+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm not a fan of Redemption Island. I think I like the concept and the footage is usually pretty beautiful, but it goes against how Survivor should be played. When one person can rest, take a break from the game, eat as much food as they can find and then go kick butt at a challenge it doesn't seem like it's a fair fight. When one can go and hide away from the social game for half the time and then come back in and be declared the winner just doesn't seem right (I know it hasn't happened yet). Nothing against Christine or Ozzie or the young kid from last season, but Survivor is Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast. You aren't outwitting anyone being on an island alone. You may be outplaying someone in the duel, but I don't think it is a fair fight to begin with, and just because you can survive alone on an island doesn't necessarily mean you outlasted the other people who are actually playing the game while you wait.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...I didn't see any indication in the previews for next season that there would be a RI, so maybe they've had enough of it too. Maybe they kept it for this season because they knew Ozzie, tall trees, and open water would make for some seriously good camera footage....
    SugarMama likes this.

I've watched every season of Survivor. Thought this one was fairly mediocre....as were a few others. LOVED Ozzy. Couldn't stomach Sophie!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

During the show, I thought Ozzy had made a great strategic move getting to Sophie and making her break down, exposing her weaknesses and possibly having her allies view her as unstable and the next to go, but after reading the comments here, I think it actually worked against Ozzy. It made him look like a bully and her look like a victim, earning Sophie sympathy from the other contestants. Plus, it made Sophie feel like she needed to redeem herself to prove that she was strong, which put fire in her belly and led her to win that last, all-important challenge. If Ozzy hadn't pushed Sophie to the breaking point, this season might have ended very differently.
    spockwhat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I've watched every season of Survivor. Thought this one was fairly mediocre....as were a few others. LOVED Ozzy. Couldn't stomach Sophie!
    Same here. After reading her interview, she sounds exactly like she came across on the show. It was an okay Survivor .I got very bored a few times. Loved Ozzy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    I think the only person who won without completely cheating, lying, etc. was Sondra the first itme she won. I can't remember how her second game was. She mostly had a big mouth and gave the alphas what they wanted from her, her vote.
    Tom Westman. I don't remember him ever lying, cheating or misleading anyone at all. He was even upfront with everyone about to be voted out.
    He was just the ultimate leader & great in challenges. He had everyone's respect in the end.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Tom Westman. I don't remember him ever lying, cheating or misleading anyone at all. He was even upfront with everyone about to be voted out.
    He was just the ultimate leader & great in challenges. He had everyone's respect in the end.
    LUV Tom Westman! I'll always think of him as the perfect Survivor!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    During the show, I thought Ozzy had made a great strategic move getting to Sophie and making her break down, exposing her weaknesses and possibly having her allies view her as unstable and the next to go, but after reading the comments here, I think it actually worked against Ozzy. It made him look like a bully and her look like a victim, earning Sophie sympathy from the other contestants. Plus, it made Sophie feel like she needed to redeem herself to prove that she was strong, which put fire in her belly and led her to win that last, all-important challenge. If Ozzy hadn't pushed Sophie to the breaking point, this season might have ended very differently.
    I kinda sorta agree - but I don't (and never did) see Sophie as weak and needing to be pushed by Ozzy for the win. She was focused, competitive, and stood firm when needed (remember her keeping Albert in line?). Agreed she was tired and hurt, and she did what most females do in that situation - get emotional and teary. But Ozzy didn't set her up to win in that scenario - I'm pretty sure Sophie would have won anyway given the F3. Probably her tears and Ozzy's sneers reinforced what was already there in the jury's minds.

Okay, he was smug, maybe he didn't sneer, but it rhymed. I need a vacation!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I've seen it asked/mentioned here a few times - about why they chose to vote Rick out. I remember Sophie and Coach talking last night and the jist of the point was that Rick was not going to win immunity - with the further point being that the whole point was that they needed someone who could realistically win immunity and take it away from Ozzy. Just going further to the point that they were still looking at things as a team - if I understand it right, I think that is why they voted Rick off - for no other reason than someone had to go and if it was a strength challenge, I think they thought maybe Albert had a slight edge. Either that or Albert really was the easy third person to take along, because no one was going to vote for him. I think that's why they didn't vote Sophie out - because I think at the end of the day Coach knew what we all know, which is that Sophie was the only one who was realistically going to beat Ozzy for immunity.
    SugarMama likes this.

Not rude at all. Jeff has done that a lot in past seasons... asked who would have voted for whom had the final three been a bit different. He's just pointing out how things would have been different had things played out differently is all.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I agree with you as I loved Ozzy and so wanted him to win. For me he was the only one who should have been in the final 3 and I had the feeling that everyone on both sides felt the same way. We only get to see an edited version of the show, but why would all the others raise their hands and say if Ozzy was in the final 3 he would have been the one that they voted for. For me that speaks volumes as they got to see him in action far more than we did on TV. He may have spent the last two weeks on Redemption Island, but just because Ozzy has the abilities he has that doesn't mean that it was easy. I remember other players in the past saying how horrible it was. Yes, Ozzy made it look easy because he is that great of a player. He is capable of taking care of himself, while the others back in the game had the help of each other. I actually look at it that they were the ones who had it easier. They all shared in the duties of what had to be done in order to survive. Apparently they were not as good at it as Ozzy was. As far as the social aspect of the game they were all from the same tribe, already all friends so that aspect would be easier as well. I could not picture anyone from the final 3 lasting on Redemption Island. I would go as far as saying that the only other player that may have done okay there would have been Brandon. I know there are some Sophie fans, but I don't think she was strong at all. When she started yelling at Albert to drop his stuff and come over and help her build the stack of cards I couldn't help, but laugh and was thinking I had never seen that done before in all the seasons of Survivor. I thought is that really possible until Jeff who seemed amused by it as well told her that it was against the rules.

Just my opinion, but I found this to be a horrible final 3 and I can't remember who said it, but one of the jury members said something to the effect that they found it hard to write anyone of the final 3's name down. I myself, was thinking that none of the above should have been a category. LOL My only redemption was the fact that Ozzy won the Sprint player. I felt better knowing other's felt he should have been the winner of it all.
    Moontat, ilja and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread