+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    When did the girls find out that Rob had the Hidden Immunity Idol? They never showed that.
    They didn't show it during the season, Ashley revealed it on the reunion show last night. That why I said in an earlier post that I was ticked that the last couple of shows, they showed Ashley & Nat talking about voting Rob out. Now maybe they meant after he used the idol, if they could get him to, but it sure didn't seem that way. To me, it was just misleading editing. I suppose they might have meant to maybe blindside him, but given who was doing the talking, that seemed quite unlikely.

I have to agree with Grant here with being angry with Rob, because I'm certain Rob called him an idiot in a PI & once Grant saw that play out on tv well, I'd be upset too if I were him. A lot of people are saying that Rob has softened over the years, but I still see a lot of arrogance & smugness from him.

One last note, I just read today that Russell is going to have a show on A & E. It's going to have him doing real estate deals, i.e. 'flipping' houses down in Texas where he lives. So now both Rob & Russell are going to have shows ! So much for wanting them gone from tv !

This was the first season of Survivor I've missed in a very long time.
    Wasn't interested in seeing Ralph or Rob again.
    I would think that after 4 tries at this game, one should finally win it.
    What's the big deal??!!

Are they going to go back to a regular format next season?
    Don't like seeing these people repeat so much. Especially when I don't like them to begin with.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    No, they are going to use the exactly the same format as this past season. Redemption Island with two former Survivors coming back. If they're trying to kill the show then they are doing a great job of it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    This was the first season of Survivor I've missed in a very long time.
    Wasn't interested in seeing Ralph or Rob again.
    I would think that after 4 tries at this game, one should finally win it.
    What's the big deal??!!

Don't like seeing these people repeat so much. Especially when I don't like them to begin with.
    They announced at the end of the reunion show that the next season would have sixteen new people plus two returning players, just like this season, though they didn't mention who those two returning players would be. They also mentioned that they would have Redemption Island again next season. They didn't say whether it would operate exactly as it did this season, however.

Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro View Post
    I have to agree with Grant here with being angry with Rob, because I'm certain Rob called him an idiot in a PI & once Grant saw that play out on tv well, I'd be upset too if I were him.
    I agree. I really believe that Grant would have been able to get past Rob blindsiding him, but it was seeing Rob mocking him and making him look really foolish, silly and stupid that caused the hard feelings that Grant couldn't get past.

The specific episode that Rob identified as being the one where Grant stopped communicating with him was particularly stinging and surely incredibly embarrassing for Grant. This guy was a professional athlete, which is a very ego-driven career, and Rob made him look ridiculous when he switched the new clue with the old clue to the HII. It must have been unbearable to Grant to have Rob make him look like a complete fool. When I watched that episode, I clearly remember thinking that Grant would be really upset hearing the things Rob was saying about him and seeing how Rob played him.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Rob met Amber during All Stars.

His finishes:

1. Marquesas - 10th, just shy of the jury. Would've hopefully gotten out one bitter Rotu 4 if he had lasted to the jury and maybe a much more deserving Neleh would've won over Vecepia (if not him).

2. All-Stars (I think somewhere in the Pearl Islands due to Rupert participating) - 2nd behind Amber.

3. Fans vs. Favorites - Lost out before Jury is all I know. Ousted by Russell.

4. This season (wherever last season was played) - 1st place, beats Russell in hopefully his last game. Not that I do not like Rob - I like the fact he's like "Big Brother's" Will in that he can separate reality from game show, but four times is enough for him physically. Playing these survival games long enough could harm you physically later in life. Rob himself has passed out one time playing this, nearly a second time this season (unless he did and we didn't see it). That says enough.

Speaking of injuries/etc. - Someone mentioned James from China/Fans vs. Favorites, and being blindsided with two HII's. He was only blindsided the one time, the second time he had to be medically evac'd because he had a severely infected finger and had to get it debrided and be fed antibiotics. He served on the jury, complete with lugging around an IV for several of the meetings if not all the way through.
    Exactly! Rob is much like Dr. Will from BB. As prhoshay said, you KNEW I was a snake and you still invited me in... Dr. Will would tell people I"m a liar, and then lie to their faces and they'd believe him... Anyone who has watched Survivor (and SOME of these folks must have!) would know Rob is good a puzzles, fairly athletic, and a great manipulator not beyond lying to your face and backstabbing you even if he "owes" you... as in the Lex/Amber incident. Both guys have a lot of charm, and are easy to look at, and both are great liars/manipulators. And, to be fair, when they have a real partner, like Amber or Boogie, both are fiercely loyal. Of course if you are playing with either, the problem is to know whether or not you are the real partner!

On the vote thing...I think Jeff (or his staff) arranges the order in which the votes are read to create maximum tension. If there had been a single vote for Nat he would have read it. So Ralph gave Phile a nice gift there! And if Phil is smart he can spin it now, that is was clear to him early on he was so far on the outside he'd never win, but if he got the F3 he could hope for a substantial payout as #2.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    They announced at the end of the reunion show that the next season would have sixteen new people plus two returning players, just like this season, though they didn't mention who those two returning players would be. They also mentioned that they would have Redemption Island again next season. They didn't say whether it would operate exactly as it did this season, however.
    A couple of people remarked how they saw a quick shot of Matt during the mention of returning players bit. There is some speculation it will be him. Just as a side note, there was a shot of a girl as well, and I believe it was Andrea.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    A couple of people remarked how they saw a quick shot of Matt during the mention of returning players bit. There is some speculation it will be him. Just as a side note, there was a shot of a girl as well, and I believe it was Andrea.
    Yeah, I'd heard that, but I wasn't paying enough attention myself to be able to confirm it, and I wasn't sure whether that was supposed to be a clue or if the show was just screwing with the viewers. Or maybe it's just that I was hoping it wasn't true, because I don't especially want to see anyone in back to back seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Yeah, I'd heard that, but I wasn't paying enough attention myself to be able to confirm it, and I wasn't sure whether that was supposed to be a clue or if the show was just screwing with the viewers. Or maybe it's just that I was hoping it wasn't true, because I don't especially want to see anyone in back to back seasons
    When did they film the next season?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post

On the vote thing...I think Jeff (or his staff) arranges the order in which the votes are read to create maximum tension. If there had been a single vote for Nat he would have read it. So Ralph gave Phile a nice gift there! And if Phil is smart he can spin it now, that is was clear to him early on he was so far on the outside he'd never win, but if he got the F3 he could hope for a substantial payout as #2.
    I have always thought that they arrange the votes that Jeff reads off in an order so that it will create the most suspense and not in the actual order that they were written.

I think that Natalie finished third (with no votes). She was seated in the third-place seat at the reunion, with Phillip seated next to Rob - in second place. Isn't that how they always seat people, according to how they finish in the voting? That would mean that Phillip would have won the $100,000.

+ Reply to Thread