+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I find Lil Hantz hilarious. Actually, I find the editing of Lil Hantz hilarious. It's unfortunate for him that this is Coach's third time out, because Coach might have actually bought his I'm-a-married-Godfearing-Christian-man schtick if it was his first season. Coach has finally learned the game! That was a TC that Boston Rob would have been proud of. He outed Brandon as a (lousy) manipulator and got his way with the votes, and apparently has Albert, who is looking good as a strong & reasonably smart player, in his corner. You keep that smirk on your face, Coach - you earned it, baby.
    FireWoman and JavaJo like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hmm I guess I dont see Brandon as creepy.I dont know how many times I have heard various girls say they will use what they have to win.So he has point, the rest is very creative editing imho. Coach looked way too cocky, once again, I am not sure I like anyone to win this( okay perhaps Ozzy as I have a crush) LOL
    Even IF she had said that and we weren't shown it, his response to her is still his problem, not hers. If anything seeing her that way would help a normal man just dismiss her. Her "wiles" wouldn't work on him if he didn't want them to. He could just con her into thinking they were working.
    You know what just occurred to me? That his uncle came home and blamed his loss on Parvati's wiles....while I never saw Russell taking this line on the show I'm betting that the irresistible "Delilah" is the story line he took when he got home. And that would just play into this homone filled teen's religious demons.
    Brandon mentions he has a child, but no mention so far of a wife...I'm wondering if some "Delilah" didn't steal his sperm when he was 17 or so...because of course it is her fault, a man can't say no.
    Anyway, so far we get a very cosistent edit of Mikayla as a tomboy...yes, she plays "lingerie" football, but she plays football! It reminds me of that film about WWII women's baseball, where they put the women in short skirts to attract an audience, but most of the players were just tomboys who loved ball, not lingerie models. A week or two in, the glamorous hairstyle is gone, and she's making no great effort to keep herself attractive, as many women have done in the past. I really don't see her as a femme fatale.
    sclilred1 likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    There was question in Coach's mind ahead of TC about what was going on. I thought he intentionally risked bringing it up the way he did because he wanted to see how it would play out, whether he could really trust Brandon.
    I would never have thought that Coach did that intentionally--put it down to Coach being Coach, but you all may be on to something! In which case I'm beginning to root for Coach.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    You know what just occurred to me? That his uncle came home and blamed his loss on Parvati's wiles....while I never saw Russell taking this line on the show I'm betting that the irresistible "Delilah" is the story line he took when he got home. And that would just play into this homone filled teen's religious demons.
    You never know. I did hear Brandon mention that he had a wife a few times last night in his confessionals. Maybe she is a SUPER jealous one and gave him strict instructions to stay away from the young pretty girls or else when he got home. With Milayla being such a tomboy and hanging around with the guys and working with them it puts Brandon in a situation that he has to reconfirm over and over and over to the camera's(i.e. to his wife) that he doesn't like her. I don't know.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    You never know. I did hear Brandon mention that he had a wife a few times last night in his confessionals. Maybe she is a SUPER jealous one and gave him strict instructions to stay away from the young pretty girls or else when he got home. With Milayla being such a tomboy and hanging around with the guys and working with them it puts Brandon in a situation that he has to reconfirm over and over and over to the camera's(i.e. to his wife) that he doesn't like her. I don't know.
    That could be very true.I think Russell blamed parvati(sp) , so thats one thing.His wife, who he has mentioned, maybe the jealous type, or the type to worry. I remember when I was young, I was jealous. Who knows. It makes for an interesting cast ( unlike boring BB)

Can Brandon just "satisfy" himself privately somewhere in the woods so he can take his mind off of Mikayla? I'm sure his god will forgive him for that since he will be doing a lesser evil than the adultery that he is committing in his head.
    sclilred1 and JohnnyK like this.

Seeing Brandon's face while he talks about going after Mikala is creepy, I can see bits of Russell in him. He is a stupid player. Christine was just plain nasty and very opinionated. I don't mind opinionated women but I have a feeling with her if your don't agreed with her Point of view you are dirt in her eyes. EEK!. Stacey I will reserve any opinions on as I really haven't seen any of her personality. Mikala, clueless but sweet.

Actually a good episode. Ozzy finally found an idol. Christine found a clue. The other tribe won a challenge and Coach ruled Tribal Council.
    sclilred1 and sparklete like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This season is proving most excellent to watch, especially the Upolo tribe!

Coach - I think Coach is shaping up to be a much better player this season. Hes balancing the loyalty and cut throatness just about right. He seems to like Edna a lot and is cleverly keeping her as a lone player he is protecting but shes also providing information for the girls hes not allianced with. I think coach feels a little sorry for Brandon and if the 5/6 alliance holds out on Upolo Brandon has a target on his back as the first out of it. Also, did anyone notice his crotch was morphed out when he was walkin around in his boxers? Classic!

Brandon - I dont detest him so much as I pity him. He obviously is wrestling with demons as Coach described but I think if Mikayla does go he will probably start the same crap with the ladies on the other tribe. I think he wants Coachs approval on lots of things but is socially as inept as his uncle.

Christine - Is a true example of how aggressive play gets you booted off early. She was too stupid to realise that even though there was confusion at the vote that she was a target.

Mikayla - I dont particularly buy the tomboy act, yes she is the best physical female on the tribe but she really hasn't got much competition, any girl thats been trained in a basic way can shoot hoops (coconuts) and fish. As she is the only young female on the tribe she does have the most 'sexual' power over the guys but seems to spend most of her time with stacy/christine rather than flirting with the boys.

Sophie - As she seems to hang around with all the men with no flirtation Id put her at more of a tomboy sort of role. She is obviously intelligent and seems to be taking it all in at the moment. A member of her tribe must have noticed this as they voted for her at TC. When she compared herself to Mikayla in both being strong women I think she slightly missed the point but hey.

Edna- Isnt playing a good social game but is playing tactics by aligning with Coach. It will be interesting to see if their friendship outlasts his alliance or if pressure will mean shes voted out by the people protecting her.

Rik - I expect some snake in the grass move at some point.

Stacy- Who?

Albert - Again...who?

Savaii Tribe - *Snore*
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I thought too. There is a definite misogynistic vibe coming from both Hanz men. Russell constantly insulted and derided his "dumb b*tches" and Brandon seems to believe any attractive woman that isn't his wife, who apparently tempts him, is inherently evil and must be gotten rid of.

You know what makes me the most mad, after having had a day to reflect? This show seems to be salivating at the idea of showcasing all that is Hantz men, but what they are showing is men who degrade and vilify women. It's despicable. I hope the editors are setting us up for a major fall and I hope some strong women are at the root of that fall.

Oh, and Russell? Just wanted to remind you that you lost to PARVATI and the "dumb blonde" you so constantly put down. Seems you are outplayed by women, my friend.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and sclilred1 like this.

I think there are many demons in L'il Hantz's past. I read elsewhere what seems to be a post written by his wife, describing their relationship when they met (very, very young). I won't repeat it here, and I won't say where I saw it, because it is at best a rumour. If it turns out to be true, however, then this young man does indeed have demons to wrestle with and frankly, he's not a nice guy at all. He may indeed be trying to better himself and if so I applaud him for the effort, however from what I've seen so far, he definitely has issues he needs to work on. I don't think national tv is the best place to do that.
    sclilred1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast