+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 9/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That could be very true.I think Russell blamed parvati(sp) , so thats one thing.His wife, who he has mentioned, maybe the jealous type, or the type to worry. I remember when I was young, I was jealous. Who knows. It makes for an interesting cast ( unlike boring BB)
    Boy, sorry, but if I was his wife I'd be really worried listening to him go on and on about how attracted he is to her.... If she's watching the same show we are she's not going to buy that "Delilah" is making a play for her man.
    And sweetpea, you know now that everyone is googling like crazy to find that post, right?
    I will really be mad at Survivor if this creepy stalker kid takes Mikayla out...they shouldn't have cast him if he has that many uncontrolled demons...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I have to (sort of) feel sorry for Brandon, because, like some others think, I feel the whole nonsense with Mikayla is heavily edited to make it look more creepy than it is. I really can't fathom why he'd be threatened by her and feel she's coming on to him when it's perfectly obvious she's not (from the editing anyway). But considering the guy seems incredibly paranoida and naive, I do question how much is editing and how much isn't. That'll probably get a lot of play backs during the reunion. At least Brandon has a few months to think up an explanation. He's kind of an odd duck.

Not sorry to see Christina go. She dug her own grave. I was fairly impressed with how well Coach played this week. I didn't really think he had it in him, but it seems like he's gotten himself a solid alliance, and had the ability to control the vote and call someone out without making it reflect badly on him. I though Ozzy might be the one to outlast him, but now I think Coach could very well be the last veteran standing. Of course it's still early Liked this week's episode better than last week. I think this season has the potential to be interesting.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Well said karalott

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Karalott, maybe I'm biased because I spent 3 years working on sexual harassment cases (many of which bordered on behavior for which one could call the cops), but I have NO trouble believing that he is able to transfer the "blame" for his feelings to Mikayla even if she has done nothing more than is shown. There are, sadly, a lot of men out there that think like that....psych surveys like the Attitudes towards Women scale include questions that touch on this very issue, and a lot of men line up where Brandon seems to be.
    The story sweetpea mentioned makes it even more likely that we are seeing the real Brandon.... But, of course, we have to take the show with a grain of salt...or spoon.

On the positive side, either Coach is getting a good edit this year or he's really improved as a player!
    sclilred1 likes this.

I know many girls who are the way Mikayla appears to be. Athletic and self confident. There is a difference between these girls and the ones who are out flaunting for the sake of flaunting. I think anyone has the right to dress as they like, no matter what their body type but when I watch her on the show I don't see anything other than a girl who is in good physical shape and who is comfortable with her body. My husband did say that Brandon could have been looking at anything when they capture his brooding off in the distance stares and it could be spliced to look as if he is staring at her. It is definitely a weird edit.
    mom2 and sclilred1 like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    My husband did say that Brandon could have been looking at anything when they capture his brooding off in the distance stares and it could be spliced to look as if he is staring at her. It is definitely a weird edit.
    I agree the editors could be playing loose and fast with the footage of Brandon's shifty stares, but he sinks himself with his PIs. They can splice stuff together but he chooses the words coming out of his mouth. I'm irritated the show allowed him to participate, all for the sake of ratings and drama.
    Rattus and sclilred1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I know many girls who are the way Mikayla appears to be. Athletic and self confident. There is a difference between these girls and the ones who are out flaunting for the sake of flaunting. I think anyone has the right to dress as they like, no matter what their body type but when I watch her on the show I don't see anything other than a girl who is in good physical shape and who is comfortable with her body. My husband did say that Brandon could have been looking at anything when they capture his brooding off in the distance stares and it could be spliced to look as if he is staring at her. It is definitely a weird edit.
    Had I not known that Mikayla is a lingerie football player, I might agree with that assessment. But the fact is, lingerie football is maybe a notch or two above oil wrestling. It's something that plays in the bar for the boys to ogle while tipping back a few pops. To me, a female athlete is Hayley Wickenheiser or Mia Hamm, not a glorified Bud girl. Having said that, I haven't found any fault with Mikayla. Listen, if I had her looks I wouldn't have a problem running around the island in my underwear.

She certainly isn't in Parvati's league when it comes to, um, using her feminine wiles. The fact is, she has a great body and I'm sure ALL the guys are getting an eyefull - Brandon's just dumb enough to be vocal about it in confessional. And while he might be tempted, I doubt Mikayla is. Considering her occupation, she has no problems with men staring and she must have heard her share of icky remarks. Like the majority of the young women on Survivor, she was clearly chosen for her physical attributes and not because she's terribly interesting. I'm not knocking it - there are plenty of young men (hellloooo, Keith) who are chosen for the same reason.

The whole stalker-Brandon thing just seems like a big joke to me. If he was panting after her and going on about how hot she was, like one of her barroom fans might, we'd be smirking because she's so clearly out of his league. Instead, he's in full anxiety mode because he's physically attracted to her and it's creepy, but silly enough to be funny. I don't for one second think that Mikayla has any serious reason to fear Lil Hantz.
    dagwood, MamaAmyG and SugarMama like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I certainly would think she'd be physically safe with all the cameras and camera people around, plus their teammates, or I surely hope so! But it doesn't look like she's safe in the game, and it really irks me that his nutty hang ups may cost her her shot for no other reason. She's doing all the right things to go far and his flakiness may derail her. It's as if he wanted to vote her off for being black or being gay.
    sweetpea, sclilred1 and JavaJo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dlr929 View Post
    My husband and I knew Brandon couldn't last more than one show without spilling to Coach who he was. He is some sickpuppy. Even dangerous.
    The mixture of religious zealot, reformed bad boy and "living in a fantasy of seduction that doesn't exist" is beyond
    comprehension. Yes, the show is edited to bits, but he is who he is and it isn't pretty. If I were his wife, I'd be afraid to
    live with him.
    I agree that he's a weirdo but I do think they are editing the heck out of this aspect. It was probably suggested to L'il Hantz to exaggerate this aspect and it's purely for drama. The problem is she's not exactly a "Delilah type, attractive but not that much, nice body but athletic more than hotsy-totsy. And it's a little bit of a stretch that he'd be this screwed up but entirely possible. I just think it's "schtick" to generate viewer interest.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Coach has finally learned the game! That was a TC that Boston Rob would have been proud of. He outed Brandon as a (lousy) manipulator and got his way with the votes, and apparently has Albert, who is looking good as a strong & reasonably smart player, in his corner.
    Wow! Albert is one smart cookie. He really picked up on a lot that was going on. I don't even remember him even being there but he is very perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    .I think Russell blamed parvati(sp) , so thats one thing.His wife, who he has mentioned, maybe the jealous type, or the type to worry. I remember when I was young, I was jealous.
    I agree. Russell probably blamed Parvarti but not too much or his (Russell's) wife wouldn't like it but Russell was not immune to her and she was very very good at what she did. L'il Hantz's wife ....if the story online is true......is not the jealous type....much more like a very very young doormat and def doesn't wear the pants in the family. The story of L'il Hantz could all be lies but I"m believing it more than what TPTB are trying to manipulate us into thinking. Actually, it's a pretty clever way of getting viewers to watch because everyone has an opinion on this subject.
    Kiz and Fanny Mare like this.

Yes, I guess that's one aspect I dont like ( same with all these shows) with all the footage they are able to manipulate us. Oh well, as I said before.I dont mind hm.They are all just characters in a show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast