+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    My very first thought was, "Well of course Whitney's friends with Sophie, Sophie just won a million dollars."
    O, my, gosh.

I read somewhere today that Whitney and Sophie are actually friends now, so must be water under the bridge.

I have to say, as well....while I do understand people's abhorrence to adultery, and I too think it is reprehensible, we really truly have heard only one side to the story. I'm really not trying to defend her, she's not the brightest girl in the world and some of the mannerisms she took on during the show were annoying and stupid, but I honestly believe everyone deserves a chance to move on from their mistakes. I'm hoping she will, and I wish her well as she (hopefully) grows and matures.

I understand, of course, if other people feel differently!
    Ah, man, you are just far too nice. And I guess I agree with you, but it is fun when a show can have it's people you like and don't like... Whitney came off as so shallow in those Ponderosa videos, she was so easy to dislike.
    The show now being over though, and how these players seem mostly to fade away from public consciousness, I won't wish anyone ill. Except Russell maybe. But he never disappears anyways.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I read somewhere today that Whitney and Sophie are actually friends now, so must be water under the bridge.

I have to say, as well....while I do understand people's abhorrence to adultery, and I too think it is reprehensible, we really truly have heard only one side to the story. I'm really not trying to defend her, she's not the brightest girl in the world and some of the mannerisms she took on during the show were annoying and stupid, but I honestly believe everyone deserves a chance to move on from their mistakes. I'm hoping she will, and I wish her well as she (hopefully) grows and matures.

It's the hypocrisy I can't stand and Whitney's bitterness at being on the jury and her holier then thou attitude to the final three. If Savaii had managed to come in to the merge with the numbers to dominate she would have been insufferable. Glass houses, girl, glass houses.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

During one of the Survivor clips of Dawn, she said certain couples were going into the jungle by themselves and the monkey noises they were making were quite loud and everyone knew what they were doing.

Speaking of Russell after seeing him on the Reunion Show I don't know if he was serious or just putting us on.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Since you're right here, Bearcata, I thought I'd mention that Sophie seemed as nervous as heck at that reunion, even her answers were pretty jumbled. She said it was excitement, but she was really nervous. I also get the sense she's kind of self-conscious. I expect she went into slouch mode because of all the attention focused on her in that moment with Jeff and the cheque. My daughter is like that... when she is with her friends or just hanging out, it's fine... but as soon as any attention is on her she curls up like an armadillo.
    SugarMama likes this.

Quotes are from the Interview by Albert who thinks Ozzy played the worst game ever, with my snarks:

Did you feel like you had a chance going into the final Tribal? Did it surprise you not to get any votes?

"I wasn't surprised I didn't get any votes given the way the final Tribal played out. Going into it, I could have had an opportunity. I really had a lot of reasons why I had a claim to the prize. But I didn't really have an opportunity to speak my case. There's not a day that goes by taht I don't think about literally the dozens of reasons I had why I should've won the game. I created this five-person alliance, I brought Coach in. I handled Brandon Hantz in a scenario when I had one foot out the door and was able to get him to give me his necklace. There were so many things I could've done and said if I had been given more than three questions, or given an opportunity to comment. It's cool, though, I'm resigned to my fate and I'm not embarrassed about my game."
    Brandon told you a yes or no answer, and said specifically that if you rambled or tried to grandiose you'd lose his vote. You did that IMMEDIATELY, and continued to refuse to just say a simple yes or no. Brandon may have had a rough past, but he's not stupid to not know what a non-yes/no answer is.

And you showed your colors to an already bitter jury when you chose to not give the II back to Brandon, saying you didn't need it. I think more people would've respected you, Sophie might've been ousted and you'd had a better chance to win.

You also had more than three - at least four.

Were you surprised Sophie won?

"Given the way the jury operated, I wasn't surprised that she won. I felt like they were looking for reasons not to give me the win, or not to give Coach the win. And Sophie was on the winning end of that. She played a pretty awful social game ... if you look at her body of work, it paled in comparison to mine and Coach's by a pretty large margin. But I'm not surprised she won. We have nine emotional human beings [on the jury] who are voting on their own criteria and how much their feelings were hurt. I could foresee it coming and I warned Coach."
    Um... last time I checked Albert - Coach had THREE votes for him to win even from Cochran, who was able to melt down the stuff about religion and the like to see that Coach did play a good game, and unfortunately I think it was the fact he wasn't proud of his true game play and wanted to do the platitudes like you that cost him the win (I think had he not done it it would've been 5-4-0)

You sir - had ZERO.

BTW - People complain about winners winning because of their social game only. Sophie did it the other way (only other more strength was Tom regardless of his social game - great BTW). And you're mad because of that? Sorry... Edna is right doesn't matter how, all three of you earned your spot.

From the looks of things, you'd won only if Russell Hantz was next to you, and honestly, I think even HE'D with his awful attitude would've won (that may explain why he was so bitter at the reunion though - I think he knew he'd won this season).

If you could do it over, would you do anything differently?

"I would definitely try to position myself with a couple different opponents in the end. I probably would've brought Mikayla in earlier on in our alliance. That would've been a big key. I unfortunately bought into the Brandon-Hantz-Mikayla-lies train early on. But yeah, there's so many scenarios that I could replay I would do a little differently. But I feel like overall I made the best play in each and every scenario that was available to me."
    Pretty much with how he played - There weren't many people he'd beaten. In fact, some if he kept he'd been ousted.

If you hadn't been in the final three, who would've gotten your vote out the last few players?

"I probably would've voted for Sophie, just because I thought she played a slightly better game than Coach. Coach made a couple more missteps than she did. Brandon Hantz would never in a million years have gotten my vote, he played an atrocious game."
    Don't you love the irony? - Hates that Sophie won because of a lack of social skills, but would've voted for her anyway? Way to contradict yourself.

And he seems to forget that the final six included Ozzy and Rick, never mind the only true atrocious move that Brandon did was give up his II to Albert. He's only there because of Brandon's misjudgment and should be thankful for that. (Yes I said Sophie might've been ousted, but it's still a possibility)

What about Ozzy?

"Ozzy played one of the worst games ever in the history of 'Survivor.' Not only did he get voted out three times in one season, which is hard to do, but he was berating members of his own tribe. He was kicking walls after challenges, he got one of his alliance members voted out. It's really disappointing as a fan of 'Survivor.' I thought he would've brought more to the table. I thought Ozzy played a really, really poor game. Clearly the Savaii members were supportive of him, but not all the people who were there were voting on the 'best' person there."
    Three ain't hard to do when it's a Redemption Island season.

Secondly, You're voted out if you're a threat, and one was essentially a voting himself out (a quit and redeem himself). He won by default more challenges than you by going there (1 for Albert to stay in the game and not go to RI, Ozzy many more to stay in the game period).

I don't condone his temper or berating members, but that's a show of emotion, not gameplay. In fact, his berating Sophie most likely is WHY you got to be in the final three, it backfired on him and he lost that final individual immunity. Even I'd kept someone with SOME game like Sophie over a lazy bum like you because I'd rather lose to someone who did SOMETHING to get there - even if brute force.

And note, Cochran - someone maligned by many people, was second behind Ozzy in fan favorite, not you.

Blind sides are part of the game, and even with an alliance member voted out he still finished fourth.

Ozzy finally realizes the difference between game and real life. He lost, he's moving on. I'm not sure you are.

In short - you were NOT liked by fans, YOU played a horrible game because you were lazy and it showed, YOU got lucky a couple of times to stay in this game, YOU were not able to answer simple yes/no questions that lost you a vote, YOU are a hypocrite by complaining about Sophie's win being undeserving yet would've handed her the $1 million had you been on the jury.

You sir, are just bitter and are trying to make up for your mistakes putting down others.

Ok, the 'jungle noises' ---- ewwwww!!

I think I'm done thinking about Whitney and Whats-his-name.

Albert definitely lost any jury votes he may have picked up with his 'used-car-salesman' insincere flattery right off the bat. Blech. They could see right through him the entire game and his performance at FTC just reinforced why they didn't want to give him even one vote. He's delusional if he thinks he could have won this thing. He and Coach just flat out refused to own up to their duplicity and admit to the moves that got them to the F3. They wanted the jury to admire them for being men of honour but really, it just made the jury see them as less honourable and more hypocritical.

Albert, I am going to bet you will never be asked back again, so hope you enjoyed your time ... now see ya!
    AZChristian and SugarMama like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Albert, I am going to bet you will never be asked back again, so hope you enjoyed your time ... now see ya!
    Oh, I don't know. It might be fun to do a season opposite of all-stars--
    Survivor Timbuktu: Losers vs. Nonentities.

Chosen contestants could be people who were the least effective on their season, most likely to be wished to Timbuktu by their fellow tribemates, never to be seen again, people voted out first, people who made it to the end but got no jury votes, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Oh, I don't know. It might be fun to do a season opposite of all-stars-- Survivor Timbuktu: Losers vs. Nonentities.

Chosen contestants could be people who were the least effective on their season, most likely to be wished to Timbuktu by their fellow tribemates, never to be seen again, people voted out first, people who made it to the end but got no jury votes, something like that.
    LOL! good one!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Oh, I don't know. It might be fun to do a season opposite of all-stars--
    Survivor Timbuktu: Losers vs. Nonentities.

Excellent idea! Excellent!

Remember singing Wanda, who made up the songs about Survivor...she sang them on the way in on the boat, didn't get picked, and she sang them on the way out on the boat Poor, Wanda!

And there was some other guy, don't remember his name...he also didn't get picked, and he had to just leave without ever having played. I felt so sorry for him!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread