+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

So what were Albert and Sophie thinking? It was the perfect time to defect from the Cult of Coach. Albert and Sophie could have been top 2 of 5 and then picked either Whitney, Dawn, or Cochran to be the 3rd to their 1st and 2nd and then voted out the other 2 after voting off all the Upolos. If I were them I think an argument for the win could be made for either Cochran or Dawn in the final 3, so I would've taken Whitney to final 3 (assuming it is final 3 and not 2) because she really hasn't done anything to warrent a win. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
    sweetpea and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

I think this season and last season are really good examples of why they shouldn't mix past survivors in with a largely new cast. It just gets boringly predictable. I was so hoping Albert was going to be able to orchestrate that move against Edna tonight, just to liven things up. But if they don't do something soon--or if the show doesn't come up with a twist somehow--Coach is going to drag Edna and Cochoran or Brandon to the end with him, because no one's going to feel Edna or Cochoran did much of anything and Brandon's so weirdly unstable that they may not wish to vote for him either. Speaking of Cochoran, what was his excuse for not winning tonight's second immunity challenge, since it wasn't physical at all but just had to do with remembering facts? If he's a law student, he should have decent memory skills.

I'd love to see Dawn beat Ozzy at the next RI challenge, just to see the expression on Ozzy's face. I do sort of buy his claim that he'd rather be on RI at this point, though. Ozzy's weakness is his strategizing and social game, and RI doesn't require those skills. He's not really alone all that much either, since someone's been voted off and onto RI every couple of days. And seriously, given some of the contestants, I don't think it would be such a huge disadvantage to be alone anyway.
    captain, sweetpea, jucamer and 1 others like this.

I think Ozzy prefers being alone, for the very reason you describe. Remember on his first season, at the reunion, he got almost teary when he told Jeff he dreamed about being back on the island, climbing trees, fishing, etc. Physically, this game is right up his alley. Strategy is definitely not his strong suit.

He did look hot on top of that tree though.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I did love the shots of Ozzy being Ozzy...let him run free in the water, on the island. And he has a point that eating well should help him on strength challenges like balancing those poles (a real upper body strength task I have to say...their previous tests have been more things both men and women could do about equally well... unless you buy that men have no sense of balance, which a lot of these men seem to lack)...and would help him mentally if he had the basic smarts.
    But otherwise this was disappointing... Pagonging. I wonder if they had the two evictions together just to get it over with. Well, guess they couldn't do that, it could be called game fixing if they didn't have the whole thing planned out in advance, but at least it got the painful Pagonging over with for the viewers. Now onto cannabalizing their own team.
    sweetpea likes this.

The pagonging was painful to watch, definitely. At least now it might get interesting when they have to eat their own. Coach's head is swelling with every episode, so I would kill to see him get blindsided. I doubt it will happen, but I can dream, right?

Did anyone else simultaneously laugh hysterically and groan out loud at the sight of Cochran doing Coach's brand of tai chi? I laughed as well when Cochran said he was merely sipping at the Coach Koolaid.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Ozzy has such a horrible social game, why oh why does he insist on giving the remaining people a verbal finger when ever he talks to them? Is he that stupid, that arrogant?
    jucamer likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, at least now I know it will be a nine person jury with a final 3. Nice that the producers eliminated 4 people in such quick succession and we get to see our first 4 members of the jury.

Ozzy doesn't give a crap about sucking up to them. He truly believes that his abilities to survive should win him the game. It almost did the first time around, but things have changed since then. Probably not the best idea when trying to possibly win the game. I don't think he thinks that far ahead.

He just was not cut out for the social aspect of this show.

Love a double eviction.Loved what Cochran had to say about only sips of Coach's kool aid.LOL Love seeing hot Ozzy on RI
    It was a good night for us

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Ozzy doesn't give a crap about sucking up to them. He truly believes that his abilities to survive should win him the game. It almost did the first time around, but things have changed since then. Probably not the best idea when trying to possibly win the game. I don't think he thinks that far ahead.

He just was not cut out for the social aspect of this show.
    In 23 seasons of Survivor no one yet has won the game simply by being a physical challenge. On the other hand plenty of people have lost the game of survivor by thinking they could win the game by simply being physically more able than the other folks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast