+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Brandon - South Pacific

Re: Brandon - South Pacific

I'm willing to give him a pass for being a kid AND being on national tv in a fairly stressful situation (lack of food and sleep and the concern he has to uphold his family's owner because of what his idiot uncle did).
    RBmumsie likes this.

FORT Fogey

My sons, now in their 30's would never had acted as Brandon at the age of 19. No passes because of age for me, Youth is not an excuse for Brandon's behavior. Something is wrong with him.

I know, I know he has two kids. No excuses for this either!
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-07-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Allie likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We weren't raised like that in my family, either! No excuses. I think it's called "coddling"? You either learn responsibility at home, or the world will teach it to you....and it won't be nice.
    Allie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Oh piffle, are you trying to say that you never did or said stupid stuff when you were young? I know that I did - and, yes, my parents raised me "right". I think that Brandon is trying to take responsibility for his actions - ergo all of the apologizing. And, the backlash that he's received since this season started airing, well that's a LOT of punishment to take. All actions have consequences, so he's go consequences up the whazoo.

So, yes, I'm willing to grant him some consideration. Not necessarily a "pass", but I'm willing to wait and see how he behaves goin forward.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I alternate between feeling sorry for him and infuriated by him. It's a strange place to be. The kid has Russell for a male role model (one of them at least)...let's all reflect on that, shall we? Russell is a misogynist, arrogant, condescending, delusional, ranting psycho. If any of the other family members are even half as horrid as he is, Brandon was facing an uphill climb from the get-go. What bugs me though is the propensity to always reach outside himself either to blame to to find strength. I realize he has a strong Christian faith but I wish sometimes he would realize that he is responsible for his own thoughts and reactions, and can also be responsible for monitoring and moderating them. Perhaps that will come with age and maturity.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    The kid has Russell for a male role model (one of them at least)...let's all reflect on that, shall we? Russell is a misogynist, arrogant, condescending, delusional, ranting psycho. If any of the other family members are even half as horrid as he is, Brandon was facing an uphill climb from the get-go.
    Well said. I am PERFECTLY content to throw Russell under the first bus that comes along! Russell's a mature adult and SHOULD face the consequences of his actions. Brandon's only 19 - AND Brandon WANTS to be a better person. Big Difference.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Brandon's only 19 - AND Brandon WANTS to be a better person. .
    I'll believe that when fish fly.
    People show you exactly who they are, all the time.
    Don't listen to him.
    watch him.
    He'll show you who he is.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Oh piffle, are you trying to say that you never did or said stupid stuff when you were young? I know that I did - and, yes, my parents raised me "right". I think that Brandon is trying to take responsibility for his actions - ergo all of the apologizing. And, the backlash that he's received since this season started airing, well that's a LOT of punishment to take. All actions have consequences, so he's go consequences up the whazoo.

So, yes, I'm willing to grant him some consideration. Not necessarily a "pass", but I'm willing to wait and see how he behaves goin forward.
    I don't think you'll ever find anyplace where I said that I never did or said stupid stuff. What I did say is that I was raised to take responsibility for my actions, and that is something that has been going on since I was in grade school. I'm sorry for him, and anyone else who didn't get the memo at home....and I am grateful for what I did get. My folks just didn't "play that"!

I think boys are quicker to want to blame other people for things or try not to take responsibility. I've seen it in my own son, and I spent plenty of time browbeating 'responsibility' into his head.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-09-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't think you'll ever find anyplace where I said that I never did or said stupid stuff. What I did say is that I was raised to take responsibility for my actions, and that is something that has been going on since I was in grade school. I'm sorry for him, and anyone else who didn't get the memo at home....and I am grateful for what I did get. My folks just didn't "play that"!

I think boys are quicker to want to blame other people for things or try not to take responsibility. I've seen it in my own son, and I spent plenty of time browbeating 'responsibility' into his head.
    It took me a year to get my son to stop telling me all the things he did wrong at school (He had a bad experience in kindergarten). Then his best was "I didn't do anything bad today." But he also does not understand why people would lie just, well, because. So I disagree about the boys part but maybe the societal pressure ON boys to be right and strong. Admitting fault is a weakness, maybe.

If he has two kids how come he only ever mentions his son?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast