+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 10/5 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/5 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Jeff is doing something called touts this season instead of a blog. I hate it. Touts are like 2 minute video clips. I have major problems with the site. It hangs up and won't play the clips sometimes, plus I prefer the written word to video. I liked it when he wrote a nice lengthy blog I could absorb, chuckle over, and reread during the week. It's a chore to watch the stupid touts once. I sure wouldn't want to watch them a second time. I don't know how much longer I'll continue watching them. They're so short, I don't really get much from them.
    Shoepie likes this.

I'll tell you what, if I'm ever on Survivor and get voted out unanimously when I was a warrior at the challenge, just because I'm not part of the hastily-arranged core alliance, you better believe I don't want a 'group hug' as I'm leaving. For the love of Pete, that was ridiculous! Coach, get a grip. Why do you think she'd appreciate a nice hug?

And why does Brandon seem to find it so incredibly difficult to be a "good person?" I don't understand why it is such a daily struggle?

And did he seriously call Mikayla 'evil' during his group rant (from last week)? Yikes.

Mikayla, you have to learn to pick and choose your answers to Jeff. Brandon might absolutely be a wack-job but don't poke the bear, girlfriend.

Jeff, please provide Brandon some therapy off the show. Please. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Two hot young couples in the other tribe...hmmm....slimeball Jim was right to want to stop Ozzy from running the show the way Rob did last year, but I don't think he needs to worry about it too much. Dawn, when Ozzy says "no strategizing" believe me, he isn't. He is cute as a button but he is no Rob.

Finding someone to root for this time around is getting very difficult. I want Brandon gone. Now. The rest I don't care enough about to cheer for and while I like Ozzy I think he's too dumb to win this show.

Who the heck is Rick? who is Sophie? I know nothing about these two until we get to tribal council. In BB they are called floaters, I think they are the same here.I dont like Stacy never have. I dont care she was voted out.Christine is a sour wench

OMG! Dawn is Mormon and was afraid about her swimwear, did she not know she would be surrounded by water?

Why was Mikayla picking on Edna, are we actually seeing something come out of her mouth now? Edna's laugh gets son her nerves, oh dear

I thought the show was pretty boring tonight..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'll tell you what, if I'm ever on Survivor and get voted out unanimously when I was a warrior at the challenge, just because I'm not part of the hastily-arranged core alliance, you better believe I don't want a 'group hug' as I'm leaving. For the love of Pete, that was ridiculous! Coach, get a grip. Why do you think she'd appreciate a nice hug?
    Hysterical! I was thinking this same thing moments ago.

Although the other way to look at it is that this was a classic example of how the game of Survivor - just like the game of life - is all about people gettin' along. Stacey proved herself physically in a big way, but she was so grumpy and anti-social and bitter, she had to go. Can't say that I blame 'em. Same with the woman who is still over on Survivor Island. Bitter and grumpy and just no fun to be with.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Hysterical! I was thinking this same thing moments ago.

Although the other way to look at it is that this was a classic example of how the game of Survivor - just like the game of life - is all about people gettin' along. Stacey proved herself physically in a big way, but she was so grumpy and anti-social and bitter, she had to go. Can't say that I blame 'em. Same with the woman who is still over on Survivor Island. Bitter and grumpy and just no fun to be with.
    It is a good illustration of how we all want to be liked. They wanted a hug to make themselves feel better, had nothing to do with soothing Stacy. I agree that she put a target on her back with her attitude and anti social, tough girl personality.

Brandon spilling to Edna was not a good move for his alliance and definately not loyal. I wonder why Edna didn't bring this up to Coach. That would have been the first thing I would have done! It would have put her in a more secure position and expose Brandon for the loose cannon that he is. Unappealing young man. His tears about family bonds at TC only served to place a target on his back. Will Coach see the danger of keeping him, though? I doubt it; his mind is clouded with loyality.

I like Jim. A little smarmy but thinking about the future and he is right. Ozzy seems to be fostering a couple alliance. Or he is just horny, hard to tell.

Dawn. I am pretty sure Marie Osmond wears a bathing suit. I agree Fanny Mare, how odd she did not think about getting clean in the water let alone cooling off and enjoying it!

Edna. She has that sterotypical laugh we see with Asians in movies and on TV! Sex and the City episode where Miranda thought the Chinese take out person was laughing at her everytime she placed an order only to find she giggled at everything is a perfect example.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-06-2011 at 06:04 AM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    It's in moments like that that the old coach comes to light. I think he was disturbed hearing how angry Christine was at him, and was trying to mend a little with Stacey. Yeah, hello, Stacey doesn't come off as a forgiver. He's been hanging with Brandon too long.

And why does Brandon seem to find it so incredibly difficult to be a "good person?" I don't understand why it is such a daily struggle?And did he seriously call Mikayla 'evil' during his group rant (from last week)? Yikes.
    He has really screwed up, immature ideas of his religion. He thinks he has to be perfect to be a Christian and he'll never live up to those ideals, no one can. It's why he's on this emotional roller coaster of his... it's also why he's holding up everyone else to ridiculously high standards as well... Mikayla evil? Uh, no. Assuming automatically that Stacey wasn't lying? Ridiculous.

Mikayla, you have to learn to pick and choose your answers to Jeff. Brandon might absolutely be a wack-job but don't poke the bear, girlfriend.

Jeff, please provide Brandon some therapy off the show. Please. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
    Yes, and YES!

Two hot young couples in the other tribe...hmmm....slimeball Jim was right to want to stop Ozzy from running the show the way Rob did last year, but I don't think he needs to worry about it too much. Dawn, when Ozzy says "no strategizing" believe me, he isn't. He is cute as a button but he is no Rob.

Finding someone to root for this time around is getting very difficult. I want Brandon gone. Now. The rest I don't care enough about to cheer for and while I like Ozzy I think he's too dumb to win this show.
    Hmm. I'm actually finding myself rooting for Coach somewhat. He's removing people who would be a detriment to his game (Stacey, Christine) and he's holding onto to people who annoy others (Edna, Brandon). It's great because people like Edna and Brandon will always be the target before he will AND if he can push them into the final two or three with him, he's going home laughing with a cool million in his pocket. This is, by far, the best game Coach has played yet. I hardly recognize him! That's good.

I actually think Coach is playing a much better game this go round. I've never been a fan but I find myself liking him now. When he told Brandon to just stop it, I was cheering. He needs to teach Brandon how to meditate. That kid needs some down time. Seriously.
    shyra, Shoepie and sparklete like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

After watching the entire episode I have to agree with other posters and say that Edna is clueless. While she is aware of her position and trying to play the social game she is over doing it. I don't think she knows how to simply hang out and chill with a group of people.

Brandon, I am getting tired of. You can only do crap and apologize so much. Real change involves stopping yourself before the bad behavior and choosing not to do it.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I actually think Coach is playing a much better game this go round. I've never been a fan but I find myself liking him now. When he told Brandon to just stop it, I was cheering. He needs to teach Brandon how to meditate. That kid needs some down time. Seriously.
    I agree. I loved that scene and like Coach this season, too. That said, I hope he is not blind to Brandon and what his ego and skewed thinking can do to ruin his plans. Coach has to cut him loose and soon. Don't think he will though.

The Coach/Brandon scene was definitely my favorite last night (including Coach's concern that someone might be sneaking up on him).

Jeff, shame on you for not doing a blog! It is significantly detracting from my enjoyment of this season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast