+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 476

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

  1. #421
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,668

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Congrats to Rob - no way anyone else deserved it.


    BTW - I think Phile and Ralph should team up for TAR. Can you imagine them in a foreign country when even we don't understand what they are saying when they're talking?
    LOL! what a team they would make..

  2. #422
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,549

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    As someone who has watched Survivor from day one - I am absolutely positive that Natalie did not get a vote. Jeff would most defintely have read them one after the other so it looked like it was going to be close. Phile got one vote Rob got the rest - no question.

  3. #423
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,798

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Just catching up with a few more thoughts...

    I agree that Grant probably didn't like the episode where Rob tricked him with switching the idol clues and then giggled about it to the camera. We're talking testosterone here. I don't really think Grant would take kindly to being considered second-best and in this situation that is unfortunately what it came across as. I guess he realized Rob was playing everyone from the beginning. It's a shame, because I do believe Rob really likes and respects Grant as a person and did consider him a friend, and while Rob may be able to put that kind of stuff behind him once the game ends, it's perfectly acceptable for others to think differently. So Grant has the right to rebuff Rob's attempts at a continued friendship. Kind of sad, but understandable I guess.

    Natalie played the best game she could, she got to the FTC unlike most of the other idiots on the jury (there I said it!!) and all of this while very young and relatively immature compared to the other people. Rob promised to take her to the FTC if she trusted him and listened to him. She did. He did. It was mutually beneficial. Yes, she was a good goat to take to the end at least on Rob's side, but she still got to the end and had the same chance he and Phillip did to state her case to the jury. As they say, at that point it is out of their hands.

    I don't care if I ever see the likes of Ralph, Julie or even Steve again, and I definitely don't want to see Russell on another show. I am ambivalent about Matt returning. In one sense I'd like to see if he could improve his gameplay and avoid being sent immediately to RI (where I think his brain would explode) AND I'd like to see if he would have to eat his words to Rob about lying, backstabbing, betraying and living with yourself. 'Cause frankly, you cannot make it through this game without having to vote out someone that you might like, or might have a friendship with, and I don't think Matt had any chance this season to realize that because he spent most of it on RI. I'd like to see him try to get through to the end with a squeaky clean game, never going back on his word to anyone. If he could, I'd applaud him, but I personally think the entire experiment might result in a very conflicted Matt.

  4. #424
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    As someone who has watched Survivor from day one - I am absolutely positive that Natalie did not get a vote. Jeff would most defintely have read them one after the other so it looked like it was going to be close. Phile got one vote Rob got the rest - no question.
    Yeah, I'm just basing my assumption on how it went down the first 21 seasons and don't see why it would be any different now.

  5. #425
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Just catching up with a few more thoughts...

    I agree that Grant probably didn't like the episode where Rob tricked him with switching the idol clues and then giggled about it to the camera. We're talking testosterone here. I don't really think Grant would take kindly to being considered second-best and in this situation that is unfortunately what it came across as. I guess he realized Rob was playing everyone from the beginning. It's a shame, because I do believe Rob really likes and respects Grant as a person and did consider him a friend, and while Rob may be able to put that kind of stuff behind him once the game ends, it's perfectly acceptable for others to think differently. So Grant has the right to rebuff Rob's attempts at a continued friendship. Kind of sad, but understandable I guess.
    I have no doubt that had the tables been turned and Grant had blindsided Rob or pulled any of Rob's other shenanigans, Rob would not have responded the same way as Grant did. That Rob is able to take it as "just a game", even when he is the patsy, is part of why I think it is hard for him to imagine that the person he most saw as his equal (Grant) couldn't do the same.

  6. #426
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,844

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yeah, I'm just basing my assumption on how it went down the first 21 seasons and don't see why it would be any different now.
    I guess just saying "no, all the votes were not shown/read/revealed on the show" would have been waaaaay too tough.
    That's really all I was after.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  7. #427
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    I understand why Grant was upset. Betrayal is one thing and laughing behind someone's back is another. There is always someone who is upset at the end of these kinds of shows. Not everybody can accept the betrayal aspect but even fewer people can stand being mocked behind his or her back. There is nothing notable about the way Grant reacted. Who among us would still be friends with Rob after seeing his confessionals about us?

    And has anybody heard any clarification about the creepy relationship between Natalie and Rob. I also questioned that. It was very strange.

  8. #428
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,798

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    I don't know, it seems others were ok with Rob after the fact. I saw quite a few smiling photos of various people with him, posing after the reunion show. I agree, Rob has the ability to not take any of it personally. Others don't. I said I understood Grant feeling like he was "owned" as the kids say today, by Rob. Made a fool of because Rob managed to find the HII and steer others away from it, and then giggled about it in his confessionals. I understand it, but I also think Grant should be a little bit better able to take a step back and realize this wasn't a betrayal by a dear and close friend, this was a "betrayal" by a noted hard-core player of a reality show that, like it or not, involves betrayals and blindsides.

    You're right, people usually don't like to be mocked, but also many people are able to not take it so personally. Grand may not be one of those people.

    Or maybe his "friendship" with Rob was a scam from the start on his part. Maybe he can't stand the guy, faked being friends and liking him, and after the fact can't be bothered with keeping up the pretense? Fact is, we don't really know why Grant decided not to return the calls or texts.

  9. #429
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,006

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    I think Grant made the mistake of thinking of Rob as a true friend. I feel for him. Live and learn, Grant, live and learn.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #430
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I understand why Grant was upset. Betrayal is one thing and laughing behind someone's back is another. There is always someone who is upset at the end of these kinds of shows. Not everybody can accept the betrayal aspect but even fewer people can stand being mocked behind his or her back. There is nothing notable about the way Grant reacted. Who among us would still be friends with Rob after seeing his confessionals about us?

    And has anybody heard any clarification about the creepy relationship between Natalie and Rob. I also questioned that. It was very strange.
    The thing about these confessionals--they are "in the moments" meaning these are interviews taken during the heat of the game and moment and not after the game is over and time has gone by to rest and reassess.
    Much has been said hastily that might never been said under different circumstances--think--little sleep, little food and constant stress. None of these people are with loved ones--no support system. Then they have the producers/crew baiting them with certain questions hoping for certain responses which make great tv.
    Under these circumstances, I think I would take what anyone said during this type of game with a grain of salt unless it were so absolutely dastardly---kind of like Johnny Fairplay's schtick.

    I kind of equated the Rob/Natalie relationship as a big bro/lil sis or even Rob fostering a young girl who he kept referring to as "innocent and good" as he sees his own young family of 2 daughters and hoping someone might take care of them if they had been in Natalie's same shoes(some day down the road). That's how I took it. JMO
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.