+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: Colton - One World

Re: Colton - One World

He was the first photo I saw...scrolled down to the shirt, then the shorts, and I said, "He's gay." Sure 'nuff.

I've not gotten around to watching any video interviews yet, just going on what's been given in writing. But if he's got a burr in his saddle, he won't last.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    It was a brave thing to come out in 6th grade.
    He SAYS he came out at the age of 12. From what I've seen and read I think this young gentleman may have a penchant for tall tales.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    He SAYS he came out at the age of 12. From what I've seen and read I think this young gentleman may have a penchant for tall tales.
    I hope he isn't lying. I know a kid that really did come out in Jr High and went through hell because of it. It makes light of experiences like that of my friend's son.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

It was a brave thing to come out in 6th grade. Jr high/middle school is hard enough without that on top.

Witholding judgement on him.
    I can appreciate anyone who has had to deal with adversity, and has had to struggle because of who they are. It doesn't give anyone the license to be a jerk, though. Colton acted like a complete jerk in his interview.

That said, I always approach Survivor with a grain of salt, because people are often quite different than how the present themselves in the interviews. My gut is telling me this kid is going to be tough to like though.

ETA: Already Colton has by far the most posts... will this trend continue? Stay tuned...
    Uncle David likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I can appreciate anyone who has had to deal with adversity, and has had to struggle because of who they are. It doesn't give anyone the license to be a jerk, though. Colton acted like a complete jerk in his interview.

That said, I always approach Survivor with a grain of salt, because people are often quite different than how the present themselves in the interviews. My gut is telling me this kid is going to be tough to like though.

ETA: Already Colton has by far the most posts... will this trend continue? Stay tuned...
    I haven't watched the video so I don't know about the jerkiness, I was just commenting on the one thing. I never watch the videos, I just check out the profiles.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post

Yes. As mentioned above the part about it all that really bothers me is that he is PROUD of it in his interview. He admits to bullying people like it is some badge of honor.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

It was a brave thing to come out in 6th grade. Jr high/middle school is hard enough without that on top.

Witholding judgement on him.
    Ditto.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

This part cracks me up:

Hobbies: Socializing, watching reality TV and writing.

Pet Peeves: Ugly people who think they’re hot.

I wonder what reality TV he watches, and which people he has in mind in his 2nd statement. I can think of quite a few.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Colton doesn't have chip on his shoulder...it's more like a boulder. He's throwing his effeminate side around like confetti, setting himself up against his own team of "guys" - and gushing with the gals. I personally think he might not be so much here to win the game but to make some sort of personal statement.

Others have referenced his confrontational behavior in school regarding his sexuality and his being proud of it. I have to wonder if he's not considering this his moment in the sun, as opposed to trying to be the ultimate Survivor in its true form. If that is the case, I have zero respect for him. This is a game for people working their butts off and playing their hearts out (usually, not NaOnka ) to WIN this game for the achievement alone, not make a personal and/or political statement.

Since he has the HII, he'll survive one round at Tribal. I doubt he'll survive a second. Unless he gets very, very lucky. We'll see. I could be wrong.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Colton will last as long as one alliance or other needs his vote for a majority. Just like Cochran, Edna, Shambo, and many others before him.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast