+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

I stand corrected on the order of Rob's win. And I understand how some people argue that after four trys he should be able to come away a winner. I admire him for not giving up on his goal. Ten years seeking a victory in a game shows his determination. The man has matured quite a bit in the past ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    I stand corrected on the order of Rob's win. And I understand how some people argue that after four trys he should be able to come away a winner. I admire him for not giving up on his goal. Ten years seeking a victory in a game shows his determination. The man has matured quite a bit in the past ten years.
    I didnt like him at first. I do now, I think he's great! I am still very pleased he won

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    Survivor needs to change their blueprint. Pluck just about anyone from any recent season and drop them into another one and watch the exact same outcome. It's beyond stale. I find it impossible that of all who apply to the show they can't find anyone interesting enough that they have to bring back a has-been or a xerox copy of a previous contestant.
    I strongly disagree with this statement. It totally depends on who that person is, whether they already have a reputation, positive or negative, known to the new players, how good of a player they were to start with, and how well they have learned to adapt their game. For some, like Rob, each successive try they will probably do better (although he didn't on HvV, he seemed like he was in total control until Tyson's move). Russell did worse in later tries, as have other repeaters. Not everyone can become a master of this game even after 10 tries, as not everyone has the requisite strategic and/or social skills.

That said, I am disappointed they are trying RI again with retreads, but it will be a good way to shed light on the argument that "any of them can win the game".

It would be interesting to know just how much feedback that CBS and Jeff have gotten on what the viewing audience thought of the RI twist. So far I have not heard one person say that they liked how it was done. Maybe people need to Twitter Jeff Probst and tell him how flawed the present setup on RI is. It might not make any difference for the upcoming season, but maybe they will consider doing away with it after that.

I'd be okay with the RI twist IF it didn't drag out until the final 5. Maybe bring them back at the merge or the week after and let it just play out.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

To me, the addition of the RI aspect has one fatal flaw: Whoever comes back from Redemption Island a) was put there for a reason and b) is likely to be labeled an "underdog". It's very unlikely that anyone in the "active" game would want a person like this around. So unless the returnee goes on an immunity streak, they're probably toast.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

The only way I can see RI actually providing some strategic and entertainment value next time is if players figure out a way to incorporate who they send there into their endgame. If they know in advance when these players will re-enter the game (unlike this season), they may start making strategic decisions to send a "strong at challenges" player there at a specific time, in the hopes of having them rejoin an existing alliance up the road, possibly giving them an advantage at the merge or after. I wonder if they will use the same structure for it next season, and/or if they will inform the players exactly how and when it will be implemented. I think they should, as it is then more likely to get incorporated into game strategy, instead of being a deterrent and avoided at all costs as an "unknown", effectively minimizing strategic decisionmaking in the main game, IMO.

FORT Regular

I was pretty sure I saw that flash of Matt in the preview as well. But it also helps to pay attention to who looks more "filled out" at the reunion. Natalie, for example, looked like she'd easily gained 10-20 pounds from the time of the final episode. Andrea's cheeks were a little fuller than they had been, but not a whole lot. So either she didn't really gain much weight back after Survivor or else she was out on another season.

Back when Russel was the big bad guy the first time, you got the impression that he was on that Heroes vs. Villains just because he wasn't a fat little troll at the reunion show.

Personally, I think it would be weird if Andrea were on the next season, but Matt wouldn't surprise me. But I guess both got sort of screwed over "for love," so maybe it would be a weird redemption of their game. (Imagine how different it would have been sans Rob ...)

FORT Fanatic Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    When did they film the next season?
    I'm pretty sure they haven't filmed it yet. They'll film it this summer.

To the Point

I was thinking that the new season was generally already in the can by the time the finale of the current season aired.

+ Reply to Thread