+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

  1. #31
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,720

    Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

    Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I agree 100 percent with your entire post! Especially the bolded part! That's exactly how I felt! At least Ozzy got the fan favorite, although that's 900,000 short of winning
    Well, he also got 70K for lasting as long as he did, so he got more than Coach by quite a bit. Still not a million, but not bad. As Oz says in the interview in the finale thread, maybe he just has to earn the million the way most people do!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  2. #32
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Here
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

    Ozzy did not deserve to win and I am even happier now that he did not.

  3. #33
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,916

    Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Ozzy did not deserve to win and I am even happier now that he did not.
    That's debatable. He won more challenges than Sophie did. If he had just won that last challenge or gotten Coach to vote to keep him in after it, he would have gone to the end, probably would have won, and I think his win would have been well-deserved.

    Maybe his social game wasn't as good as Sophie's or he was hampered by being a returning player, a known threat, while she was all new to the game, an unmeasured threat.

    I won't downplay her win by saying she didn't deserve it because she did. She beat Ozzy in the last challenge and that assured her own win. However, I have to give Ozzy credit and say if he had won, I would have felt he deserved it. He played the game as well as he could and did better than many other contestants have done.
    sweetpea and luvlady345 like this.

  4. #34
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

    I really don't get all of the Ozzy love. Ozzy lost the game. He was voted out 3 times and lost the final immunity challenge that could have kept him in the game (before Redemption Island came along, he'd have been out long ago). He lost. HE lost. he LOST. again.
    jucamer, Photobabe and JohnnyK like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  5. #35
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,916

    Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

    The first time Ozzy was voted out, it was because he planned to go challenge Christine and get her out. And, despite being voted out by the others, he came back twice! They tried and tried to get him out but he kept returning. They didn't vote him out because he was a do-nothing around camp. They were afraid that if they kept him in the game, he would beat all of them, and indeed it took all of them conspiring together to get him out. I stand by my opinion that Ozzy played a great game.

    Would Sophie had been able to hang on at Redemption Island and make her way back into the game, not just once but twice? We'll never know.

    Would Coach or Albert have been able to do it? I seriously doubt it.

    The social game is only part of Survivor. You don't have to be liked by your fellow contestants to outwit, outplay, and outlast them. In Ozzy's case, the remaining contestants wanted him out because he was a threat to them leaving the game with the money. The people who who were already out of the game however, the jury, most likely would have voted Ozzy for the win. It seems to me that he played a pretty decent social game to pull that off!

    Anyway, to each his own. I'm sure nothing I say will change your mind about Ozzy and nothing you say would make me think less of him.
    Last edited by pikachu; 12-21-2011 at 09:33 AM.

  6. #36
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

    I know, I know. He still lost, for whatever reason(s).

    By the way, did anyone else think this was the least physically stressful season of Survivor in a long time, if not ever? People didn't really lose weight as in seasons past, and while there were some hunger complaints, it didn't seem to be anywhere near what it's been in the past. At least as far as what we were allowed to see, everything seemed to be all about challenges and manipulation. Survivor Lite?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  7. #37
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,916

    Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

    Yeah, it did seem like the contestants had an easier time of it than in the past. The only really brutal challenge I can remember is the pig one. Many of them mentioned having broken teeth and bruises after it. It was gross, too. I can't believe they saved and ate the meat people had spit out of their mouths. Ewww! I wouldn't have eaten, not only because of the ick factor but because that would be a good way to spread a communicable disease. I hope they don't have more challenges like that in the future.

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,376

    Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Yeah, it did seem like the contestants had an easier time of it than in the past. The only really brutal challenge I can remember is the pig one. Many of them mentioned having broken teeth and bruises after it. It was gross, too. I can't believe they saved and ate the meat people had spit out of their mouths. Ewww! I wouldn't have eaten, not only because of the ick factor but because that would be a good way to spread a communicable disease. I hope they don't have more challenges like that in the future.

    OMG I have to agree - my mouth was watering (and not in a good way) watching that challenge. That was the WORST ever!!!!!!!

  9. #39
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG I have to agree - my mouth was watering (and not in a good way) watching that challenge. That was the WORST ever!!!!!!!
    Was that mouth watering or bile?
    jucamer likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  10. #40
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,967

    Re: Vote on who you're rooting for to win Survivor: South Pacific!

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    it did seem like the contestants had an easier time of it than in the past. The only really brutal challenge I can remember is the pig one. Many of them mentioned having broken teeth and bruises after it.
    Jeff was shocked at the extent of the injuries from the pig. Pretty obvious the challenges were toned down this season, and that the pig challenge was supposed to be one of them. I disliked that the RI challenges were almost universally a matter of luck, and therefore surprised that Christine and then Ozzy lasted as long as they did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.