+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: 9/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Yes, editing can present a skewed picture, but once again, I do not care what Mikayla has been up to, if anything. I am basing my opinion on Brandon purely on what has emanated unedited from his own mouth. He and he alone is responsible for his reaction to any woman, and by his own words he his showing the viewing public that he is a creepy, misogynistic dirtbag. And if he's putting on an act, then he is a complete and utter moron.
    sweetpea and jucamer like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I agree. I do understand about editing, but I would think if Mikayla was doing anything, the producers would want to show it. And wouldn't she be flirting with others aside from just Brandon? Why completely edit out her flirting with everyone? And why completely cut out anyone else saying anything about it? I also agree with the comment above that if there was something, wouldn't the other girls be alienating her? Anything is possible, but I am really thinking there isn't anything being edited out on her side on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    Brandon is unreliable as a player. He'll be the next to go unless Coach work some magic...(
    True. If he hates lying and feels the need to confess it, then why in the Sam Hill did he come on Survivor in the first place! Honesty doesn't work in Survivor or Big Brother
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I agree. I do understand about editing, but I would think if Mikayla was doing anything, the producers would want to show it. ... Why completely edit out her flirting with everyone?
    I don't think she is flirting, but given how nutso Brandon is and that he's been strongly edited to show that side of him, perhaps the producers thought it would be more fun to give an overall edit that is entirely one-sided. ;^)

Meanwhile, I hope that Mikayla is getting some relief/satisfaction from watching the program. There's a strong element of luck on Survivor. You are always at the mercy of ridiculous stuff that someone else does. Doesn't matter if your own strategy was brilliant or appropriate, someone else can always take you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    They did show a scene with Coach talking to Mikayla, and it was during the day. It appeared that he was talking to her the morning after TC - to reassure her that despite what Brandon had said that she is a valuable member of the tribe. Coach does have a very compassionate side to him, and I think that he might have found Mikayla after that outburst by Brandon and comforted her again. I also believe that Stacy, Sophie and Edna might have approached her later, but it just wasn't shown on tv. And, I agree that the alliance of 5 - of which Brandon is a member - did not speak up for fear that Brandon would "out" their alliance. They saw what a loose cannon he is.

Now a couple of questions regarding Semhar. There was fire at RI's camp. That made me wonder if she was actually the one who started that fire...?? And, can a person actually make a living through the "spoken word"? For real?

I know that Ozzy's tribe thought that Papa Bear should go before Cochran, but what exactly did Cochran do during that challenge? He wasn't one of them having to reel in the rope like Papa Bear, was he? So, I think that that decision must have had more to do with how much Papa Bear was contributing around camp and other things, because I don't think that Cochran is any stronger in the physical challenges than he was.
    Yes, Cochran was one of the ones reeling in the rope as well. He was on the other side that Papa Bear was not on. Cochran was able to hang on to the handle and keep up with the reeling where Papa Bear let go at least once and couldn't keep up. So Ozzy was telling the truth when he said that Cochran and Dawn (?) did better in the challenge than Papa Bear.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    They should definitely grow an assortment of pairs and get rid of the little psychopath. There are few things that anger me more than a man blaming his own poor behaviour and instincts on a woman. Except maybe women blaming a woman for a man's poor behaviour and instincts. Women really should know better.
    I agree with this. It's funny how Brandon says Mikayla has everyone wrapped around her little finger, but it appears to me that HE is the only one obsessed with her. She's young and pretty, and he can't keep his eyes off of her, and that makes him uncomfortable. What an idiot. He definitely has some demons running around in his head, and tries to talk about all the religious stuff to make himself feel better.

If we're talking pure gameplay-the tribe needs both Brandon & Mikayla. They're both great challenge participants & vital to the tribe's success. Regardless of what Brandon has said, they're obviously functioning very well as a tribe. Nothing that Brandon does or says has affected their ability to function together.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Now a couple of questions regarding Semhar. There was fire at RI's camp. That made me wonder if she was actually the one who started that fire...?? And, can a person actually make a living through the "spoken word"? For real?
    I think that they get food, water, & fire at RI. I've never seen or heard them mention having to fish or forage for anything.

I don't think you make a living from performing spoken word. I doubt if most of the gigs even pay... maybe tips... doubt it though.

She probably comes from money but if not, she is enough of a "free love" type to earn room & board out of those gigs.

Everyone at Coach's tribe needs to grow a pair and get rid of Lil Hantz. He's clearly unreliable and a loose cannon. Coach and Edna are in good terms, Mikayla is strong, Sophie is clearly smart, and Stacey has pretty much no alliance to turn to. Seriously, why not just boot him out of the alliance of five and pull in any of the ladies? These people are not being smart, but then again, Coach is pretty much leading that tribe, and we know what an idiot he is. am I the only one who got a big sense of satisfaction when Christina won the RI challenge and made Coach go sour-faced?

And things are not much better in Ozzy's tribe. Seriously, if Mark was the one leaving, why not just tell him to his face? If he somehow manages to become the one to come back into the game, he'd up and join the other tribe in a heartbeat, you never know what can happen in this game. I was also bothered by how they blamed him entirely for their loss. Let's count the things that set them behind during the challenge. One, Whitney could not retrieve the fifth bag. Two, Ozzy being unable to pull the bodyboard because the others did not give the rope any slack, exceopt that Mark was currently at those things you grab to reel them in, not down at the rope to be able to give any slack. Three, Ozzy loses the bodyboard and has to swim after it, which is his own fault for not holding on tight. So, yeah, I don't see how Mark lost them the challenge when he couldn't keep up one single time. But again, so far we're seeing the Idiot Tribe Syndrome that populated last season carrying over into this one.

Speaking of idiots, I see Ozzy still hasn't learned anything. He finds the idol (why do they make the idols so easy to find for the ones who come back?!), and he's been voted out before with an idol in his pocket (one of the best blindsides ever), but what does he do? Not keep it for himself, no, he just has to show it off to a guy he has a brotherly relationship with despite knowing each other less than 10 days. Said guy now tells one of the girls and now they have some ammunition should they ever want him out. Seriously, the more I see how these people handle idols, the more I heart Sandra for keeping hers in Heroes vs Villains and telling nobody about it.

And sidenote? Jim continues to make me physically ill. The guy just disgusts me. "Papa Bear should've been the first oen to go". Too late for that, ya moron. On the other side of that, Semhar was kind of cuckoo, but I was okay with her, kinda bummed to see her go.

I have never been able to grasp the reason why, they have to *share* the fact they found the idol.I dont think I would. Its almost like it is planned. I would not be there to make lifelong friends , I would be there to win the money.

+ Reply to Thread