+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

But Mikayla is not Parvati, who definitely used her feminine charms to try to further herself in the game. Mikayla calls herself a tomboy and says she's more comfortable fishing and doing guy stuff. Vastly different. She's shown none of the traits the little creep accuses her of, and frankly his creepy obsession with her possibly tempting him away from his faith and morality and marriage vows says far more about his character than hers. This is a man who appears to be obsessed with her body and her sexuality and blames HER because it tempts him, when the girl hasn't given him the time of day. This is more than just weird it flat out wrong.

You know if he said he wanted to get rid of her because she could be a GAME threat to go far if she went the Parvati route, I'd have some respect for that thought. But his THs aren't about competition, they are about her being a whore, basically, because she is hot and l'il Hantz can't keep his mind off dirty thoughts. It's not right, IMO.
    waywyrd, KELBEL, sclilred1 and 2 others like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Brandon's a d-bag and so far he isn't redeeming the Hantz family in my eyes. I hate them both.

I agree with everything you said, sweetpea. If she does go at some point it should not be because of this.
    sclilred1 likes this.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Perhaps they have edited out Mikayla flirting with the guys... it is possible.

But even if she is flirting excessively, it's still Brandon's problem, not hers. That is key. I highly doubt she is flirting on a Parvati level anyhow... she just doesn't have the giggle smile that Parv used as a weapon.

That was a pretty astute comment by Coach about Brandon fighting demons... I think he's right on. (I can't believe I just said that). The old coach is surfacing though. He has far too much leadership in this tribe and it's going to spell trouble in the future.

I loved the comment by the one guy who said that Coach was showing HIS loyalty by not revealling who the person was who said that Christine and Stacy wanted to vote Mikayla. This is a smarter cast than we've had in a long time.

Sophie for the win, please.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 09-22-2011 at 07:26 AM.

I love Mikayla. She's working hard around camp, at the comps and she seems pretty easy going. I'd boot Brandon before I booted her. He's a little bit creepy.

Coach at TC made me laugh. Such an instigator and he does it with a serene smile on his face. I've never been a big Coach fan but I find myself liking him this season.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by YO MUDA View Post
    Brandon reminds me of a stocker. He may say one thing, but the way he stares at Mikayla is creepy.
    I agree. He is very creepy. Who cares if she flirts with the other guys. What does that have to do with his relationship? The way he talks it is more about his temptations than the possibility that she might fool all the guys like Parvati. He has some mental issues. Hope he is voted out soon.

Two comments:

1. Coach did say Stacey and Christine said they were voting for Mikayla, but it was because Hantz had told him they said that. Besides, the plan was to split the vote and get out either Stacey or Christine anyway, so all that was added was a little drama.

2. Survivor edits many days worth of filming down into a one-hour show...and we all know how editing goes While it may appear that Hantz is obsessing over Mikayla's flirting and such...I'm going to reserve judgement on that until I see more. She could be doing things we're just not seeing. Or he could be completely delusional. Just too soon to tell in my book.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Two comments:

1. Coach did say Stacey and Christine said they were voting for Mikayla, but it was because Hantz had told him they said that. Besides, the plan was to split the vote and get out either Stacey or Christine anyway, so all that was added was a little drama.

2. Survivor edits many days worth of filming down into a one-hour show...and we all know how editing goes While it may appear that Hantz is obsessing over Mikayla's flirting and such...I'm going to reserve judgement on that until I see more. She could be doing things we're just not seeing. Or he could be completely delusional. Just too soon to tell in my book.

Thats how I feel days and days into one hour, and they give each person their very own persona "survivor style." I dont care Christine went home but they made her seem one way, she could be totally different IRL

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    If Coach isn't completely done with Brandon for his flat out lie to Coach, which then put Coach in a ridiculous position at TC saying the two ladies were targeting Mikayla, then he's learned nothing.
    There was question in Coach's mind ahead of TC about what was going on. I thought he intentionally risked bringing it up the way he did because he wanted to see how it would play out, whether he could really trust Brandon.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Someone mentioned that Coach should have included Edna in his alliance because she is so loyal. He did tell his alliance to not vote for her last night because he feels like she is loyal to him. However, in that scene with her, Stacy and Christine where she was asked who Coach and the others were going to vote off, it came across that Edna probably isn't a good liar or maybe isn't fast on her feet when it comes to lying. I am not sure how good Edna is going to be when it comes to the physical challenges either, but I do think that Coach wants to keep her safe as long as he can. It seems like Coach is trying to keep the strongest people around rather than targeting someone who might be a physical threat. Whereas Brandon is threatened by Mikayla (for purely physical reasons of another kind - lol). This is going to be Brandon's downfall.

I think that Coach's assessment of Brandon is probably spot on. He appears to be a young man who is fighting some kind of demons. And from what I have seen it appears that his obsession with Mikayla is HIS problem and has nothing to do with how she is interacting with him. Since the producers tell the tribe members what they can wear (something that I just found out), then all of them are having to swim in their underwear. It just makes me sad that Brandon is using his religious beliefs as a excuse. He is (once again) coming across as some kind of religious zealot on this show. I wish he would just shutup.

When dealing with Christine and Stacy at TC last night, I was impressed with how Albert was able to deflect the conversation away from exposing one of his alliance members - namely Brandon. Albert might have as chance to go far in this game.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    While it may appear that Hantz is obsessing over Mikayla's flirting and such...I'm going to reserve judgement on that until I see more. She could be doing things we're just not seeing.
    I don't care what she's doing. She could be doing a morning strip-tease hosannah to the sun and it still wouldn't mitigate the unedited creep that is oozing voluntarily from between his lips. Women are not responsible for the reactions men have to them - men are. Thinking anything differently leads to a world where we're all going to be required to wear burqas.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast