+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I think the editors were having fun with that, but I agree, it isn't a big deal if she viciously stabbed the wood just after talking about Cochran, it certainly emphasized her feelings towards him which I laughed to see!

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Actually no, I don't think it was such a good chance. There were 10 people drawing rocks. That's only a 10% chance he'd draw the purple rock. Any of us would place a bet if we had a 90% shot at winning. But he took that 10% chance and gambled and lost. It was a BAD gamble because there was a 90% chance he would go out no higher than 6th in the pecking order either way.
    If it's really all numbers he went from #6 to #7, but his gamble wasn't that: it was "do I think I have a chance of climbing out of the bottom on Coach's tribe or on Ozzy's?" As it turns out he probably didn't have a chance of climbing out of the bottom on either tribe, but he had to go on what he saw of each tribe and see which one he thought he had the better chance with. It's not dumb: it's the hubris of assuming that your odds are better when you control them than when you draw blind chance.
    march and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Ozzy volunteering to go to Redemption. They would have gotten rid of Cochran and scooped up Christine. She hated those people especially coach.
    From outside the game we can say that, but from inside the game we have no evidence that Ozzy knew how vehemently Christine opposed her former tribe.
    Shoepie and JohnnyK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    From outside the game we can say that, but from inside the game we have no evidence that Ozzy knew how vehemently Christine opposed her former tribe.
    Didn't she badmouth her own tribe thoroughly and clearly during a couple of those many RI challenges she participated in, with Savaii members as witnesses?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    Didn't she badmouth her own tribe thoroughly and clearly during a couple of those many RI challenges she participated in, with Savaii members as witnesses?
    Yes. i seem to remember that. When it was her and the Mortician lady and they were calling him Benjamin.

FORT Regular

I hope they have a decent RI challenge like something that involves physical ability.

Would be stupid if it was rigged and we see Ozzy Vs Cochran in a game of "Memory" (the cards that you flip over). Cant stand that one.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    Yes, she also gave a significant one fingered scratch to her former tribemates. Considering she was voted out first from Upolu, I wouldn't have thought her angry attitude was a ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    If it's really all numbers he went from #6 to #7, but his gamble wasn't that: it was "do I think I have a chance of climbing out of the bottom on Coach's tribe or on Ozzy's?" As it turns out he probably didn't have a chance of climbing out of the bottom on either tribe, but he had to go on what he saw of each tribe and see which one he thought he had the better chance with. It's not dumb: it's the hubris of assuming that your odds are better when you control them than when you draw blind chance.
    Ah, but therein lies the rub. Cochran had already successfully conspired with Jim and Dawn to eliminate Elyse, which was a pretty big move going against Ozzy early on. (Keith and Whitney were also complicit in that scheme even though they didn't vote for Elyse.) Had Cochran not flipped and Savaii ended up with the numbers advantage, it would have been entirely possible, probable even, that those three would have joined forces again to get rid of Ozzy, Keith and Whitney. Hindsight most definitely is 20/20.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Ah, but therein lies the rub. Cochran had already successfully conspired with Jim and Dawn to eliminate Elyse, which was a pretty big move going against Ozzy early on. (Keith and Whitney were also complicit in that scheme even though they didn't vote for Elyse.) Had Cochran not flipped and Savaii ended up with the numbers advantage, it would have been entirely possible, probable even, that those three would have joined forces again to get rid of Ozzy, Keith and Whitney. Hindsight most definitely is 20/20.
    I agree.

Cochran said before the show aired:
    "The individual game, come merge time, is when I'm gonna succeed. I'm gonna be able to slither in and out of every alliance, bond and cut bonds as quickly as you can blink your eye. So, if the merge comes and I'm still here, you're gonna see it happen, you're gonna see it happen!"
    This tells me he was ready, willing, and eager to flip and make the big moves. Sadly, I don't think he's quite the mastermind he thinks he is, or that someone like Rob was. Despite everything, he should have looked at ALL the paths to the end, and realized that he could work with Jim and Dawn again to be the F3. He also should have realized that Coach's tribe would never ditch one of their own before him, he was briefly useful to them but that's it. It was shortsighted I think, and shows that Cochran was more of a Survivor-legend in his own mind rather than on the show itself.
    Tribal Speak and mushybrain like this.

+ Reply to Thread