+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: 9/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post

Speaking of idiots, I see Ozzy still hasn't learned anything. He finds the idol (why do they make the idols so easy to find for the ones who come back?!), and he's been voted out before with an idol in his pocket (one of the best blindsides ever), but what does he do? Not keep it for himself, no, he just has to show it off to a guy he has a brotherly relationship with despite knowing each other less than 10 days. Said guy now tells one of the girls and now they have some ammunition should they ever want him out. Seriously, the more I see how these people handle idols, the more I heart Sandra for keeping hers in Heroes vs Villains and telling nobody about it.

And sidenote? Jim continues to make me physically ill. The guy just disgusts me. "Papa Bear should've been the first oen to go". Too late for that, ya moron. On the other side of that, Semhar was kind of cuckoo, but I was okay with her, kinda bummed to see her go.
    I read somewhere that the producers WANT them to find the hidden idols because it makes for a more interesting game than just having people running around looking for them, which would be boring. Once they are found, people can't seem to keep it to themselves that they have it and that of course makes for dissention among the ranks and a better (read: drama) filled show.

FORT Regular

I really dislike "little hantz". I think Russel is probably 10x more of a man than his nephew. This whole nonsense with Mikayla is a joke...he acts like she is a danger to him and his family because she is so pretty....well for her to be any danger to him and his life she would have to reciprocate right? Fat chance of that happening...and I do mean FAT ...little hantz. LOL. No ways he would even give him the time of day in that way even if he wins the million, which he won't. He is just a guy who is completely lost in who he is. Wants to be a "christian" but can't stop lying...wants to be a good husband but he can't be near a pretty girl? At least Russel owns up to who he is and seems to be comfortable in his own skin. Brandon is a hot mess....

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    And, I agree that the alliance of 5 - of which Brandon is a member - did not speak up for fear that Brandon would "out" their alliance. They saw what a loose cannon he is.
    I dont see how the 5 alliance would be worried about being outed to the rest of their tribe, to the 3 Upolo women that are not in it, the 5 are pretty obvious.

Onto Papa Bear, I think his wild stare, his crazy run into the woods and then shoving a fake immunity idol down his pants was pure survivor gold and deserves its place in funniest survivor moments. I think people are forgetting that while Papa bear isnt thick, Cochran does have the intelligence card over him, so Cochran is a better bet to keep around, not to mention hes youngish. The whole Savaii tribe are a bit ageist tbh as Elyse was pants at the grapple hooks but no-one cared to mention that because shes young and pretty.

I'm a bit sick of Brandon and Im worried he couldnt be the cause of Coach's demise (loyalty always gets him) I just hope his tribe wise up to that he cannot keep secrets and is going to be crap at blindsiding anyone.

Keith makes me laugh with his dumb blondeness, before even thinking his options as Ozzy tells him he has the idol he runs to courtney to tell her, and then gets angry he doesnt have...real smart.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Fogey

I haven't really been engaged in the Survivor franchise for awhile. It was actually Russell who drew me back in, so I owe him that much, anyway.

Anyway, I am enjoying this season thus far. It's a real cast - i.e. not populated with models and actor-wannabe's etc. which goes a long way for me.

I like the return of Ozzie and Coach. I didn't see much of either of their seasons, but I believe neither went as far as Russell or Rob. It's kind of fun to bring back players who may be interesting as people but not necessarily the best players. So far, I am enjoying both of them.

Regarding Brandon....he is, IMO, a misogynist which would normally rub me the wrong way - and in a big way. However, and this may be cruel of me to say, but .... I don't think he's very bright - or maybe he was socialized into thinking the way he does. Either way, if one were to call him a misogynist straight to his face, he wouldn't understand. And, if a person took the time to explain to him how it is he is a misogynist, he still wouldn't understand. This doesn't give him a pass, of course, but I have yet to dislike him. He just doesn't know any better. With time and life experiences broader than those he was obviously raised with, he will one day.

Sidenote: putting Brandon on the show was marketing genius.

----

Having said al this, it would be nice to have a "pure" back to the roots Survivor one day.

He was definately socialized

Yes good casting, look at this thread.Its what they want, us to think badly of Brandon, someone who we all dont know.Crazy time.LOL
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 09-29-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Alexxxx likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought Mikayla's crying over Hantz's opinions/actions was STUPID! I thought she was stronger than that. Who cries because they find out somebody doesn't like them? Some sissy, I guess. If that's the best she can do, she's not long for this game.
    SugarMama and Fanny Mare like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Yes, editing can present a skewed picture, but once again, I do not care what Mikayla has been up to, if anything. I am basing my opinion on Brandon purely on what has emanated unedited from his own mouth. He and he alone is responsible for his reaction to any woman, and by his own words he his showing the viewing public that he is a creepy, misogynistic dirtbag. And if he's putting on an act, then he is a complete and utter moron.
    Oh VERY well said, Rattus. I couldn't agree more!!
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Am I the only one who got a big sense of satisfaction when Christina won the RI challenge and made Coach go sour-faced?
    Nope, I had a big giggle there too. Not that I like her that much, and I definitely think she set up her own demise with her "temporary player" comment, but it was great to see Coach get his hopes dashed. Ha!

Seriously, if Mark was the one leaving, why not just tell him to his face?
    I was wondering the same thing. Why not just be up front rather than shady about it? Something tells me he would have appreciated that more than feeling like they think he is stupid enough to believe him. Now he has another reason to come back from RI: to one-up the people who (poorly) blindsided him.

About Semhar...her little speech about how being voted off made her relive memories and how could people be so cruel...ARGH!! I was so glad when Jeff said "and yet you agreed to come on this show" - seriously, this is a game where people get voted off. It's ridiculous to take it so seriously, particularly when you have only known these people for about a week, if that. His face during her spoken word was hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I thought Mikayla's crying over Hantz's opinions/actions was STUPID! I thought she was stronger than that. Who cries because they find out somebody doesn't like them? Some sissy, I guess. If that's the best she can do, she's not long for this game.
    Honestly I think she was crying from frustration more than anything. I mean, she seems to be getting along well with everyone, she's praised in the challenges and obviously helps out around camp, and all of a sudden she is on the chopping block but she can't get a straight answer as to "why" except for nutbar Brandon saying he doesn't like her and nobody does......I think I'd be "what the h#!!JKL!!" as well! At least she had a private moment and didn't appear to drag anyone else into it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And, everything that you have said is why I think it was stoopid for her to be crying. The only chopping block she was on was whackjob Russell's, and she should have recognized that no one else was jumping on his bandwagon.

Geez.....get a spine, and plot your revenge, Mikayla!!
    pikachu and sweetpea like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread