+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #31
    BOOMER SOONER YO MUDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Landscape Dept. at THE UNIVERSITY of OKLAHOMA Norman okieHOMER
    Age
    55
    Posts
    67

    Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Dumbest move ever for Ozzy. Didnt he learn from his first try at this game?

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,704

    Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Do they know how Christine feels? And even if they suspect, she's shown herself to be a worthy competitor, so she could also come into the merge and win Individual Immunity and have a lot of control. I wasn't understanding it at first, but I can see that if their tribe has to send someone to RI...and Christine is a strong competitor...it makes some sense to beat her so you can come back, thereby not losing a member for the merge.

    It's a HUGE risk!
    Unless they're blind and deaf, they must know. They've had observers at every RI challenge, and Christine has been completely vocal about how much she hates her former tribe mates. She's not only said so but also flipped them the bird when they offered words of encouragement to her during the challenge. Unless they think all that's an act, and I don't know how that would benefit Christine, there's no way they could have missed the fact that she'd definitely be willing to flip on them. Heck, in the very first show, even before she was sent to RI, she referred to Coach as being a temporary tribe member.

  3. #33
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    460

    Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I didn't get why Coach thought revealing that they found the Idol would boost moral so much and, for that matter, why it actually did ? Just the thought of some kind of a victory ? I just don't get it. I mean, if the Idol actually worked against the other tribe, yeah, but all it does is protect someone on 'their' tribe against a vote. It's not really gaining them anything, if that makes sense. I just thought that whole thing was strange.

    I, too, think Ozzy's plan is ultra foolish, but hey, if it actually works & he returns and goes far-or actually wins- he will become one of the top players ever. I guess he figures that even if it doesn't work, it beats getting blindsided like in Heroes v Villians ( or was it Fans v Favs ? My memory fails me.)

    I'm in the Sandler-movies-suck club. He wasn't funny on SNL & I've never seen a trailer yet that would convince me to spend time/money to see it. I can see the appeal to 12 & 13 year old boys (my nephew used to love his stuff when he was that age), but Coach ?? Wow.

    All in all, it was a pretty good episode, very interesting. I just wonder how long before all the good tidings evaporate on Coach's tribe ? It certainly won't be long.

  4. #34
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,802

    Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

    Oh shut up Coach.
    OMG, I want to reach through the tv and punch Coach. The old obnoxious Coach has returned, IMO, and I'm so sick of him. Ugh.

  5. #35
    FORT Fanatic LalahLand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    685

    Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I'm shocked at what Ozzy's tribe did tonight. It's not just Ozzy's butt on the line--if he loses and/or the merge doesn't happen next, then all of them will be picked off, one by one. I wonder if they thought about that?

  6. #36
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,400

    Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro View Post
    I'm in the Sandler-movies-suck club.
    Yo! Another member of the club here!

  7. #37
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,588

    Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    It is interesting to see two tribes so evenly matched and working together one to "find" the Hidden Immunity Idol and the other sending their physically strongest person to Redemption Island in the hope of going to merge evenly matched. What is even more amazing is that Ozzy may have found a way to use Redemption Island strategically. While Ozzy's move is flashier then Coach both men deserve kudos this episode for brilliant play.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  8. #38
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,588

    Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand View Post
    I'm shocked at what Ozzy's tribe did tonight. It's not just Ozzy's butt on the line--if he loses and/or the merge doesn't happen next, then all of them will be picked off, one by one. I wonder if they thought about that?
    Without the numbers advantage Savaii faced a certain pagonging so they took a risk. At least they went out fighting instead of sitting around being picked off one by one. Still I wonder if any of them thought about bringing Christine into the fold if Ozzy fails to win against her. If by chance Ozzy is defeated next week, I would not call him a fool like Jeff did tonight. He earned my respect by making a huge power move.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-26-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  9. #39
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Unless they're blind and deaf, they must know. They've had observers at every RI challenge, and Christine has been completely vocal about how much she hates her former tribe mates. She's not only said so but also flipped them the bird when they offered words of encouragement to her during the challenge. Unless they think all that's an act, and I don't know how that would benefit Christine, there's no way they could have missed the fact that she'd definitely be willing to flip on them. Heck, in the very first show, even before she was sent to RI, she referred to Coach as being a temporary tribe member.
    Yes, that addresses the question of do they know how Christine feels. That was secondary to my response to the question, however. I still think it's about Christine's ability to win.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  10. #40
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It is interesting to see two tribes so evenly matched and working together one to "find" the Hidden Immunity Idol and the other sending their physically strongest person to Redemption Island in the hope of going to merge evenly matched. What is even more amazing is that Ozzy may have found a way to use Redemption Island strategically. While Ozzy's move is flashier then Coach both men deserve kudos this episode for brilliant play.
    Love the matched tribes, we've not seen that in a while. At first I thought the volunteering to go to RI was the most stupid idea ever, but now I can see the logic in it...and Ozzy recognizes that if he loses, he at least gave it his best shot. He understands Pagong!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.