+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 11/23 Recap/Unseen Footage Episode

11/23 Recap/Unseen Footage Episode

I usually find these episodes boring, but I found myself smiling a lot during this one. The interaction between Coach and Cochran was almost cute

Keith and Whitney...they should have gone into the jungle. Ugh. Seeing how that tribe treated Cochran really bothered me. I felt happy he turned on them and gave them a kick in the pants. enjoyed Cochran's saying that he knew he'd be weak in the group, but if he could make it to merge he'd do well. He was right on that.

Ozzy...bully, mean to Cochran. He's so full of himself. I really can't like him.

Rick spoke!

Wish we had an extra week to hear this as it's relevant to the game...hear that, Mark Burnette?
    jucamer and sparklete like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Re: 11/23 Recap/Unseen Footage Episode

It's funny, because yes the tribe did blame Cochran later and were absolutely rude, but the footage of him with the tribe early on showed them really enjoying him. The girls, Whitney and Elyse, seemed to enjoy laughing with him and found his stories amusing. I realize I'm probably in the minority but I really didn't see terrible, horrifying behaviour on their part towards Cochran, at least at the beginning. And the stuff they said after he betrayed them, while over the top, I can understand because they were genuinely upset at the inevitable pagonging to follow.

Now Coach on the other hand, roasting the fat on the stick and then making gagging noises just to hopefully make Mikayla even more sick, because she took too much sugar...what is he, twelve? Sheesh buddy, couldn't you just tell her calmly that she took too much and they need to make it last for everyone? What a passive-aggressive bunch of crap that was. Frankly, Coach can take his stories, his Godfather persona, his hypocrisy in saying Ozzy is the arrogant one, and his passive-aggressive crap and (hopefully) never come back to this game.

And why was Coach so OTT irritated that Ozzy likes to sleep in the sand? Who the heck cares where people sleep? Ozzy wasn't demanding the best sleeping space, he was saying he didn't mind sleeping on the ground. Am I missing something here, that this put coach in a rage?

And nice going, using prayer to try to make the point to Brandon that he needs to zip it at TCs. Way to use Brandon's devotion to religion to keep him in line. Ugh.
    captain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    ...Now Coach on the other hand, roasting the fat on the stick and then making gagging noises just to hopefully make Mikayla even more sick, because she took too much sugar...what is he, twelve? Sheesh buddy, couldn't you just tell her calmly that she took too much and they need to make it last for everyone? What a passive-aggressive bunch of crap that was. Frankly, Coach can take his stories, his Godfather persona, his hypocrisy in saying Ozzy is the arrogant one, and his passive-aggressive crap and (hopefully) never come back to this game...
    I must be too tired or a very mean person, but I thought it was funny - maybe because I never cared much for Mikayla. Coach was childish, I agree, and if he did that to me I'd be ticked off, too. But as a spectator with no skin in the game, I was amused.

...And why was Coach so OTT irritated that Ozzy likes to sleep in the sand? Who the heck cares where people sleep? Ozzy wasn't demanding the best sleeping space, he was saying he didn't mind sleeping on the ground. Am I missing something here, that this put coach in a rage?...
    My impression of that scene was that it wasn't about Ozzy sleeping in the sand but how they'd treated Cochran. Keith & Whitney were in one shelter with a blanket, Dawn & ? were in another shelter with a blanket, Ozzy was by the fire -- all of them were warm and cozy, while Cochran was left out in the cold, figuratively and literally. That was how I took it, anyway. I felt Coach saw that as a great injustice, picking on the little guy.
    jucamer and sparklete like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

But, Ozzy was sleeping by the fire, but certainly wasn't hogging the real estate there. He didn't even have a blanket. There didn't seem to be anything stopping Cocrhan from sleeping beside Ozzy, by the fire, at least for the heat.

I get that the tribe wasn't nice to Cochran, but honestly I don't get "Poor Cochran the outcast" from that particular clip. I do see how Coach could see it as a serious transgression worthy of his benevolent intervention on Cochran's behalf... /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I must be too tired or a very mean person, but I thought it was funny - maybe because I never cared much for Mikayla. Coach was childish, I agree, and if he did that to me I'd be ticked off, too. But as a spectator with no skin in the game, I was amused.
    Fair enough, SugarMama. I don't care for Coach (can you tell? ) so that is also colouring my view of the incident. I didn't think he behaved "honourably" there, but then again I think Coach cherry picks what 'Honour' means, depending on how it suits him.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Moontat like this.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I recorded the show to watch when we got home from the church. Sadly, a small plane has gone down about 25 miles from here, and they keep breaking in with news updates. Survivor doesn't seem all that important all of a sudden . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I recorded the show to watch when we got home from the church. Sadly, a small plane has gone down about 25 miles from here, and they keep breaking in with news updates. Survivor doesn't seem all that important all of a sudden . . .
    Sorry to hear that, AZChristian. Hope the story has a good ending. Hugs...

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    True - you can watch it at cbs.com also

Yeah, I read about the plane crash...at that time they didn't know the size of the plane or any details, just a lot of fire! any more news? How tragic!

Fair enough, SugarMama. I don't care for Coach (can you tell? ) so that is also colouring my view of the incident. I didn't think he behaved "honourably" there, but then again I think Coach cherry picks what 'Honour' means, depending on how it suits him.
    yeah I kinda noticed - and I'm not an Ozzy fan, so we balance out And I agree how his definition of honor changes to suit him, but it doesn't irritate me, I find it amusing

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    My impression of that scene was that it wasn't about Ozzy sleeping in the sand but how they'd treated Cochran. Keith & Whitney were in one shelter with a blanket, Dawn & ? were in another shelter with a blanket, Ozzy was by the fire -- all of them were warm and cozy, while Cochran was left out in the cold, figuratively and literally. That was how I took it, anyway. I felt Coach saw that as a great injustice, picking on the little guy.
    I got that Coach felt that Ozzy was implying that because he was okay with sleeping in the sand, anyone else should be okay with themselves sleeping that way too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast