+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion

Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

This is just my opinion, but I think Cochran traded an excellent end game position for going out 7th. How is that a smart move? We all know how the individual immunity portion of this game works. You get rid of the comp threats as soon as they are vulnerable. Ozzy would have gone first without question. They showed us this on the show, and it's been reiterated in the interviews of the tribe members who are now on the jury. Jim, Keith, even Dawn would have gone before Cochran because they were the stronger physical comp threats. That leaves Cochran in the F4, and almost surely F3, because they all saw him as the easiest one to beat.

Instead he traded that for false promises of F4 with a tribe that made it more than clear when they merged, that they were not turning on each other until the other tribe was gone. It's been said he was treated better by Coach's tribe than his own, but how is using him for his vote til it's no longer needed, then tossing him out like yesterday's garbage, treating him better? Especially since we never saw any of this 'bullying' from his own tribe, and I believe, with the way Jeff loves Cochran, if they had that on tape they would have shown it to the tv audience to make Cochran a more sympathetic character. Which, I have come to the conclusion, is all he cared about in the first place. Not winning this show, but being a 'character'. He got his wish, just not too sure it's the way he wanted to be known. He made a bad move, one of the worst from this series, IMO. Trading an almost guaranteed spot in F4, if not F3, for going out when he did, was not a smart move.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    This is just my opinion, but I think Cochran traded an excellent end game position for going out 7th. How is that a smart move?
    I think you have made very excellent arguments, but importantly they all go to the social game. My point is I respect him for his unwillingness to accept pretty good odds of remaining in the game by drawing a rock. That was just part of it, because as you did such a great job of pointing out, he utterly failed the social game stragegy by not considering the social ramifications of jumping sides. I agree with you there.

I thought it was a dumb move by Cochran back then and now even more. There were other moves he could have made. I am late watching this but this means that I did not have to wait a week hoping that Ozzie beats Cochran and gets his revenge. Just 1 day.

Normally I cheer for the underdog but not when people pretend to be one and then blame others constantly. "Mooh They were bullying me" Those meanies.
    pikachu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I think you have made very excellent arguments, but importantly they all go to the social game. My point is I respect him for his unwillingness to accept pretty good odds of remaining in the game by drawing a rock. That was just part of it, because as you did such a great job of pointing out, he utterly failed the social game stragegy by not considering the social ramifications of jumping sides. I agree with you there.
    Well now he's with Ozzy who also failed the social game

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of Cochran, DutchWoman! I felt sorry for him when it looked like he, Papa Bear and Dawn were the underdogs on their team, facing certain elimination, but Cochran hasn't been the underdog since he got the others to eliminate Elyse. He was calling the shots on his tribe, stirring things up, and then tried to paint himself as the victim after the merge to get sympathy from Coach's tribe. I'm glad they didn't let that little pity ploy keep Cochran in to the finals.

I can't wait to see what happens tonight! I hope the unimaginable doesn't happen and Cochran doesn't somehow beat Ozzy at the Redemption Island challenge. You can't count out anything on a reality show, though, and stranger things have happened.

FORT Newbie

Oh Cochran..

"I don't want to leave it to chance" - Sorry Buddy, I thought you were bright enough to see it is ALL chance.. and Statistically you had a better CHANCE at not picking the purple rock then at hitting the right sociological formula to win these peeps over.. (and SURELY you were aware your Social skills are right up there with your fishing, showing your body and walking in a straight line skills..)

As for Serial killer potential, Brandon is not smart enough.. Possible snap potential but serial killing takes a closed mouth.. I am pretty sure we are safe..

Social skills people don't take or are aware of. As they want to do the challenges or trying to pull your weight in camp. Just ask Albert LOL! Brandon I hope that they take to the end and he not win it. As he is beginning to be like his uncle a little bit.
    Easter Bunnies!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
    Social skills people don't take or are aware of. As they want to do the challenges or trying to pull your weight in camp. Just ask Albert LOL! Brandon I hope that they take to the end and he not win it. As he is beginning to be like his uncle a little bit.
    I don't know...it seems to be Cochran is aware of his social skills deficits at least on some level. Most smart nerds I know are self aware enough to know that they lack "something". They may blame it on a lack of good looks (and really that is part of it), but they know they are missing something for situations like this.

I think it's that tendency to be self-deprecating that can really hurt you when you're someone like Cochran in a game like Survivor.

When he was telling all his stories about pooping in his pants as a small child at school, to saying the wrong things to the cute girl, etc, always kind of pointing out your less-than-stellar moments, or physical weaknesses, kind of paves the way for how others see you and talk to you. Not saying it's a reason to put anyone down, (before anyone jumps down my throat) but when a person is always bringing up their deficits in a sort of joking / self-mocking way, it's hard for people to realize that when someone else does it, it might hurt their feelings. I do get that Cochran has a different sense of humour and understands that socially he is lacking certain skills, but dude stop telling stories that make you look even worse!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112