+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dawn - South Pacific

Dawn - South Pacific

Name (Age): Dawn Meehan (41)
    Tribe designation: Savaii
    Current residence: South Jordan, Utah

Personal claim to fame: Adopting our six children.

Inspiration in life: My husband. He’s really one of the most incredible human beings. He’s kind, generous, peaceful, hard-working and selfless. I’m so grateful to spend my days with him.

Hobbies: Swimming with my kids, writing/blogging and baking bread.

Pet peeves: Brown grass and complainers.

3 words to describe you: Driven, positive and enthusiastic.

SURVIVOR contestant you are most like: Sandra, Parvati and Stephenie. I’m physically strong like Parvati and Stephenie. I’m in this to really play and win -- like these women.

Reason for being on SURVIVOR: “Survivor” is the best game on Earth! There’s so much application to “real life.” After watching as a fan for 10 years, I just know in my soul that it’s my turn to play and win. Plus, it’s the adventure of a lifetime and one million dollars!

Why you think you’ll “survive” SURVIVOR: I’m driven, tenacious, adaptable, funny, optimistic, intelligent and resilient. I can motivate/persuade people, and I think that’s powerful/important at every stage of this game.

Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I’ve got the drive and determination to dominate this game. And, as cliché as it sounds, I’m really “in it to win it.”

Survivor: South Pacific Cast: Dawn
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Dawn - South Pacific

One of the hometown girls. I live about 10 miles from her hometown. She seems kind of bubbly. I hope she isn't annoying.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I'll bet she has GREAT social skills - a teacher and six children? Gotta know how to handle people. I love that she's adopted six kids, too. It takes a special person to do that.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm impressed that she's got a time consuming career and adopted 6 kids. I can see how she might become the "team mom" for her group.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    One of the hometown girls. I live about 10 miles from her hometown. She seems kind of bubbly. I hope she isn't annoying.
    When you say Hometown girl do you mean where she lives now or where she came from? I ask because I was talking to a friend today who told me that Dawn was the daughter of an old friend from the So Cal area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    When you say Hometown girl do you mean where she lives now or where she came from? I ask because I was talking to a friend today who told me that Dawn was the daughter of an old friend from the So Cal area.
    Where she lives now. She lives about 10 miles away.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I hope she isn't annoying.
    Haha! Well I guess that ship has already sailed!

I know a friend who's known Dawn's mother for quite sometime. Seems that Dawn loved Survivor a lot and applied over and over to get on the show. She finally gave up because she felt she was getting too old to compete. Then Survivor called her and asked her to join. She was hesitant to do it but she spent 10 months seriously working out at a gym and swimming. She said that it was miserable because it rained soooo much.....more than they show on tv. She also said that TPTB promised them swimsuits while they were there but it took forever to get them and that's why they're in their underwear .....again.
    Aside from her small breakdown, she seems pretty admirable, being a college professor and a mother of 6 adopted kids.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 09-26-2011 at 01:41 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's interesting how several people have had a mini breakdown at what seems to us to be the 2nd day, and if they don't get voted off seem to rally and do fine. It sure does mark you as vulnerable and a drag on the tribe though...BUT also, as not a threat for post merge....
    Interesting about the rain and the bathing suits! I guess TPTB lie...big surprise. It sounds as if she lasts at least long enough to get a bathing suit, so maybe by observing what she's wearing we can tell if she's still safe (still in undies) that week!

The part about undie/bathing suits is a little scary. I don't think any of mine would hold up under the weight of full saturation. ;^)

+ Reply to Thread