+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/18 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Yes she is pretty demanding and expects to be obeyed! Funny thing is that Albert didnt even find it insulting until Ozzie brought it to his attention later. She was a 'mean girl' and like most, got her own way.
    She may be demanding, but I took it a slightly different way (and Ozzy basically admitted it at the reunion show) - reality was that Sophie was the only one who was realistically going to beat Ozzy in the challenges. I think Sophie was more looking at it as it was the three of them again Ozzy and since she was the one most likely to beat Albert, he should be doing what he can to help her win. Based on what we had seen, I think she (and Ozzy) were right that she was his only competition at the challenges - at least given what the challenges were. So right or wrong, I really think that was her motivation and she wanted Albert to "take one for the team".

That's the way I saw it, too, KatesMom - I think it was Sophie being caught up in the competition and wanting to beat Ozzy so their alliance could make it to the end.
    Shoepie and sclilred1 like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    She may be demanding, but I took it a slightly different way (and Ozzy basically admitted it at the reunion show) - reality was that Sophie was the only one who was realistically going to beat Ozzy in the challenges. I think Sophie was more looking at it as it was the three of them again Ozzy and since she was the one most likely to beat Albert, he should be doing what he can to help her win. Based on what we had seen, I think she (and Ozzy) were right that she was his only competition at the challenges - at least given what the challenges were. So right or wrong, I really think that was her motivation and she wanted Albert to "take one for the team".

Take one for the team? Jeff pointed out, this was an individual challenge, what part of the teams million did Albert get.I think the princess is used to getting her way,. thats why I never cared for her I also believed her to be lazy. Blech!

I didnt see too many rush over to her, that was interesting. WTG Ozzy!!fan favorite all the way. I think Sophie was jealous that she never got to his pleasure dome *g*

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I don't think Coach would have won against Rick. Majority of the jury actually raised their hand that if Rick were in the final 3 instead of Sophie, they would vote for Rick. So Coach actually made it as far as he could whether you change the outcome of the F3 among the last 5 players.

So Cochran and Edna voted for Coach. Who is the third? At first I thought it's Brandon because he said that he forgave Coach. Then i'm thinking it could be Oz since Oz never really liked Albert or Sophie. But then someone said that it's Whitney because she also didn't like Albert and especially Sophie. Then again, it could be Jim because knowing him, he probably would vote for who actually was the perceived leader of the tribe. Maybe Edna voted against Coach?

Whatever happened to the Fallen Comrades walk?
    I don't remember this. I remember at the reunion show, Jeff asking the jury who would have voted for Coach if it was Albert and Rick sitting there next to him and the majority raised their hands, meaning Coach would have won if it was Rick instead of Sophie next to him.

Who did we actually see voting for Coach? I thought it was Cochran and Edna? My guess on the third vote for him is Ozzy, based on what he said at tribal last night. I actually think Whitney did vote for Sophie, based on what she said at tribal and Sophie's response. I don't think Brandon voted for Coach. I think he was intending too, but based on his face when the news came out about the trick with the HII, I don't think Brandon voted for him.

I was falling asleep on the end. Do we have any idea of who voted for whom? I know Cochran voted for Coach, and Dawn voted for Sophie. Do we know any of the others?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I read somewhere that Jim, Brandon, and Ozzy voted for Coach. Does anybody know where we can find out the final votes? I haven't been able to find a good source yet. Thanks
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    As I think of the Great and Powerful Oz going to the jury, I ask myself "what happened?" I immediately recalled Ozzy (while lounging with Elyse) asking Cochran how to spell his (Cochran's) name... was that a turning point? or just an example of Cochran's feeling alienated from his tribe? If only Cochran had felt closer to his tribe - would he have turned on them? Would it be Ozzy in the driver's seat instead of Coach all this time?
    No, it would have been JIM.

Quote Originally Posted by ginger2 View Post
    I recall Coach saying more than one time that when their alliance got to final five, it would have to be a different game plan, and everyone at that point, would have to decide what was best for their own individual game. He had to lie about taking everyone to the end with him, or he wouldn't have gotten there himself. I also believe that Coach got hemmed into taking more of a religious/integrity stance than perhaps he wanted to, by Brandons inflexibility. That being said, the honest/integrity theme has been a part of his persona throughout his times in Survivor. Within the game of Survivor, I believe that he did play with as much integrity as he could, and I do think he agonized at times over the decisions he made. He understood that Survivor is a game of deception and necessary to progress in the game. I confess I'm a fan, but I'm not unhappy that Sofie won. She did it fair and square, and did slay the dragon slayer. I was a little turned off by Sofie expecting Albert to give up his own chances to win immunity, even if his chances were slim. Coach is a character to be sure. One with a rather unique belief system which I can't really comprehend, but I have always found him interesting. I'm glad he will be taking home $100,000 too for second place. I heard he had lost his job prior to going on this years Survivor. So I'm sure he can use the money.

While Ozzy made some social blunders initially, after he got to Redemption Island, he played an awesome social game and was genuinely liked by everyone. I'm glad he got the $100,000. He deserved it.
    He did not play a great social game, he played a great physical game. And, no he was not liked by everyone, Dawn, Cochran, Jim and others were more than happy to get rid of Ozzy. The only reason Ozzy won fan favorite is because he has long flowing lock, can climb a palm tree and pose like Captain Morgan.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-19-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    captain and sclilred1 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I fell asleep during the Ozzy love fest, guess I lost interest...just wondering what I missed. Edna is preggers? Cool! Did they talk to Whitney/Keith at all? Did they talk to any of the pre jury boots? Also heard that Ozzy got the fan fave, which is ok I guess.
    Edna is definitely pregnant. She told Jeff that Survivor made her husband look at her so differently that now she was pregnant. I thought it was one of the best lines of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave View Post
    I was falling asleep on the end. Do we have any idea of who voted for whom? I know Cochran voted for Coach, and Dawn voted for Sophie. Do we know any of the others?
    Jim, Brandon and John Cochran voted for Coach everyone else voted for Sophie.

Check out the Survivor South Pacific wiki they have all the votes for everything there.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread