his blindsides?) I think it has to do with her having a sincere, personal relationship with each of the players (as she mentioned in the Reunion). Sash was a manipulator and people saw through him. As was Brenda (since I brought up Nicaragua.) Kim was the consummate diplomat.

And the real beauty of her approach was: even though she made multiple, conflicting deals, they were all valid. That is, if one of her alliances went south, she was free to take the other route. (She wasn't creating false and deceptive deals she had no intention of following through on, like Russell did constantly.) If something weird had flared up among the "women alliance," she could've taken the Soloni route. She kept her options open (without appearing to the others that she was keeping her options open).

The way she got Alicia is still perplexing (or maybe it's that Alicia's capability for self-delusion is boundless): Kim personally axed the (second) most vindictive and petty person in the game, and still got her vote. Of all people, you'd think Alicia could easily gone the "spite" route and voted for Anybody But Kim. I think this is testament to how damned likeable Kim is: Alicia took the cognitive dissonance of Kim voting her off and her not wanting to displease Kim and she turned it into a compliment on her own Survivor prowess.

In terms of the composition of the contestants, I think this season will go down as one of the stupidest, so she didn't even have that many threats to contend with. (How many smart people were there? Troy, except that she pulled that huge Mike-trick on her, neutering his chances. Jonas, except he layed so low, making no moves, he was ineffectual. Chelsea was her pawn. Sabrina had game, but couldn't make the Parvati-style Big Move to take out Kim.) Easy to say in hindsight, but Kim really had no competition.

Love to see how she fares when she inevitably returns to a Fans & Favorites season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345