+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Albert - South Pacific

Albert - South Pacific

Name (Age): Albert Destrade (26)
    Tribe designation: Upolu
    Current residence: Plantation, Fla

Personal claim to fame: I hit my first college home run off of a guy that was a 1st round draft pick.

Inspiration in life: I'm going to go with the lead character from the movie "Bull Durham." Kevin Costner's "Crash Davis" exemplifies a lot of attributes I can relate to. He is a hero of mine because of how he goes about his business as a ballplayer. He's a life-grinder. Plus, he's colorful and full More...of wisdom.

Hobbies: Poker, writing and exercise.

Pet peeves: I have little to no patience for ignorance. People who are uninformed about something, yet insist to be opinionated about it, really irritate me. I also get bothered by mentally weak people.

3 words to describe you: Versatile, dynamic and resourceful.

SURVIVOR contestant you are most like: I really like how J.T. managed to forge himself as a leader on Season 18 without being overbearing or bossy whatsoever. He commanded respect and led by example.

Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I have a legitimate chance to win one million dollars. Also, I can prove to myself that I can beat all in a game of strength, strategy and will.

Why you think you’ll “survive” SURVIVOR: I was a Division I college athlete as recently as four years ago. I am a tough guy to beat in challenges. I’m a team player and I don’t have a problem contributing to any construction, hunting, fishing or gathering.

Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I know that I possess a unique combination of attributes that would make me a favorite in this game. I’m athletic and very socially adept. I’m calculated and self-aware. Ultimately, if you combine my awareness, physical strength and social calibration, I bring a lot to the table.

Survivor: South Pacific Cast: Albert
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Albert - South Pacific

No likey this one. Screams tool to me.
    lilcountriegal likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Wow... this:

I also get bothered by mentally weak people.

... just irks me. Seems like he is a cross between Russell Hantz and Coach. He'll either irritate people to the max and be an early boot, or be hard to be and hang out a while.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I have a close relative in Plantation...which was named after a sugar plantation I'm told, not an old south cotton one. I agree, baseball AND dating coach? What, he helps his players get dates?

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

He's marvelous eye candy......
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My relative has actually met him briefly, and said he seemed nice...so I'll hold off judging the baseball/dating coach.

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    Wow... this:

I also get bothered by mentally weak people.

... just irks me. Seems like he is a cross between Russell Hantz and Coach. He'll either irritate people to the max and be an early boot, or be hard to be and hang out a while.
    What a tool--for someone so bothered by the "mentally weak" you certainly need a lesson or two in grammar--I also get bothered..? really?

I don't think he means "mentally challenged", but rather people with no internal fortitude. At least, that is the way I take it. We haven't seen a lot of this guy, so maybe he goes far. He is nice to look at

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    I don't think he means "mentally challenged", but rather people with no internal fortitude. At least, that is the way I take it. We haven't seen a lot of this guy, so maybe he goes far. He is nice to look at
    I agree with you - that is how I took it as well. We haven't seen much of him, but I was impressed with him at TC last week. Too soon to tell for sure - but I think I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    This is the way I took it as well. I definitely didn't think he was trying to speak negatively of those that are mentally challenged. Considering he seems to be a go getter, I guess he can't stand those that don't have that same mindset.
    MadamePretty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast