+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 12/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 12/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Well, her example was a bit over the top, but I got what she meant. Brandon thinks if he says he's sorry everything's ok and everyone should forgive him. That's like a Catholic saying he can murder, cheat on his wife, etc., go to confession, and it's all ok... and then go out and do it again...because you know Brandon will spill all the beans again ASAP. Missing the whole part about resolving never to repeat the "sin". As to the wife beating analogy...that's exactly what goes on... the husband says I'm sorry and brings flowers, the wife forgives him, and all is dandy until the next time he loses his temper. Given the bizarro family Brandon comes from I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's seen that role model...you apologize to the lady and she has to forgive you.
    And speaking of bizarre family...I guess Brandon's early fatherhood is an example of the apple not falling far from the tree....or else dad got all the good genes in the Hantz family ... certainly Russell looks every minute of his age.
    The dad is pushing Coach to commit to Brandon right in front of one of the other relatives!!!!???? Guess that's where Brandon learned his social skills. No wonder Coach took off like a rabbit.
    Clearly dad could care less about playing like Jesus would....he wants Brandon to get the $$$, probably because he figures that's the only way the kid will ever come up with serious cash, and maybe because daddy figures he can guilt him into sharing it with dad. As was said above, looking at this family you can almost sympathize with Brandon's desperate desire for a black and white moral code.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And yes, I'm sure it was editing, but it really did look like Cochran was close to beating the great Oz! Sigh... I was impressed with the way he just rushed through the outer edges of the game...I think he's played the smaller version of that game a lot... Oz was clearly buttering Cochran up for votes later.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    man. I went from not minding at the start of the season to praying she gets booted off tonight. BEYOND annoying and whiny. I get that you're getting booted and are scrambling but it's a GAME. A GAME. Taking it so personally and crying and comparing it to an abusive husband. REALLY?
    That was really over the top for an example I never really cared for her.I think Rick should go next, he's done nothing Sophie and Coach arent going anywhere imho.
    I am so glad Cochran got something from this game( everyone does) he made me smile tonight.Brandon isnt a loose cannon imho, he's just not very bright. He says whats he's thinking, he has no filter. Without him theses final few would be oh so boring

FORT Newbie

These people act like they havent seen their loved ones in 3 years - not 30 days. i mean seriously, cant we lose this part of the show?

Brandon is such a cry baby - i was so hoping he would go home tonite.

It looks like they found a non athletic challenge so Ozzy is in big trouble.
    holly71 and captain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gater View Post
    These people act like they havent seen their loved ones in 3 years - not 30 days. i mean seriously, cant we lose this part of the show?

I was crying . I always cry at this part. I know soft right? I think when you are stripped of touch and love, you do well up with feelings. Oh well.
    AmyKay and JavaJo like this.

I have not been a fan of Ozzy this season, but I did feel bad that he wasn't given the opportunity to see a family member.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

Edna made sense and I was rooting for her to stay but I knew it was folly.

The preview was misleading; they always do this. Yawn.

Go Sophie!

FORT Newbie

I don't feel bad. He's not in the game right now. He's on Redemption. No way should he have had a family member there. He was voted OUT.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gater View Post

Haha I totally agree about the loved on thing. I didnt see or have any connection to my family for 40 days while I was travelling abroad and I didnt cry. But then again, to each their own.

When Coach was telling Edna that he was planning on NOT using his immunity idol (but he wouldn't give it to her) I sort-of thought Edna's wheels were turning and she would go back and tell the tribe and try and get them to vote Coach out. I'm not sure they would've bought it, but I suppose it was worth a try. I think all the 4 left are trying to not rock the boat because they know that Brandon is a loose cannon so they are hoping he is the next to go and as long as it's not them they are keeping quiet and hoping to make it another day.

+ Reply to Thread