+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 119
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #101
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    76

    Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    If it's really all numbers he went from #6 to #7, but his gamble wasn't that: it was "do I think I have a chance of climbing out of the bottom on Coach's tribe or on Ozzy's?" As it turns out he probably didn't have a chance of climbing out of the bottom on either tribe, but he had to go on what he saw of each tribe and see which one he thought he had the better chance with. It's not dumb: it's the hubris of assuming that your odds are better when you control them than when you draw blind chance
    I think Cochran deserves to be nominated for the next dumbest survivor ever award for what he did. There have been several serious contenders since Season 20, including Matt(Season 22), Natalie(Season 22), Brandon and Ozzy.

  2. #102
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,152

    Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    But he felt really strongly that he didn't want to depart from the game based solely on chance. It may not have been the wisest move but I feel it's a legitimate one. For him. He wanted to actually play the game and see how far strategy could get him. Doesn't matter if the strategy sucked. He was being true to what he wanted to accomplish in the game.
    march and Fanny Mare like this.

  3. #103
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,679

    Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    But he felt really strongly that he didn't want to depart from the game based solely on chance. It may not have been the wisest move but I feel it's a legitimate one. For him. He wanted to actually play the game and see how far strategy could get him. Doesn't matter if the strategy sucked. He was being true to what he wanted to accomplish in the game.
    I agree with his move, it certainly wasn't a dumb move imho.Choosing a rock, thats a dumb move
    march likes this.

  4. #104
    FORT Fogey march's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    863

    Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree with his move, it certainly wasn't a dumb move imho.Choosing a rock, thats a dumb move
    I agree.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  5. #105
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Correct me if I am wrong but at the time when they merged Cochran wasn't even be considered for the vote by the other side, was he?

  6. #106
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but at the time when they merged Cochran wasn't even be considered for the vote by the other side, was he?
    He was not. Each team chose a physically strong player to eliminate. Keith and Rick. It was a tie and the stones were much better odds for Cochran. He had no chance on either team to advance beyond the point he left. He was doomed.

  7. #107
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    He was not. Each team chose a physically strong player to eliminate. Keith and Rick. It was a tie and the stones were much better odds for Cochran. He had no chance on either team to advance beyond the point he left. He was doomed.
    So the didn't want to choose rocks was just a cop out on Cochran's behalf because he wasn't even going to be voted for.

  8. #108
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,679

    Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    So the didn't want to choose rocks was just a cop out on Cochran's behalf because he wasn't even going to be voted for.
    Had he chosen the rock, he would have been gone.Is that how you would like your fate decided( not me) .Thats all he was going to do.They were not going to vote off anyone from either tribe = it was a stalemate

  9. #109
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I don't remember that scene, but could it have been an editing job? Or could you clearly see her stabbing the wood right after she discussed Cochran on camera? Could it have been spliced together? That image of Sophie does not jive with my impression of her based on what I have seen, but maybe there was more to it that wasn't shown. Anyway, I don't even remember it.
    I remember it well, especially since my DH remarked that the way she was doing it was a good way to chop off a leg if you missed! But due to TV's editing who knows if it really followed her ditribe agains Cochran.

  10. #110
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Sorry in the situation that Cochran was in the rocks were definitely the better choice. If you lived past the rocks, and your team did than you were that much closer. You also than have noone on the jury mad at you if you do make it to the end. Plus he had the chance that his team would keep him because they had continued to keep him all along. He basically with his choice stated I want someone fromt he opposing tribe to win instead of my tribe.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.