+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

From what I understand, Brandon and his wife aren't exactly swimming in money, and she has two very small children to take care of. Finding someone to take care of them (might not be easy given that the Hantz family doesn't seem too pleased with him) combined with affording the airfare for her or her and the kids might be too much to expect.

I would think nobody receives any of their compensation from the show until after it airs??

Don't you think CBS would spring for air fare for a spouse and two kids? If not, shame on them.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    When you sign on for a game show to win a million, I don't see that as greed. I see it as a goal oriented endeavor. You play to win, that is why you are there.

I like what Sophie said in her interview. You cannot be loyal or avoid manipulation in this game.

Integrity can be defined in many ways depending on the situation. I think she is correct that Coach may have won had he admitted that his behavior was all about stratedgy. "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it".....Joeseph Goebbels. Admitting this would have made him go down in castaway history.

Did anyone say why Brandon's wife was not there?
    What I liked best about Ozzy's comment was that men are not God and that you can't play with them as if they are. That men are full of flaws and will lie and cheat and steal.
    NCLurker, rfromp and ilja like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Don't you think CBS would spring for air fare for a spouse and two kids? If not, shame on them.
    That's a good question. I don't know if they would for every player that season..or maybe just for the jury members?? Obviously those in the F3 have their families there in case they win the million, but I don't know about anyone else.

The network makes millions off of these people, so yeah, you'd think they could pony up the cash to bring the immediate family to the reunion.

Edited to add: I liked what Ozzy said too, as well as him saying his communing with nature helped him to truly have a spiritual experience and feel closer to God while on the island. This in direct contrast to the sleaziness of Coach's manipulation of religion in the pursuit of the almighty buck.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 12-20-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I've seen it asked/mentioned here a few times - about why they chose to vote Rick out. I remember Sophie and Coach talking last night and the jist of the point was that Rick was not going to win immunity - with the further point being that the whole point was that they needed someone who could realistically win immunity and take it away from Ozzy. Just going further to the point that they were still looking at things as a team - if I understand it right, I think that is why they voted Rick off - for no other reason than someone had to go and if it was a strength challenge, I think they thought maybe Albert had a slight edge. Either that or Albert really was the easy third person to take along, because no one was going to vote for him. I think that's why they didn't vote Sophie out - because I think at the end of the day Coach knew what we all know, which is that Sophie was the only one who was realistically going to beat Ozzy for immunity.
    I think I recall that in the conversation between Sophie and Coach, Sophie pointed out that everyone loved Rick. She said something about Rick entertaining all of them with stories. Of course, none of us saw that. Sophie and Coach seemed to think that if Rick was final 3 he would win because he was so likeable, and because he had made no enemies.

Given that a lot of the jury seemed to see Sophie as the lesser of three evils, there is probably a good case to be made that Rick could have won if he made it to the end. I don't blame her for wanting to get rid of him. I have to laugh at the idea of Coach and Albert being her 'goats' in the game. I would bet they never thought they would EVER be considered that!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Given that a lot of the jury seemed to see Sophie as the lesser of three evils, there is probably a good case to be made that Rick could have won if he made it to the end. I don't blame her for wanting to get rid of him. I have to laugh at the idea of Coach and Albert being her 'goats' in the game. I would bet they never thought they would EVER be considered that!!
    Remember when she made that reference to him being a hanger-on girl (meaning Coach) and he jumped like his seat has exploded That was truly hilarious! Now I like Coach, I don't get upset with his antics, but that was just too funny - made me like Sophie even more.

Poor Poor Rick! The contestant who wasn't. It makes me mad that he didn't get the airtime he deserved - did he piss off Jeff or something?
    Last edited by SugarMama; 12-20-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    ilja likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

EW Interview with Ozzy
    'Survivor: South Pacific': Is Ozzie arrogant? | Inside TV | EW.com

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Whatís up with the sprinting out of Tribal Council every time? I love that!

OZZY: I have no idea. Tribal Council is always taking too long in my opinion. So I kind of like to speed it up a little bit, like when you need to walk from your seat to go vote. Iím just trying to hurry things up a tiny little bit. I understand that thereís a solemness to the whole occasion, but I donít know, itís kind of my thing in a way.

We talked before the game about you going to Redemption Island on purpose, which you ended up doing, and we talked about you collecting all the jury votes there and then coming back to win, which you were so close to doing as well. Dude, our pregame strategy sessions rock!

Yeah, man. It was the one time my strategy really almost paid off. I tried to stick with that plan and was very, very close. But one thing I didnít count on was how incredibly weighty the pressure would be at the end. Itís one thing to be going to the duels, where of course if you lose youíre out. But to know youíre at the very end and this puzzle is a million dollar puzzle ó it was just so hard. My mind went blank, pretty much. It was really difficult.

Well, the mental exhaustion of having to perform in your eighth win-or-go-home contest must have been immense by that point.
    Coming so close and having it slip right through is tough. Compare this to the two other times you played. In general, you seemed to be having a ball this time out.

Oh, yeah. This time I wanted to really just enjoy the experience and embrace everything about the experience as it went on. And I think I did it. I wanted to play the game to show people that you donít need to play the game from a place of fear. I think fear really ruins Survivor a lot of times. The game could be so interesting if people would just embrace the fact that theyíre out the in the elements and donít need to be afraid of things. Yeah, you might go home, but at least you played a cool, really awesome game, and thatís something to be proud of. I just think itís so annoying when people go out there and play from a standpoint of fear. They make really weak moves because of it. So you might as well go out there and give it everything you got. And if you fail, you fail knowing that you played as hard as you possibly could, and thatís exactly the way that I wanted to do it.

In the so-close department, which one is more painful, this one where you knew youíd win if you took that last challenge, or Cook Islands where you lost by one measly vote?

Cook Islands, because this is all my own doing, if that makes any sense. It was all up to me and I just have to take some solace that there is some grand master plan that is bigger than myself that I canít quite perceive at this moment. Maybe I just donít need that million dollars. Iíll just have to make my million dollars the old fashioned way. Walking away with $100,000 plus is not too bad either. I didnít get first place but I basically got second if you look at it monetarily. And in my opinion I really did win the game in terms of how people saw it play out at home.

You called Sophie a spoiled brat and then wrote her name down for a million dollars. Why?

Because you got to respect. I thought she played like a spoiled brat with me, but at the same time we both have very strong personalities and we werenít able to jibe out there. All of a sudden when the cameras turn off and the game is over you find that the people that you despised end up being the people that you like the most. Eliza is a perfect example. I could not stand her in Fans vs. Favorites, and once the game was over and we were hanging out, I was like, ďDamn. This girl is really, really cool.Ē

You and Sophie have clearly kissed and made up. What about you and Coach?

I think Coach is going to take this hard for a while. At final Tribal, I gave him a chance to win my vote. I lobbed him a softball and I just wanted him to come out and say, ďLook, I know I didnít play honorably. I may have tried to but I didnít. And the fact is, I still played a damn good game.Ē I just wanted to hear some more honesty. I would have voted for him, but the fact is, he didnít do that for me and own up to the way he played.

Any regrets besides losing that last puzzle challenge?

One thing I wish is that I had told Coach ó it probably still wouldnít have changed anything ó is that I wish I would have said, ďHey, man. Do you want to lose to me or do you want to lose to Sophie? Because youíre not going to win this game. So who do you want to lose to?Ē

Sophie, Coach, and Albert all called you arrogant. Are you arrogant, Ozzy?

I donít think so, There might be a little bit of that. But when it comes to playing the game, and being out there and surviving ó yeah, I know what the hell Iím doing. I really do. And I love it and I have a lot of fun. Maybe a little bit of that arrogance is just confidence and comes across the wrong way.
    Great interview. Definitely sounds like Ozzy and Sophie have mended fences, at least in his eyes. I also agree with the idea that he gave Coach a softball question at FTC, merely wanting Coach to admit he played less than honourably. Coach just couldn't do it, so Ozzy voted for Sophie.

And yes, monetarily Ozzie got 2nd place, since he won $70,000 for his placement and the $100,000 fan fave, and had a blast doing it. Not bad, Ozzy!! He's not to everyone's taste but I still like him a lot. One of my favourite players.

Love Ozzy even more now!
    sweetpea likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I love Ozzy, too! I don't think he's any more arrogant than the other contestants this season and he has a right to take pride in his accomplishments. He said he would greet people at Redemption Island, fix them a fish dinner, then beat them at the challenge and send them on their way and, by gum, he did that! I think that's rather impressive. It would be different if he was bragging about how great he was and then not delivering on what he said he would bring.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread