+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Kat - One World

FORT Fogey

Re: Kat - One World

She is safe for a few weeks anyway because her alliance is remaining loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    I think you mean Nina is 10 times the man that Kat is.
    I'm not sure I am understanding this reference...is there some questioning of Nina's gender? ??

As far as life experience and the smarts that can come along with her profession, I definitely think Nina would be a valuable member of the woman's tribe. Her only issue is she's not young and "hot" and therefore wasn't a part of the initial alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm not sure I am understanding this reference...is there some questioning of Nina's gender? ??

As far as life experience and the smarts that can come along with her profession, I definitely think Nina would be a valuable member of the woman's tribe. Her only issue is she's not young and "hot" and therefore wasn't a part of the initial alliance.
    She is not feminine in any way and looks quite manly.

Oh. Ok.

I don't really think good looks are a pre-requisite for being a strong player in Survivor, so I don't think that would have held her back. But I guess it was a barrier to her being accepted into the "hot girls" club. Pity, as I think they could use her brain cells. Oh well.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I don't really think good looks are a pre-requisite for being a strong player in Survivor, so I don't think that would have held her back. But I guess it was a barrier to her being accepted into the "hot girls" club. Pity, as I think they could use her brain cells. Oh well.
    I've taken to referring to them as the "dumb girls" club.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She is not feminine in any way and looks quite manly.
    Well, her husband and kids seem satisfied with her "womanliness", and they are the ones that matter. She looks pretty good/athletic for someone in their 50's to me, or she did before she got banged up.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I've taken to referring to them as the "dumb girls" club.
    Even Sab calls them airheads.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, her husband and kids seem satisfied with her "womanliness", and they are the ones that matter. She looks pretty good/athletic for someone in their 50's to me, or she did before she got banged up.
    No, they are not the one's that matter in the context of the game. Also, saying that her kids are satisfied with her "womanliness"...that just makes my skin crawl.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

No, they are not the one's that matter in the context of the game. Also, saying that her kids are satisfied with her "womanliness"...that just makes my skin crawl.
    ??? There is more to being a woman than sex, which I guess is what you are implying I was saying? Just like breasts have a function for babies that doesn't relate to attracting a mate. To me being a woman means being (or having the potential to be) a mother/parent in all senses, not just being a sex object.

I like seeing women use their intelligence in the game. Men, too, for that matter. Or if you are a woman dealing with a moronic MCP like Russell, use your looks and your intelligence to take him down. But to me the more interesting seasons are the ones that don't devolve into some kind of mating game. There are other reality shows for that.
    But I know people have a variety of reasons for enjoying Survivor... to each their own.

How does her looks matter in the context of the game? If you're referring to the boneheaded young women (and men) forming an instant alliance based on nothing more than "gee, you're young and pretty and so am I!! We're going to RULE this game!! Hahahahah!!" then yes, you have a point. If not, I'm not sure what he looks have to do with the game itself.
    JavaJo and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread