+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 11/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I adore Coach. His range from brilliant to wacked is fascinating. And sometimes both in the same paragraph!
    He really is fascinating isn't he? At times he repels me utterly, and I want to reach through the tv and slap him. Then at times he seems to make sense in some wacked out way and I'm suddenly worried that I'm being sucked into the Coach mindset. It's a roller coaster ride with this one.
    KatesMom likes this.

Good comments above!

I can't stand Whitney - I wonder if she didn't come on Survivor to boost her singing career? Once Keith got the boot, what did she have left?

I don't mind Coach at all - I think he's playing a good game. And, yes, I agree...he gives good soundbites

I think this will be that RI also, was it the way they did it last time? I can't remember. But I can see the winner coming back and the other two starting the jury.

So far, I have very little to complain about this season (did I just say that? ) I've even started warming up to Brandon

I like: Sophie () Albert, Dawn, Coach, Cochran, and Brandon

I don't like: Whitney (), Jim, Ozzy

I don't even know enough about to like/dislike: Keith, Rick, Edna (we need that extra hour, Burnette!)

Did I miss anybody? Have a great day, all!
    Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm struggling for someone to like on this season. Sophie and Albert, that's about it. If I never see the duo of Brandon and Cochran stuffing their faces and resting their heads on each other again, I will be happy.

I can only hope Sophie and Albert have a plan for after the Pagonging, when they have to turn on their own. Please. Please for the love of all that is good, please get rid of Coach, Cochran and Brandon.

All the focus on "playing honourably" this season is making me a bit ill. All the puffed up words and the grandiose, flowery sentiment. Puhleeze.

I thought Ozzy was very civil with Cochran. Brandon's intrusion was annoying. Then again, Brandon is just plain annoying. Dawn apologizing to the nutjob at tc was pathetic. WHY oh why why why don't they cut this whack-job??

At this point, if I were on this season, I'd be offering myself up at TC just to get away from these people. Ugh.

On the bright side, that was one NICE fish Ozzy caught!
    Thank you for saying what I have been thinking!!!! I have tried to keep an open mind about Cochran, even though I find him extremely annoying, but he completely lost me after last night's episode. Telling Brandon he could rest his head on his shoulder for as long as he needed....UGH. And then he pranced around in Coach's jacket and Rick's hat like he is truly one of them....while Coach blew smoke up his a$$. I guess that Cochran's new strategy is to be a huge "suck up" in hopes that Coach and Brandon will take him to the final three. Maybe it will work, but I certainly hope not. I want both Albert and Sophie to make it to the #1 and #2 spots. I would be happy with either of them winning the million.

It will be interesting to see who Coach wants to vote off once Dawn and Whitney are gone. Even though Edna has been considered "dispensable" all along, if she is voted off the Savaii tribe before the turncoat Cochran, how can Coach continue to spew the words "honorable and trustworthy" when looking into the eyes of his tribemates? The only possible out for him is to find or at least think one or more of his own tribe has turned on him, and that might be Albert - if the previews for next week are not misleading.

I just don't think that given the numbers - Savaii with 6 plus Cochran and Upolo down to 2 - Albert is going to try to take out Coach this next week. I hope that the previews are misleading, because if either Brandon or Cochran get wind of the betrayal, they will go straight to Coach with it. Albert needs to start winning the individual immunity challenges and wait until it gets down to the final 6 on the Savaii tribe before trying to make a move. And if Coach then wants to keep Cochran over Edna, it will be proof to the other tribe members that Coach needs to go.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 11-10-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    ... I want both Albert and Sophie to make it to the #1 and #2 spots. I would be happy with either of them winning the million...
    Unless Albert starts winning individual immunity, he's going to be a target. He too well-liked and physically strong for the others to want to keep him around to the end. Sadly.
    sparklete likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I agree, Longhornfan. Next week will really tell the tale. If Coach suddenly starts to suspect Albert, Albert and Sophie will need to make some kind of a move. They *know* Coach has loyal minions at his disposal (and a lot of them: Edna, Rick, Cochran, Brandon) and they know they are both IC threats, so it will be do or die for them. If they let Dawn and Whitney go, they need to pull one of the minions away. Frankly, I can only see Cochran taking the bait on that, as I haven't honestly seen Edna or Rick do anything strategic aside from Edna's decision to be Coach's doormat. It's going to get interesting though. I really don't want to see Albert and Sophie go, as I'd be happy with either one of them winning the game.

I really did cringe when Cochran paraded around in Coach's jacket and Rick's hat while they all laughed. It was kind of sad, especially the way the sleeves hung down so long. Kind of like a trained monkey, you know? Probably just my opinion but it just reeked of "please like me!!"
    luvsginger likes this.

I agree, Longhornfan. Next week will really tell the tale. If Coach suddenly starts to suspect Albert, Albert and Sophie will need to make some kind of a move. They *know* Coach has loyal minions at his disposal (and a lot of them: Edna, Rick, Cochran, Brandon) and they know they are both IC threats, so it will be do or die for them. If they let Dawn and Whitney go, they need to pull one of the minions away. Frankly, I can only see Cochran taking the bait on that, as I haven't honestly seen Edna or Rick do anything strategic aside from Edna's decision to be Coach's doormat. It's going to get interesting though. I really don't want to see Albert and Sophie go, as I'd be happy with either one of them winning the game.

I really did cringe when Cochran paraded around in Coach's jacket and Rick's hat while they all laughed. It was kind of sad, especially the way the sleeves hung down so long. Kind of like a trained monkey, you know? Probably just my opinion but it just reeked of "please like me!!"
    With no TV, Phone, internet, tweets, touts, youtube, AC, Showers, Frigs or Stoves any entertainment is appreciated and Cochran is fulfulling that roll. It kept Evan and Kenny around for lots of challenges over in Real World/Road Rules Challenge land over at M T V.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh my gosh, I almost spewed my coffee all over my keyboard!!!! LOL. But you are so right in your description of Cochran in that outfit....a trained monkey. And it was kind of sad to watch. Cochran really feels a need to rub it into the faces of the remaining Upolo tribe, too.

I don't know, but I think that Albert and Sophie would have a better chance of Rick alligning with them to take out Coach - if they both talked to him and presented it to him in the right way. I just don't trust Cochran at all, and I think that Coach has him completely "snowed", and Brandon seems to feel like he is Cochran's protector now. So, approaching either of them would be a mistake in my opinion.

They would need to blindside Coach, though, so that he would not feel the need to play his HII.

He really is fascinating isn't he? At times he repels me utterly, and I want to reach through the tv and slap him. Then at times he seems to make sense in some wacked out way and I'm suddenly worried that I'm being sucked into the Coach mindset. It's a roller coaster ride with this one.
    I know. Same here.I know he has always had a spiritual side, but it comes across all wrong at times. I saw some strange editing last night, lots of jumping around, it didnt flow. I guess I feel sorry for a kid like Cochran, he's bright, but the social game is out of his limits. He reminds me a lot of my kid brother( sigh).Ozzy , he really is at one with nature, I have ever seen anyone like him.I said that season one, and whatever he has done in between with his life, he is able to fit in again with survivor.

I dount Albert will go next week.I hope its Whitney or Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    With no TV, Phone, internet, tweets, touts, youtube, AC, Showers, Frigs or Stoves any entertainment is appreciated and Cochran is fulfulling that roll. It kept Evan and Kenny around for lots of challenges over in Real World/Road Rules Challenge land over at M T V.
    I've never watched Real World/Road Rules, so I can't speak to that, but something about Cochran's need to be included, to the point where he makes himself the comic relief all the time and doesn't seem to mind being seen as a bit of a fool (he looked like a 5 year old in Coach's jacket. It really highlighted the physical differences between the two) to get some attention. It actually makes me sad for him, in a way, because say what you will about making the big moves, Cochran is still just that extra vote that Coach's tribe needed at the time, and I think they are just keeping him around until they no longer need him. I don't see a lot of 'respect' in the dancing around in other's clothes moment, more like the court jester amusing them. And he seems to like playing the role, so I guess he's ok with it.

Then again, remember the 'banana phone' from season 1? They are probably pretty bored out there at times.

I have absolutely no sense of who Rick is and whether or not he will be willing to make a move. He's one of the most hidden players I've ever seen. When Jeff called on him to start the voting I was literally like "what? who's that again??" - does the man every give an interview?? Has he ever said anything strategic?

I've never watched Real World/Road Rules, so I can't speak to that, but something about Cochran's need to be included, to the point where he makes himself the comic relief all the time and doesn't seem to mind being seen as a bit of a fool (he looked like a 5 year old in Coach's jacket. It really highlighted the physical differences between the two) to get some attention. It actually makes me sad for him, in a way, because say what you will about making the big moves, Cochran is still just that extra vote that Coach's tribe needed at the time, and I think they are just keeping him around until they no longer need him. I don't see a lot of 'respect' in the dancing around in other's clothes moment, more like the court jester amusing them. And he seems to like playing the role, so I guess he's ok with it.

Then again, remember the 'banana phone' from season 1? They are probably pretty bored out there at times.

I have absolutely no sense of who Rick is and whether or not he will be willing to make a move. He's one of the most hidden players I've ever seen. When Jeff called on him to start the voting I was literally like "what? who's that again??" - does the man every give an interview?? Has he ever said anything strategic?
    I think the funniest part is that he is the one who has applied multiple times to be on and finally won a fan vote to make it on the show! So he apparently can be expressive, is interested in this game and knows how it is played. I agree with you, I keep forgetting he is there!

So my best guess on what happens from here is that the 3 at RI will duel, the winner will re-enter the game and RI will then end. What I don't know is whether the two losers will become the first two members of the jury or whether they will be out of the game and the jury will start with whoever is voted out next week. Just depends on whether they want a 9 member jury or a 7 member jury. Since there are 9 still in the game, when one re-enters next week, it will be a 9 member jury if the two losers go to the jury and a 7 member jury if they are out. I am leaning toward believing a 7 member jury - because I seem to recall that jury members attend all tribal councils to listen - and that wouldn't be true if the two losers start the jury next week. And if I am a betting person, my bet is on Ozzy re-entering the game.

Here's my scenario - Ozzy comes back and has Whitney. Sophie and Albert think about defecting. Dawn and Cochran are in the middle. We potentially have a 5-4 vote and everything gets crazy. Then it's not voting along party lines and there is no longer tribal unity. If that happens, I could see Brandon's head exploding and him not wanting to play anymore.

+ Reply to Thread