+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dagwood

Thread: Rick - South Pacific

Rick - South Pacific

Name (Age): Rick Nelson (51)
    Tribe designation: Upolu
    Current residence: Aurora, Utah

Personal claim to fame: My family and my ranch.

Inspiration in life: My grandfather. He built a very large ranch with his own determination and sheer willpower.

Hobbies: Team sorting, hunting, riding and playing on my horse.

Pet peeves: Quitters and lazy people who donít keep their word.

3 words to describe you: Outgoing, strong-willed and self-motivated.

SURVIVOR contestant you are most like: J.T. He played a great game and won. He is country, strong-willed, a great competitor, good to get along with, not a quitter and true to his word in the end. Iíd like to think if you put 15 years on him, he would mirror me - except Iím better.

Reason for being on SURVIVOR: It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience to prove that you can survive with next to nothing for 39 days and be one of 23 people in the world to be named ďSole Survivor.Ē (And a million dollars would be nice).

Why you think youíll ďsurviveĒ SURVIVOR: Iím used to living out in the elements on a daily basis. Iím a hard worker. I can build a fire, shelter and I can hunt and fish. Iím easy to get along with, always have a positive attitude and a lifetime of little tricks to make life nicer while camping in the dirt.

Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: After applying 14 times, I am driven and very determined to win the game. I will stop at nothing!

Survivor: South Pacific Cast: Rick
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Rick - South Pacific

The other hometown contestant. You gotta be tough to be a rancher so that is a plus. I just hope he is not all talk and nothing else.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, he should have useful skills, and he looks a lot younger than the retired cop,who is younger than he is. Just hope he can tolerate the slackers.
    And, not to date myself, but I love his name!
    I'm amazed that with those creds he never got accepted before.
    Last edited by PWS; 09-14-2011 at 12:03 AM.

He apparently won some fan vote to finally make it on this season. Looking forward to seeing him. Hope he just doesn't get so excited to be there that he tries to take charge right at the beginning - since that never works out well.

What is team sorting?

So far I love him. Hope he sticks around.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    What is team sorting?
    It's a cowboy contest, two people on horseback "sort" cattle and drive them into pens.... They have to sort out all the steers, or all the cattle with a certain # painted on them, etc. Based on work cowboys had to do .... sorting calves from their moms for branding and males from females for castrating...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    It's a cowboy contest, two people on horseback "sort" cattle and drive them into pens.... They have to sort out all the steers, or all the cattle with a certain # painted on them, etc. Based on work cowboys had to do .... sorting calves from their moms for branding and males from females for castrating...
    Thanks! That's a little like the challenge where one person has to direct the rest of the tribe, often blindfolded, to complete a task. Wonder if they would choose him for that!

+ Reply to Thread