+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 9/14/11 Show discussion---Spoilers if you didn't see the show yet

Re: 9/14/11 Show discussion---Spoilers if you didn't see the show yet

Quote Originally Posted by LoLo72 View Post
    I wouldn't have voted out Semhar for losing the competition. My vote for her would be because she 1. tried to quit & said I'm too tires & then 2. she said she "sorta feels bad". She said that she's any honest person & what she says she means. So she meant, she sorta felt bad. I would have voted her out too, just for the fact that Ozzy was fighting to keep her after only being there a few days. To me that rings that he's infatuated w/ her & you gotta snip that early.
    I totally agree with this. She kept saying how 'tired' she was while she was walking rather than running back and forth during the challenge. She had absolutely no hustle at all. I think if she had been moving really fast but just couldn't manage to make the baskets, the tribe would have been a bit more forgiving. And the 'sorta bad' was a poor choice of words.

Anyone who watched Rob last season knows better than to let the returning 'Survivor hottie' (and yes, Rob and Ozzy are hotties in my eyes!!) gather in the pretty young girls to be their allies. So nice try, Ozzy.

The philosopher and the hunter. I'm going to like this season. Great start - both the returnees were taken down a peg and may actually have to play with others rather than trying to run the show.
    spockwhat and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The returnees aren't the type of people who know how to run the show, they are both accomplished individuals but don't know how to manipulate individuals like Boston Rob. Would I like to see either win the million dollars? Coach, yes. Ozzy, no.
    spockwhat likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

I wouldn't get of Semhar for missing the basket & losing. My vote for her would be her trying to quit after 2 throws then saying "I sorta feel bad". That irked me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Times4 View Post
    I saw it as she was kinda flirting with him, asking about his tatoos, calling them "bad ass", Coach asking him if he thought she was hot and him saying I'm staying away from that. Most of it was editing.
    Well, if so they certainly gave him the creepy edit. It's like they don't want us to like any member of the Hantz family.

BfF, it was as if he was leering at her while she was up on top of the shelter tying on palm fronds and working hard, and then blaming her for "displaying" herself and luring his attention. I'm not good enough to judge what was editing cuts and what wasn't. Oh yes, then they added some comments to the camera about how he had to stay away from her temptations....and not in a joking manner. It all came across as if it was her fault, as if she were Delilah, purposefully luring him in and he was helpless to resist. Very yucky.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Season 7 is when they started the 'clothes on their backs' twist. I remember that one guy had an expensive Armani suit, then there were the girls in dresses, and the guy who wound up quitting because he sold all his clothes when they got to their island and were allowed to bargain in a village for items back at camp (he was down to just his underwear I believe). Every since, I think that's how they've done it. I think they let them take sneakers, but that's it. Prior to that, they were allowed extra changes of clothing and luxury items. I think, though, that producers do pick and chose what the contestants wear out there, and even when they could take changes of clothing, the producers went over their selections and told them what to take.
    Osten quit not because of lack of clothing, but claiming he was weak but he wasn't. He flat out quit for no real reason - heck, I even respect Kathy from "Fans versus Favorite's" quitting more because at least she had a legitimate reason (even if it was more of a mind game). He also acted quite like a jerk post show. As far as changes of clothing and what they could pack, they did a special magazine on "Survivor: Africa" after the season was over and they showed what the contestants could pack. I wonder if several found ways to sneak in extra clothing and such or put on clothing that was multipurpose (i.e. pants that you could take the legs off for shorts - meaning adaptable for warm and cold weather) that they changed their minds on what clothing they could have.

FORT Regular

After reading everyone's posts, I'm definitely in the minority here! I don't hate Russell's nephew -- yet. I'm giving him a chance. The getting-to-know-you phase isn't over yet. I think I'm also one of the only ones who think it's probably a good idea for him to keep those tattoos covered. If it didn't put an immediate target on his back, it would at least make people analyze his every move and draw comparisons. The longer he can be "just another player, the better off he will be. He could always say production has asked him to keep his tattoos covered, that they mention a name brand or something. I dunno. Wanna take a poll on how long he keeps the tattoos a secret? I give it 2 weeks. haha.

This is my second time watching Coach and Ozzy. I never saw their first seasons. I don't mind having them back. I don't remember the first thing about Ozzy and the only thing I remember about Coach is that he's a very weird man. Doing poses all the time and trying to being very mystical. What I didn't wanna see was another season where they threw in two more super strong social strategic players, so I'm glad they brought back socially-challenged players. **Next season, if they're going to bring two people back, I hope they bring back two contestants that were good at SURVIVING: Bob from Gabon and Yau-man from Fiji! These two fire-starting, fake-idol making, 50-somethings would make great team leaders. Put them in a challenging environment, and that would be a fun season that I would like to watch.**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Those would be fun leaders!
    I agree it's good for Brandon to have them get to know him as Brandon before they see him as Russell's nephew, but his behavior is so odd that people are starting to wonder... And in the previews he seems to be confessing to Coach...who's not looking all that friendly about it.
    And want to add my kudos to Coach to those of others for his ability almost keep up with Ozzy on the physical parts of that challenge. When they said it started with pole climbing I thought he was doomed--I still remember Ozzy walking up a palm tree his first season.
    Last edited by PWS; 09-16-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    sparklete likes this.

I had the same thought, PWS, about Ozzy climbing the pole. And I also think Brandon should confess with his Christian value caveats in place - that might help the group be more accepting...to know he is not going to play like his uncle.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If I were Brandon I would just say that I just happen to have the same last name as Russell. Playing that it was a little inside joke of the producers. But to be honest how many of the players even remember the first names of the previous season players much less their last names?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread