+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 12/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 12/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I had forgotton about that. I loved that too! It repelled and fascinated me at the same time.
    I know , me too. I would cover my eyes and look through my fingers.I remember Colby (I think it was him) against a small girl.Anyway the small girl chugged something down leaving Colby to gag! LOL fun

Well there's always fear factor which starts on Monday.

Without having read the thread yet, here are my thoughts on the show:

Ozzy was great when Cochran came to RI and when he (barely) won the duel. Say what you will, I thought Ozzy was understanding, empathetic and really quite nice to Cochran, the man who (rightly or wrongly) ruined Ozzy's tribe. I still really hope Ozzy makes it back into the game. That would be really interesting.

I was really shocked Coach gave his word "As a Christian Man" to take Ozzy to the F3 if he makes it back into the game. Not sure what to make of that. Is he truthful? We've never heard him say as much in a confessional. Is he serious? Who knows!

Coach, coach coach...I sometimes dislike you immensely, and then you give one of those goofy cheeky grins and I kind of like you. I'm conflicted!! Stop with the Dragon Poses!!!

Brandon's Dad is a wack job. Just like the other Hantz men. Ugh, I am so sick of all of them. Brandon telling Edna he was deliberately trying to target her at the immunity challenge was just so petty and stupid. She (and Sophie) were bang on when they said he thinks apologizing negates the crappy behaviour that necessitated the apology in the first place. He's so immature and when he was talking with his Dad and said the game all changed and now it was about playing like Jesus would, he had this fanatical look on his face. Sad that they cast him in the first place, sad that he's still there, sad that he didn't leave tonight. He can go now, for my own peace of mind.

Cochran's speech when leaving was very real and I actually liked it very much. I've not liked him but I've grown to appreciate how much he loves the show and when he said he even loved Jeff saying "C'mon in guys!" and had to realize "I'm one of the guys!" - it was sweet.

I'm still glad Ozzy won though.

I felt bad for Edna but still frustrated with her for not doing ANYTHING up to this point. Sucks to be you, Edna.

Brandon's Dad really jumped into the strategy of playing the game, didn't he? Yikes. We don't usually see family members doing that on the visit, but what do we expect from a Hantz???

Go, Ozzy!! Go, Sophie!!

And I kind of loved Rick for his grab of his wife's butt. Atta boy, Rick!
    Shoepie, rfromp and mushybrain like this.

If good baby Russell makes it to the final, I think he could winbased ona goodness vote.

"if I am lying, I swear I will eat coaches bleep.".....a good moment, a really Deliciousone

I know Brandon's dad was giving Coach a Russell vibe making Coach want to eliminate Brandon.
    You can do it!

That was totally gross of Edna to say what she'd eat of Coach's......yikes.
    She's just too emotional...had she played it with some self-confidence, she might have pursuaded the others to vote for Brandon. To admit that her "feelings were hurt" is really saying, poor little me....you can't care about your feelings in a game like this. Personally, I don't think she ever had what it takes to play this game.

I couldn't believe how Brandon acts around his father. It just seems so pitiful how much he needs his father's approval. Kind of sad, in a way. But what really surprised me was how he called his dad, dude and bro. Very conflicting, given how insecure he seems about his dad's opinion of him.
    I agree that Brandon's father appears very young, probably impregnated some girl at a very early age, just like Brandon.
    Coach really pegged all the Hantz's by saying they're all cut from the same cloth. My opinion exactly. Brandon's dad looked like a younger version of creepy Russell and I really disliked being reminded of the little troll.

Edna also pegged Brandon by saying he was a very young uneducated little boy but then she acted like a little girl, which surprised me, given her accomplishments in real life. All the education in the world can't help you if you still act immaturely.
    As for Coach, I find myself conflicted with each episode. Sometimes I can't stand him and at others, I can admire the way he handles the game...although he's definitely had plenty of practice. I really dislike having the same people compete over and over.

And I really dislike it when people (Brandon) talk so pious and moral and then behave in the opposite way. As much as I disliked Russell, he was pretty upfront about saying he'd do whatever it takes to win.

I liked Cochran and was rooting for him because of his passion for the game and I really admired his final speech.
    I think he felt with his brain power, he could win the game but neglected to realize that there are many more aspects needed, like social skills, to win.

FORT Fogey

I think Coach knew he was safe to promise Ozzy final 2. He has the numbers to oust him without voting for him. That would irritate his team but he is a smooth talker and may be able to finesse it. He could say that he made a promise to Ozzy in the beginning of the game not to write his name down. He also has an idol.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think Coach knew he was safe to promise Ozzy final 2. He has the numbers to oust him without voting for him. That would irritate his team but he is a smooth talker and may be able to finesse it. He could say that he made a promise to Ozzy in the beginning of the game not to write his name down. He also has an idol.
    I never quite understand the strategy of when a tribe knows one of it's members has the idol and don't flush it out. Even if the person is part of their alliance, at some point it is too powerful for one person to have, and they should force the member to play it. Instead they allow themselves to be manipulated by it and the person holding it sail to the finals.
    holly71 likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I never quite understand the strategy of when a tribe knows one of it's members has the idol and don't flush it out. Even if the person is part of their alliance, at some point it is too powerful for one person to have, and they should force the member to play it. Instead they allow themselves to be manipulated by it and the person holding it sail to the finals.
    I agree. At the point where the tribes merged and it became an individual contest, they should have been sitting around the campfire and said, "Coach, enough of us have decided to vote for you tonight that you need to play that idol. Nothing personal - we just want to have a more level playing field." Unfortunately, when Coach plays it, someone ELSE would be going home that night . . . but Coach would lose his sense of security for future Tribal Councils.
    Shoepie likes this.

I wonder...do the tribe members take stock of the jury's reactions during tribal council? I saw a lot of eye rolling and face palming last night when Edna/Coach et al were talking about "honour and integrity" as their code for playing the game. If it were me, I'd recognize that the jury, made up exclusively of ex-Savaii members (and Cochran) don't want to hear about your honour and integrity, and would be adjusting my final tc speech in my mind. Sound too self-righteous and they are going to blast you, I think.

I also think they should have flushed that HII out before now. It leaves Coach with too much power this late in the game.

The only time Coach can afford to play it is the last TC where it is allowed. F4? F5? And then hope he wins the next challenge. I do understand his being afraid to play it now.

Yeah, he might as well play it at the last opportunity to do so. Maybe the jury would appreciate the gesture if Coach said "You know, I am never really sure of my place so I'm going to play the HII just to be safe" - they may not believe him necessarily but it is worth a shot!

I was surprised (and yet not) at how vocal the rest were during the Ozzy/Cochran duel. They were definitely not on Ozzy's side and he knows it. I guess because he's such a huge threat if he gets back in the game. It was great how he stayed so calm and cool despite their yelling out advice to Cochran to try and help him win. Poor Cochran, he almost hit himself in the face with that grappling hook at first, until Albert told him where to hold it when he tossed it. His spastic style with the maze was hilarious. I'd like to believe he meant to do that crazy first move that advanced him halfway around the board, but I honestly believe it was a total accident!

+ Reply to Thread