+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

If it's really all numbers he went from #6 to #7, but his gamble wasn't that: it was "do I think I have a chance of climbing out of the bottom on Coach's tribe or on Ozzy's?" As it turns out he probably didn't have a chance of climbing out of the bottom on either tribe, but he had to go on what he saw of each tribe and see which one he thought he had the better chance with. It's not dumb: it's the hubris of assuming that your odds are better when you control them than when you draw blind chance
    I think Cochran deserves to be nominated for the next dumbest survivor ever award for what he did. There have been several serious contenders since Season 20, including Matt(Season 22), Natalie(Season 22), Brandon and Ozzy.

But he felt really strongly that he didn't want to depart from the game based solely on chance. It may not have been the wisest move but I feel it's a legitimate one. For him. He wanted to actually play the game and see how far strategy could get him. Doesn't matter if the strategy sucked. He was being true to what he wanted to accomplish in the game.
    march and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    But he felt really strongly that he didn't want to depart from the game based solely on chance. It may not have been the wisest move but I feel it's a legitimate one. For him. He wanted to actually play the game and see how far strategy could get him. Doesn't matter if the strategy sucked. He was being true to what he wanted to accomplish in the game.
    I agree with his move, it certainly wasn't a dumb move imho.Choosing a rock, thats a dumb move
    march likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree with his move, it certainly wasn't a dumb move imho.Choosing a rock, thats a dumb move
    I agree.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Correct me if I am wrong but at the time when they merged Cochran wasn't even be considered for the vote by the other side, was he?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but at the time when they merged Cochran wasn't even be considered for the vote by the other side, was he?
    He was not. Each team chose a physically strong player to eliminate. Keith and Rick. It was a tie and the stones were much better odds for Cochran. He had no chance on either team to advance beyond the point he left. He was doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    He was not. Each team chose a physically strong player to eliminate. Keith and Rick. It was a tie and the stones were much better odds for Cochran. He had no chance on either team to advance beyond the point he left. He was doomed.
    So the didn't want to choose rocks was just a cop out on Cochran's behalf because he wasn't even going to be voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    So the didn't want to choose rocks was just a cop out on Cochran's behalf because he wasn't even going to be voted for.
    Had he chosen the rock, he would have been gone.Is that how you would like your fate decided( not me) .Thats all he was going to do.They were not going to vote off anyone from either tribe = it was a stalemate

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I don't remember that scene, but could it have been an editing job? Or could you clearly see her stabbing the wood right after she discussed Cochran on camera? Could it have been spliced together? That image of Sophie does not jive with my impression of her based on what I have seen, but maybe there was more to it that wasn't shown. Anyway, I don't even remember it.
    I remember it well, especially since my DH remarked that the way she was doing it was a good way to chop off a leg if you missed! But due to TV's editing who knows if it really followed her ditribe agains Cochran.

FORT Fogey

Sorry in the situation that Cochran was in the rocks were definitely the better choice. If you lived past the rocks, and your team did than you were that much closer. You also than have noone on the jury mad at you if you do make it to the end. Plus he had the chance that his team would keep him because they had continued to keep him all along. He basically with his choice stated I want someone fromt he opposing tribe to win instead of my tribe.

+ Reply to Thread