+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

They didn't seem like a matter of luck to me. True, they didn't require much in the way of brute strength, but they generally required good eye hand coordination, sometimes sppeed and balance, sometimes puzzle skills. Sorry for typos...traveling, bad computer.
    Photobabe likes this.

Yes, Ozzy lost. But so did Coach, Albert, Cowboy, Brandon, Cochran, etc, etc, etc. Ozzy outlasted most of them to almost get to the end, and he left to a round of applause from the jury. He also left with a smile on his face, and won the fan favourite by a landslide. There are a lot of people who have played this game that I too wonder "why do people like him/her"?? But honestly, for me, Ozzy is not one of these people. It's easy for me to like him!
    Lil Bit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yes, Ozzy lost. But so did Coach, Albert, Cowboy, Brandon, Cochran, etc, etc, etc. Ozzy outlasted most of them to almost get to the end, and he left to a round of applause from the jury. He also left with a smile on his face, and won the fan favourite by a landslide. There are a lot of people who have played this game that I too wonder "why do people like him/her"?? But honestly, for me, Ozzy is not one of these people. It's easy for me to like him!
    You're WRONG! But I forgive you

j/k
    sweetpea and Photobabe like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Ozzy's arrogant and is not good at the game. All he is good at is the physical. Then America pumps his arrogance up which makes things worse.
    jucamer and Photobabe like this.

Meh. He had fun playing, he seemed to really enjoy his time there, and obviously a lot of people watching him enjoy doing so.
    There were a lot of people who have played this game who are arrogant. Ozzy is definitely not the most arrogant player we've had.

I don't think he's losing too much sleep over things.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, his strength is the physical game, but at that he's outstanding...like watching an NBA player on the court with a high school pick up team. It's just a pleasure to watch. He reminds me of Muhammad Ali...float like a butterfly, sting like a bee... Would I want to have a deep conversation with him, probably not, but I'd watch his physical game and survival skills any time. He probably does sound arrogant to an average player...probably MIchael Jordan would have also, back in the day, talking about his game, and his love for it. Survivor is Ozzy's "court".
    Does that mean I think he should have won? No, not necessarily, but I think this set up, with RI, played to his strengths, and if he hadn't frozen on that last puzzle he might have won. It was that close. It's probably the best chance he'll ever have. But win/lose, it doesn't take away from the fun of watching him "survive" ...and his personality flaws at least don't include voting out women who tempt you, using a naive kid's religion against him, laziness, etc., etc.
    sweetpea and luvlady345 like this.

... Ozzy is definitely not the most arrogant player we've had...
    That's true Yay - we agree on something regarding the Oz! I can think of quite a few more arrogant.

In fact, that would make for an interesting Survivor, wouldn't it? Arrogant versus Humble. I'd bet the Arrogants would eat themselves alive before the F3.
    sweetpea likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    In fact, that would make for an interesting Survivor, wouldn't it? Arrogant versus Humble. I'd bet the Arrogants would eat themselves alive before the F3.
    That's what we thought with the Villains....that their egos would get in the way and the Heroes would triumph. That was most definitely NOT the case! The egos were there, but the Heroes (minus Rupert) were too stupid to listen to Sandra and make the big moves...they believed Russell was the victim...hey guys, why do you think the show put him on back to back seasons and then put him on the VILLAINS side???? Not too bright, those Heroes.
    jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

What also annoys me is, did Ozzy's arrogant self really think Coach was going to just hand him the win?

Meh. He had fun playing, he seemed to really enjoy his time there, and obviously a lot of people watching him enjoy doing so.
    There were a lot of people who have played this game who are arrogant. Ozzy is definitely not the most arrogant player we've had.

I don't think he's losing too much sleep over things.
    I would say no sleep.

I like Ozzy.He's a good player, he's easy on the eyes, and as you say... not the most arrogant I dont think for one moment he thought Coach would hand him anything, but if he didnt try, he would be lambasted for that also.LOL

I am super glad he got fan favourite
    sweetpea likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast