+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

I don't believe Grant is upset with mush mouthed Rob for his game play. He's probably more bothered by mush mouth constantly referring to his tribe as idiots behind their backs. That has nothing to do with game play whatsoever so mush mouth can sanctimoniously talk about it being just a game but his bad-mouthing of the others is really telling of his true personality.

For a split-second when Phil threw his undies into the fire I thought just maybe he was to some extent partially sane. I was waiting for him at final Tribal Council to stand up, toss his cape and headdress into the fire and announce how his insanity was all a ruse. But that was not to be, instead he starts telling jury members not to vote for him.

Survivor needs to change their blueprint. Pluck just about anyone from any recent season and drop them into another one and watch the exact same outcome. It's beyond stale. I find it impossible that of all who apply to the show they can't find anyone interesting enough that they have to bring back a has-been or a xerox copy of a previous contestant.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    It was Rob's game to win or lose. It was the most obvious win (save Brian) in Survivor history.
    I'm pages behind, but THIS. I haven't seen any mention of Brian's game, and I was surprised that Jeff called this the most perfect game. I suppose that because Brian hasn't come back again for more punishment they don't really want to pimp him, but Rob's game (while brilliant and well-executed) wasn't as good in attempt #4 as Brian's was in attempt #1.

Oh, and to add to the couples list (if it hasn't been mentioned), Todd Herzog (China winner) and Spencer Duhm were dating after Spencer's season, and Brad and J.P. from Cook Islands dated.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I always found the look on Rob's face interesting when the blindsided person got ousted, after Rob had sworn his true loyalty to them. Rob had that look on his face that was just like the line from that Tom Jones song, The Snake.... "You knew I was a snake before you took me in." He looked especially contemptous of people who got ousted later in the game, after seeing others go down that EXACT same path.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree - I saw nothing to indicate anything other than a brother/sister type relationship. Nothing creepy at all.
    Last edited by hepcat; 05-16-2011 at 09:32 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva View Post
    The thing about these confessionals--they are "in the moments" meaning these are interviews taken during the heat of the game and moment and not after the game is over and time has gone by to rest and reassess.
    Much has been said hastily that might never been said under different circumstances--think--little sleep, little food and constant stress. None of these people are with loved ones--no support system. Then they have the producers/crew baiting them with certain questions hoping for certain responses which make great tv.
    Under these circumstances, I think I would take what anyone said during this type of game with a grain of salt unless it were so absolutely dastardly---kind of like Johnny Fairplay's schtick.

I kind of equated the Rob/Natalie relationship as a big bro/lil sis or even Rob fostering a young girl who he kept referring to as "innocent and good" as he sees his own young family of 2 daughters and hoping someone might take care of them if they had been in Natalie's same shoes(some day down the road). That's how I took it. JMO
    Rob has been on this show 4 times. He knows what he is saying in the interviews and how it will be portrayed. I don't think the producers manipulated him one bit. I think he wants to come off exactly the way he comes off. He has tons of fans because of it. He probably never cared about Grant anyway.

As far as Natalie goes, I can see why you would say it was familial relationship. It is just that Rob never had Natalie's best interests at heart. It was like fattening up a young animal before slaughter. During the last episode, I thought it was possible that he really was a cult leader and the Devil told him to sacrifice the young virgin in the end. Not that I think Natalie is virginal.

FORT Fogey

I guess I never took the comment to mean that there was something sexually "creepy" about Rob/Natalie's relationship but more creepy in the way that she seemed unable, even in the final TC, to be able to figure out what to do or say without looking to him for help. You know, more like Rob was her Svengali than her lover.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I agree - I saw nothing to indicate anything other than a brother/sister type relationship. Nothing creepy at all.
    Natalie is also Italian like Rob. I can totally relate to big bro 35 yrs. old taking care of lil sis 19yrs old for Rob and Natalie relationship. He is so in love with Amber, his website is covered with pics of her and him through the years and now his baby girls. He's a family man, he loves being a husband and a daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I guess I never took the comment to mean that there was something sexually "creepy" about Rob/Natalie's relationship but more creepy in the way that she seemed unable, even in the final TC, to be able to figure out what to do or say without looking to him for help. You know, more like Rob was her Svengali than her lover.
    Same here. I didn't think that it was meant to imply that she had a crush on him or anything. Still, it was out of order considering that the entire tribe was under the same spell.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    Same here. I didn't think that it was meant to imply that she had a crush on him or anything. Still, it was out of order considering that the entire tribe was under the same spell.
    I didn't hear the context of the original remark, but yeah, the whole tribe was under the spell, though, perhaps because of her youth, she seemed the most obviously dependent on him.

When I first heard the comment, I thought of the way she was in the final TC, when Ralph asked her if she could please answer without looking at Rob first..and she couldn't. That struck me as very sad. Phillip might be nuts, but he didn't look that utterly without a will of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt View Post
    Wasn't that his second season? I thought Rob & Amber met on an All Stars game. I could be wrong - as I usually am.
    Rob met Amber during All Stars.

His finishes:

1. Marquesas - 10th, just shy of the jury. Would've hopefully gotten out one bitter Rotu 4 if he had lasted to the jury and maybe a much more deserving Neleh would've won over Vecepia (if not him).

2. All-Stars (I think somewhere in the Pearl Islands due to Rupert participating) - 2nd behind Amber.

3. Fans vs. Favorites - Lost out before Jury is all I know. Ousted by Russell.

4. This season (wherever last season was played) - 1st place, beats Russell in hopefully his last game. Not that I do not like Rob - I like the fact he's like "Big Brother's" Will in that he can separate reality from game show, but four times is enough for him physically. Playing these survival games long enough could harm you physically later in life. Rob himself has passed out one time playing this, nearly a second time this season (unless he did and we didn't see it). That says enough.

Speaking of injuries/etc. - Someone mentioned James from China/Fans vs. Favorites, and being blindsided with two HII's. He was only blindsided the one time, the second time he had to be medically evac'd because he had a severely infected finger and had to get it debrided and be fed antibiotics. He served on the jury, complete with lugging around an IV for several of the meetings if not all the way through.

+ Reply to Thread