+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 9/14/11 Show discussion---Spoilers if you didn't see the show yet

Re: 9/14/11 Show discussion---Spoilers if you didn't see the show yet

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    If I were Brandon I would just say that I just happen to have the same last name as Russell. Playing that it was a little inside joke of the producers. But to be honest how many of the players even remember the first names of the previous season players much less their last names?
    That wouldn't work. As soon as you hear "Hantz" and listen to his accent (not to mention the physical similarities) they'll know he's a relative. I can't see any way he could reveal his name and not have everyone instantly know his bloodline. That said, I do think it's a secret that can't be kept for 39 days given the amount of casual near-nudity inherent in such close living quarters so he needs to have a good "come clean" plan. If he doesn't then his perceived dishonesty will doom him.
    MamaAmyG and sparklete like this.

At first, I was totally prepared to view Russell's nephew as an individual and not compare him to Russell. And then, he got all weirdo about that girl, Mickayla. Sorry, but that's a little sick-o to blame her for being enticing when she's hardly paying any attention to him and just doing her part of working with her tribe. I think he's the one who's thinking naughty thoughts and like another poster remarked, he's making her into Delilah and he's the innocent party. Baloney.
    sweetpea, scoot13 and jucamer like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Osten quit not because of lack of clothing, but claiming he was weak but he wasn't. He flat out quit for no real reason - heck, I even respect Kathy from "Fans versus Favorite's" quitting more because at least she had a legitimate reason (even if it was more of a mind game). He also acted quite like a jerk post show. As far as changes of clothing and what they could pack, they did a special magazine on "Survivor: Africa" after the season was over and they showed what the contestants could pack. I wonder if several found ways to sneak in extra clothing and such or put on clothing that was multipurpose (i.e. pants that you could take the legs off for shorts - meaning adaptable for warm and cold weather) that they changed their minds on what clothing they could have.
    I remember Osten whining a lot about being cold and 'catching his death' (something to that effect), which led many to wonder why he'd strip down to his undies in the first place if he knew that's all he was going to be stuck with for however many days he lasted. I'm guessing they probably thought they could either win their clothes back in a future challenge or would be given them later on. I know that wasn't the only reason he quit, but I think it added to it. The guy was just a wuss I've never liked quitters, especially those that quit after others who could have lasted longer and wanted to be there were already voted out. But if they have a good reason, then yeah, I don't think they should suffer, and besides, they're more likely going to get voted out anyway. What I didn't like about Kathy quitting was that Tracy (whom I really liked) had done her best to try and keep her and Chet around, and both seemed to just give up. Chet I think got hurt, but it wasn't life threatening. Back to season 7, Rupert seemed to make the most out of the situation and tried to improvise. It was the one season I actually liked him, and I think he was probably one of the smartest castaways out there that season. Wasn't a sewing machine one of the rewards that season? I do remember reading that in future seasons, when it became obvious they were doing the clothes off their back, that contestants would layer up. Plus, they have their buffs, which the ladies certainly get good use out of. What I remember about producers being involved even in the clothing process was Jenna Lewis, from season 1, said it was the producers idea to take her infamous pink bikini to the island with her. She had several swimsuits, and hated that one, but said she had to take it.

As for this season: I have no issues with Brandon. He looked like a punk from the photo that was leaked of him pre-show, but he's a stark contrast to his uncle (whom I did like, up until last season, but hopefully Russell has officially retired from Survivor). I actually thought it was kind of funny that he seemed so concerned about Mikayla, and then was peeking at her from the tree branches. At least she was actually working, not just running around the beach flaunting her body. I'm sure this will get brought up at the reunion. Joel McHale already made a crack about it on The Soup.

Ozzy's my favorite, but I'm a little worried about him. In thinking back to season 7, John reminds me of the guy known as Skinny Ryan. He got so much face time because he was the second to go, he was like the unofficial narrator. I don't really care for him, or for Dawn. At any rate, I don't think Ozzy or Coach will have the successful run Boston Rob did and be able to get people on their side and do their bidding as easy. Of course, we've seen that happen in seasons where formers didn't return. I think Ozzy is good to keep around for the physical challenges, but once things get down to individual challenges (or if he winds up on the wrong side of his tribe), he better hope for the idol (and actually use it), or that he goes on a winning streak. At least his tribe seemed happier with him than with Coach. Because of the face time John got, I'm not expecting him to be around long. Same could be said for Dawn. I don't know with Coach, I think there's a possibly he gets the numbers and they stay true or they boot him early on. As some people have already suggested, if this is going to be a continuing theme where they bring 2 past contestants back, I hope next time it's either two girls or that they go way back to the early seasons. Given the fact that most contestants are recruited, they've probably never even seen those seasons.

FORT Fogey

I miss the days we had a banner at the top. The CBS site does not even have them divided in teams. I will remember the names at some point but getting started is tricky on the 'who is where' department. If anyone has a site where they are divided please PM me. Thanks.
    SugarMama likes this.

Let Brandon last until the family members show up and send in Russell
    pikachu and i_used2bophelia like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Let Brandon last until the family members show up and send in Russell

The would be hilarious!!!

If I were Brandon I would just say that I just happen to have the same last name as Russell. Playing that it was a little inside joke of the producers. But to be honest how many of the players even remember the first names of the previous season players much less their last names?
    I think survivor geek cochran will have every survivor contestant detail firmly in his head. Also, Coach was screwed over by Russell (via Jerry) in H v V so may remember him more than most.

So far, I quite like Brandon. I mean I am nothing like any of my uncles so why should he be?

Ive got a feeling this is going to be one of those male dominated seasons, and also, if Coach and Ozzy get to the merge, they'll want the other one out.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I thought Survivor was going to discontinue making idols easy to find after Russell. Apparently not since the camera zoomed in on one hidden in plain view, nestled in a tree.

It would be hilarious to have Russell show up for the family member visit! I don't think Brandon will hold out that long, though. He'll probably spill on the next episode that he's Russell's nephew and get voted out early.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think they should call this season of Survivor Battle of the Hair. Seriously, both Coach and Ozzy's hair look great. Maybe this will start a trend for longer hair for men, but only if they have hair with great body, stringy locks need not apply.
    Ugh, I hate men with long hair! I liked Ozzy's hair much better on the first season he was on. I didn't like it the second time he returned or this season. My first impression on seeing Ozzy in the commercials for this season was he was trying to look like Coach with that awful mullet.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I thought Survivor was going to discontinue making idols easy to find after Russell. Apparently not since the camera zoomed in on one hidden in plain view, nestled in a tree.

It would be hilarious to have Russell show up for the family member visit! I don't think Brandon will hold out that long, though. He'll probably spill on the next episode that he's Russell's nephew and get voted out early.
    That was a clue to where the idol is, not the idol

+ Reply to Thread