+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Survivor 23–South Pacific: Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Survivor 23–South Pacific: Spoilers/Speculation

Seems so long since I posted on this thread! Nice to be back...

I read maxx's spoiler as Brandon gives Albert the Immunity as Coach already has the found idol in his pocket , thinking they may vote out someone as well even if he walks.

I guess Edna really does not give Coach Her Jury vote due to him refusing to use his idol for her.

The Ssucks people are now floating back to a Coach win scenario by watching the ponderosa opinions.

Its quite obvious Rick goes next as hes less close to the power 3 and Ozzy leaving as soon as hes back in the game (Even if Coach really did want to keep him, Sophie and Albert would vote his ass out).

Albert has rubbed people the wrong way so the winner has to be Coach or Sophie...
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Fogey

Coach winning makes more sense than Sophie. From where the jury sits, Coach would get the 'game well played' vote with Albert and Sophie tagged as coattail riders. And he certainly has played a good game.
    JavaJo likes this.

The question is really who he has ticked off and whether they can look beyond that and still vote for him. At least with what I have seen, some juries are able to do that and some are not. Also, just because they have not necessarily shown it does not mean the others are not playing the game. Sometimes a jury vote comes down and we are scratching our heads as to why someone won - Jenna Morasca being the one that immediately comes to mind!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Coach winning makes more sense than Sophie. From where the jury sits, Coach would get the 'game well played' vote with Albert and Sophie tagged as coattail riders. And he certainly has played a good game.
    Yeah, unless Sophie makes a really good case for herself at final tribal council. I think she'll be completely prepared and wow the jury. I doubt if they really want to give the million to Coach.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

My guess is Ozzy makes the final, it's his.

Otherwise, as Alexxxx said, it's going to come down to jury questions. I think it's Coach's to lose, and it will be more than Sophie giving a great account of her game. If Coach is rational and real at the final, it's not going to matter how good Sophie is. However, if Coach gets in any way cocky or idiotic (as he tends to), it may go another contestants way.

Of course, this is making assumptions about who will be in the final. Some posters asked Maxx if there were more surprises after the "Cochran flipping" one, and he replied yes. I hope that the Brandon melt down isn't the only other surprise for the season. Maybe I'll ask...

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    My guess is Ozzy makes the final, it's his.

Otherwise, as Alexxxx said, it's going to come down to jury questions. I think it's Coach's to lose, and it will be more than Sophie giving a great account of her game. If Coach is rational and real at the final, it's not going to matter how good Sophie is. However, if Coach gets in any way cocky or idiotic (as he tends to), it may go another contestants way.

Of course, this is making assumptions about who will be in the final. Some posters asked Maxx if there were more surprises after the "Cochran flipping" one, and he replied yes. I hope that the Brandon melt down isn't the only other surprise for the season. Maybe I'll ask...
    Yes, please ask Maxx. I am not sure why, but I just can not pull for Coach to win the million dollars. I hope that from here on out we get to see more of the remaining tribe members - strategizing. I think that it has already been established that Albert does not do much around camp, that Rick isn't shown saying or doing much, Brandon is a loose cannon, Coach seems to be running things, and Sophie appears to be strong in the competitions and is at least talking strategy with Albert. However, we really don't know that much about Albert, Sophie and Rick, because so far both Coach and Brandon have been featured the most on camera. I hope that that changes from here on out.

Right now I would like for Sophie to win, but I could change my mind if someone else steps up their game.

Does anyone know when the sole survivor reveal/audience show was filmed?

I ask this because Coach's tweets went from 'Watch survivor' 'All about survivor' to absolutely no tweets about survivor and all about his soccer team/other bits. Just wondering if the tweets changed this way because he came second.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex View Post
    Does anyone know when the sole survivor reveal/audience show was filmed?

I ask this because Coach's tweets went from 'Watch survivor' 'All about survivor' to absolutely no tweets about survivor and all about his soccer team/other bits. Just wondering if the tweets changed this way because he came second.
    I thought that was a live reveal? (Next Sunday?)

FORT Fanatic

OK... haven't posted in a while here, but thought I might toss in my two cents... for those willing to think "outside of the box".

As Dawn said on her way out, the possibilities are endless. Coach said the same thing at tribal (episode #13), but the camera panned on somebody other than Coach before he finished his line of “The possibilities are endless. They really are.”

Twice this season, we heard the words Easter Egg Hunt. Could there be Editing “Easter Eggs” this season? Or are these really “red herrings” to fool us?

When Sophie and Coach had immunity in episodes #10 and #13, Jeff Probst was seen saying “I’ll bring in the jury” followed by shots of people taking their seats.

In episode #12, Jeff announces “I’ll bring in the jury” partly over a shot of Albert. Then we see Keith, Jim, Dawn and Whitney take their seats. To the casual viewer, this suggests that Albert makes it TO the jury. However, there’s a catch: the immunity necklace he is wearing.

Although we haven’t seen much interaction with Keith, he did fleetingly mention Albert once and there are two merge-time shots of them close together. We have also heard Jim, Dawn and Whitney each praise Albert on screen in confessionals as one “not drinking the Kool-Aid” or the one “who cares”. Of course, if Ozzy makes final three, these four will vote for him in a heartbeat. Ozzy’s status is the key to all of this.

In episode #13, Albert states at tribal that “a lot of people have contributed to us getting here”. The camera zooms in on Cochran, a potential jury voter #5. By the way, did everybody catch that episode #10 scene where Albert checkmated Cochran on a board game… “I didn’t see that coming”?

Also in episode #13:
    Jeff Probst: Now, Ozzy. You have a big decision to make. Choose one person to spend some time with their loved one. Lot of strategy in who you give love to. You could curry a lot of favor should you get back in this game.
    Ozzy: I think I’m going to choose Albert.

As is often the case, the casual viewer misses this because Ozzy is then allowed to give Coach and Brandon visitation rights. We also get that potential final three alliance discussion with Coach as “a Christian man” followed by Brandon’s willingness to “spit on a million dollars” as a Christian. His dad Shawn asks Coach about a final 3 scenario and Coach lies to his face. Overlooked is the fact that Ozzy is only shown hugging Albert and that we don't hear his mother talk on screen, just shown in photographic form.

In their cbs.com outtake videos, both Ozzy and Albert discuss “8 days” and “the light at the end of the tunnel”. However, only Albert says “winner” in this speech, in regards to what his mother told him. Ozzy just says he will keep “playing hard”.

Back in episode #1, Jeff stated “you cannot get voted out” over a shot of Albert and Rick. Rick also received mid-season a voice-over of “who will make final 3?”. Edna compliments his work ethic on a cbs.com outtake, pretty much confirming that she will vote for him over Albert.

Sophie and Brandon, if either or both make jury, are question marks in this set-up, but we do know they are pretty tight with Albert, even though he twice suggested voting Brandon out... and didn’t. Brandon wouldn’t do morning prayers in ep #13 without Albert with him. Early in the season, his complaints about Mikayla were often over shots of her with Albert, suggesting that his “brotherly” relationship was disrupted.

Coach worried about either Brandon and Albert blindsiding him in episode #10. Foreshadowing? Or is he worrying about something that doesn’t happen?

Ozzy started major trouble with his Savaii tribe (and got Elyse blindsided) back in episode #5 by casually saying “If Coach is smart, he will vote out Albert soon.” Although Coach has mocked Ozzy behind his back as “stupid as a beach bum”, Ozzy hasn’t stated anything similar as a comeback… YET.

Albert’s first major confessional in episode #5, indicating that he is “a baseball / dating coach”, was AFTER the name Benjamin was spoken by Christine, Stacey and him. This was done deliberately, not by accident. He is a coach behind Coach, so to speak.

Another thing that has amused me this season is that each time something "unfavorable" about Albert was shown, something favorable counter-acted it. For example: Coach joking "I don’t think poor Albert does a day of work in his life. That boy’s been hand-clothed, hand-bathed by his mother." Then Albert gives Coach his reward of being "bathed" and "massaged" by a woman. Rick called him Prince Albert, but that got Edna to start voting against him. Edna was critical of Albert, but he quipped "The players in my alliance think its not outplay, outwit, outlast. They think it is out-clean, out-gather, out-organize. To me, this game is about doing well in challenges, creating a great strategy and playing a strong social game, so those are what I’m focused on. I’ll leave the housework to Martha Stewart." After watching episode #12, Dawn Meehan stated in an interview that she voted for the one who best outplayed, outwitted and outlasted. Then she quickly changed the subject, realizing something she should not have said...

Jeff Probst stated on EW, in response to generic question regarding the reward given to Cochran: "I don’t think Albert has a chance in hell of ever winning this game so it doesn’t really matter. He’s so obvious you seem [sic] him coming from three islands away. Then again…I didn’t think Natalie had a shot at winning over Russell."

Now, he wasn't even asked if Albert could win. So why did he go there? Of course, Jeff claimed this season on tout that he does not know the vote tally. He just "suspects" who wins by how the final tribal goes.

Now, maybe none of this is important.

Again, we shall see Sunday. Albert may NOT be the winner. Yet, if he is, you have been warned... and won't be shocked.

Could this qualify as a "winner speech"?: Survivor: South Pacific - It Overtook Me - YouTube Of course, nobody on the SS forum would take something like this seriously, since the "edgic" mentality focuses on such things as number of "confessionals" per episode or ratings of OTTP or OTTN... If there is a good season to "Gabon the masses", it is this one.

FORT Fanatic

... then again, after watching a show like tonight's, I would say Rick Nelson has this in the bag. He was the only one not thrown under the bus!

+ Reply to Thread