+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Survivor 23

Survivor 23

The cast & story of the next edition has been posted. Men vs. Women...everyone living together on the same Island, no returning cast, no redemption island.

Survivor: One World Cast Revealed: Battle of the Sexes, Beach Party Edition! - E! Online
    sweetpea and jucamer like this.

Re: Survivor 23

Sooo happy there are no retreads or Relatives of Russell.

I like the premise, hopefully it works well.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Redemption Island is gone? I'm glad to see new people, and love the concept of having everyone on one beach BUT I'm a little leery of the men vs. women thing. How will they make the challenges fair (upper body strength etc favour men, balance etc favours women) without making them boring?

Does anyone know if they will be able to swim this time around?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Living on one beach is a twist I've been wanting to see for a long time, and am surprised they haven't done yet. I figure it'll probably be a couple of episodes in and they'll do a tribe swap. I don't know if they'd have to scale back the challenges that much. In past seasons of the men vs women, it seemed like the challenges would have happened even if the tribes were mixed up.

I'll echo that I'm also glad there's no redemption island, no retreads, no relatives of anyone. Looks like an interesting mix, so hopefully there's a lot of good game play and interesting personalities (rather than focusing on the same group of people all season).

So excited for this season! I love the no retreads or RI!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I hated Redemption Island

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Redemption Island would be cool on a season with no returning players, for once.
    Photobabe likes this.

Looks like Mrs. Daunte Culpepper will be one of them. I really liked Taj George when she was on, but I get the feeling that this NFL wife won't be nearly as entertaining. I'll probably look at the first few episodes, then once again become disgusted by the showing rewarding the worst traits of human behavior and stop watching.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Looks like Mrs. Daunte Culpepper will be one of them. I really liked Taj George when she was on, but I get the feeling that this NFL wife won't be nearly as entertaining. I'll probably look at the first few episodes, then once again become disgusted by the showing rewarding the worst traits of human behavior and stop watching.
    She's not Daunte's ex wife, but Brad I think....

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    So excited for this season! I love the no retreads or RI!
    I didn't mind the Rob vs Russel reatread season. I love Boston Rob & find his PI's to be hysterical. I also liked that he actually learned something & adapted his game.
    Russel was loads of fun to watch & get mad at during his 1st 2 seasons, when no one knew his game, but he wasn't any fun once he got team mates who were on to him & he still played the same.

But, the last retread season didn't do anything for me, except that I respect Coach a lot more now than I did before. He showed a better side of himself. Ozzy - same old same old, boring, except way more self centered & conceited.

I don't want them to keep throwing repeats at us. The difference in the 2 seasons showed that that idea will only keep going down hill as they pick people further down the ladder of audience caring.

I'm ready for new blood. I just hope they get back to more "real" people rather than hard body "eye candy" types. They are usually out of their element & resort to Hook-Up-Survivor to get ahead.
    I hate that!! I want brains, plotting, cleverness, backstabbing, differing personalities joining for alliances, as in Lex/Big Tom/Ethan, my favorite alliance.
    shyra likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast