+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Alicia - One World

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Re: Alicia - One World

How is this woman still here?? I think that if I have to watch her much longer, I'll or her out! This needs to oust her!
    She could drive someone to
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

she's worse then Colton, can't stand her!
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantine View Post
    she's worse then Colton, can't stand her!
    I would 'Like' this, but no one is worse than Colton.
    Longhornfan likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I would 'Like' this, but no one is worse than Colton.
    I agree with your statement Uncle David, but at least Colton doesn't have body parts that I have no desire to see hanging out all over the place.

(that's about the only good thing I can think of to say about him)
    Uncle David likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Great. Not only is she annoying, but she's an idiot, too!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Grrrrr...this woman is so totally awful! Selfish, self-absorbed, arrogant, pigheaded and delusional. May the same karma that struck down Colton, strike down you, Alicia!

I wish I knew what school she taught at. I hope they fire her disgusting ass. I would not want her anywhere near my son as a teacher.
    Lil Bit and AZChristian like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Local Teacher Takes on New Challenges as a CBS ?Survivor? Contestant

Feb 2012 | By Kim Treger | Comments (0)
    Local Teacher Takes on New Challenges as a CBS “Survivor” Contestant

TAGS: Survivor, CBS, reality TV, TV, Chicago Public Schools, Alicia Rosa

Imagine competing on CBS’s “Survivor”—leaving behind friends, family, central air-conditioning and even your hairdryer.

You’re dropped at a remote location with more than a dozen strangers, all rooting for your demise. Conditions like that make most people declare, “not if you paid me a million dollars.” But for Chicago Public Schools Special Education teacher Alicia Rosa, it was a lot more than prize money that drew her to the contest: It was the chance to serve as an inspiration and share a message about empowerment.

Teaching in a New Classroom

Alicia, who has seen many of her special education students defeated by their perceived limitations, wanted to show them what can happen when you focus on your goals. She knew that at first glance she may not appear to be a contender, but that her confidence and hard work have packed a lot of punch into her 5-foot-2 frame.

“It was a chance to practice what I preach,” she says. “I always tell my students to get out there and do the things you’re told you can’t, and show people that you know who you are, no matter what you’re told.”

A Lesson for the Ladies

Hard work is nothing new to the 25-year-old, who maintained two full-time jobs while earning her master’s in education. Her second career as a makeup artist has given Alicia plenty of insight into women’s self-image issues.

“I’m confident in my own skin and when I do make up for young girls, I tell them they are the same beautiful person with or without the makeup, so being stripped of all my beauty products on national TV was a chance to prove I mean it,” she says.

Alicia says showing off her body on TV was another opportunity to convey a positive message: “I’m this little curvy Puerto Rican girl surrounded by all these tall, skinny women and I was proud to show female viewers that I wasn’t intimidated.”

The Teacher Gets Schooled

Life on the island offered Alicia a few lessons of her own. The self-proclaimed “Diva,” who also enjoys success as a singer, had never even been camping before and knew it would be difficult to leave behind all the comforts of home, but she learned it was her loved ones that she missed the most.

“When you are all alone with nobody cheering for you, no family on the sidelines, you really see how much you take that for granted,” she says.

Join Alicia’s friends and family to cheer her on as “Survivor: One World” premieres this Wednesday, February 15, at 7 p.m. on CBS.
    Delusion much?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I wish I knew what school she taught at. I hope they fire her disgusting ass. I would not want her anywhere near my son as a teacher.
    AND, she's a Special Education Teacher, Mesa. I cannot believe her school is keeping her on after this display. But, hey - the YMCA kept Na'Onka on as a teacher after her awful behaviour.
    Uncle David likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yes, deluded would be one word that I would use. So, what exactly are her students supposed to "learn" while watching how Alicia conducted herself on the show? Can she actually feel proud of the way she acted? She sounds like such a hypocite on all levels. At the very least she has provided a lesson for all of those special needs kids, and that is don't treat others the way she treated Christina. I hope that Alicia will not follow Colton's lead and try to explain away her actions. The best example that she can NOW set for her students would be to admit that her behavior was atrocious, and there are no excuses for the things that she said and did.

Right now there is so much in the news about bullying and the consequences that go along with it. Alicia and Colton are prime examples of bullying. I surely would not want her to teach ANY child of mine. It amazes me how people try to somehow justify their bad behavior on these reality shows by blaming it all on the editing. Colton has already said that the way you are on the show is not how you are in real life. Is Alicia also going to use that same excuse?
    Minney and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast