+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    As for the couples-wasn't it mentioned before that Dreamz and Naonka were a couple? Scary business! If they ever do anything with a Survivor couple I really hope those two names never come up (unless there is a vasectomy challenge that season).
    Say what???!!

I agree with those who say the two sitting on either side of Rob were probably the dumbest two to ever make the FTC. I was AMAZED that Phillip was so antagonistic to the jury. He could not bite his tongue for a second. Natalie was just so young, and really wasn't prepared at all. I don't blame her for that, I think she is just too inexperienced.

I have to comment on Julie at the FTC. I was really shocked at how vindictive and vile her speech was. I really don't understand the comment to Natalie that her parents wouldn't be proud of the way she played. Totally uncalled for, and I hope Natalie's mom gave her a good talking to at the reunion! Ditto her comment to Phil about being a father and Rob about his daughters. Message to Julie: bringing other people's parenting skills and/or children into a petty and pissy speech on a reality show is poor taste and so childish. Then again, this is the woman who hid Phil's shorts in dirt and under a rock and then laughed about it. Also the one who crowed about blindsiding Russel. If I'm supposed to admire you, Julie, it ain't happening. I hope she NEVER comes back to this game. To me, she's not a very nice person.

Oh, and Rob!!

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    I hope they bring back Eliza and this guy ...
    They will never bring back Fairplay after he quit on them last time.

I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see the famous "Murlonio" last night!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

This is interesting. We were speculating last night that Grant was rumoured to have renewed his "friendship" with Rob after the show but seemed bitter at the reunion, possibly because he had seen the confessionals and was put off by the way Rob talked about the tribe, etc. Yet this quote says he refused any contact after the show ended, which tells me he was a bitter betty about the game itself, and about being voted off. Rob said he was a huge threat. They all said he was a huge threat!! I can understand being disappointed and ticked off, but to hold the grudge that long? Yikes.

• Grant Mattos, a former NFL wide receiver, remains bitter that Rob broke his promise to take him to the Final 3. Rob revealed that Grant refused to return his phone calls and text messages after the season's taping wrapped up.
    'Survivor' reunion: Redemption Island winner Boston Rob gets praise from rival Russell, Phil really was a federal agent | NJ.com

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

This is pretty much exactly what I said to my husband too lol. I may not have gotten my wish with AI, but I did get it with Survivor! Super glad Rob got fan favorite too.
    He played a near perfect game.They cannot show all that he did.I am looking forward to reading jeff's blog. But Rob managed to Outwit Outlast and definitely Outplay.I was cheering for him from day one!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    This is interesting. We were speculating last night that Grant was rumoured to have renewed his "friendship" with Rob after the show but seemed bitter at the reunion, possibly because he had seen the confessionals and was put off by the way Rob talked about the tribe, etc. Yet this quote says he refused any contact after the show ended, which tells me he was a bitter betty about the game itself, and about being voted off. Rob said he was a huge threat. They all said he was a huge threat!! I can understand being disappointed and ticked off, but to hold the grudge that long? Yikes.

'Survivor' reunion: Redemption Island winner Boston Rob gets praise from rival Russell, Phil really was a federal agent | NJ.com
    Eh. I wouldn't be happy with a person who wanted to be a friend but called me an idiot behind my back all during the game. I wouldn't hold a grudge, but I wouldn't be jumping into a friendship either. If Rob wanted to slam people in his PI all the time, that was up to him, but don't expect people you call idiots to be your friends after... and, yeah, Grant was included in that all the time. No wonder he stopped talking to Rob after the third show or so.

It was Rob's game to win or lose. It was the most obvious win (save Brian) in Survivor history. Did Rob earn it? Totally.
    The problem this season was the casting in the first place, and the fact that they are going for a repeat "shark jump" is awful. I've never missed a season of Survivor (not an episode) and this is the worst season I've ever watched. And I've seen some doozies.
    So, as a long time fan, I'm disappointed that they are going to repeat the formula from this season. I may or may not watch, but Survivor is no longer my favourite reality show.

I've no doubt in my mind going in there that most of the jury intended to vote for Rob to win, but were hoping for a miracle from Natalie or Phillip. No such luck.

I don't believe Ralph's vote was malicious towards Rob, but just a pity vote for a guy who wasn't going to get any others.

Julie's point that she hates to see girls rely so heavily on men was a good point, but poorly made. The "shame on you" stuff really was a turn off and unfortunately, her point was somewhat lost because of it. But I agree with her... I'm tired of seeing strong women immediately voted out of this game. The only women who make it now are the ones who lay low. There is something very sexist about this game.

David is a moron. His last statement probably had little to no effect on the jury. C'mon, they talk at Ponderosa. He just wanted to come off as a smart guy who possibly swayed the jury. Nonsense. He just came off as a self-serving blowhard. Same with the "proposal". Really, he's known this woman for a couple of months... what an attention wh*re. I think the biggest proof of how good he was at this game came while he was playing. He sucked and I hope he never comes back.

Matt said he was there to serve his God... well, one person said they were going back home to join a church and another said that they were a changed person and had a renewed faith. He may not have won the game, but he has to be ok with that.

I'd love to say "see you next season" but I don't know.

Kiz

spockwhat, get out of my head.

I totally understood Grant's dismissing of his friendship with Rob. I respect Grant for putting the game play aside (being blindsided by Rob), but Rob's confessionals he saw only after the season was aired were insulting.

I also ditto all your other points, so there's no use repeating them as you said everything better than I could.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

I would LOVE for there to be a season that has the AUDIENCE vote for the winner...they'd be sure to craft their PIs very differently. And not just the fan favorite, but the actual winner.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I would LOVE for there to be a season that has the AUDIENCE vote for the winner...they'd be sure to craft their PIs very differently. And not just the fan favorite, but the actual winner.
    Not me.We aren't there, we aren't starving, or in the elements.The voting would be as lopsided imho as it is on AI.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Boooo.

What you’re talking about wouldn’t be “Survivor”. The most crucial part of this show and the game is social aspect... that you have to compete against – and eventually vote out – people that must also respect you in the end. Doing an “American Idol” style vote would only make for a bunch of on-camera suck-ups who are pals with everyone or, worse, busy pointlessly screwing over each other left and right. Where would there be ANY strategy involved?

It’s funny, because Russell Hantz suggested this exactly after losing a second time (essentially because it’s the only way the nasty little troll will ever win a season.) I don’t know about you, but I’m not watching “Survivor” for it to be another nation-wide popularity contest where actual talent is ignored.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    spockwhat, get out of my head.

I totally understood Grant's dismissing of his friendship with Rob. I respect Grant for putting the game play aside (being blindsided by Rob), but Rob's confessionals he saw only after the season was aired were insulting.

I also ditto all your other points, so there's no use repeating them as you said everything better than I could.
    I think assuming Grant doesn't want to be friends with Rob because he's holding a grudge may be assuming too much. After watching the whole show and seeing Rob's comments about the entire tribe, including Grant, and recognizing that Rob was telling him one thing and telling the audience another and laughing about how everyone else, including Grant, was so stupid and how he was controlling the game, Grant may have just been uncomfortable with the way Rob was behaving. Rob can say that's just the way he is in the game, but I don't think it's unreasonable for other people to wonder if he can manipulate people so easily in the game if at least a little of that behavior might not seep over into how he treats people outside of the game, whether that's true or not. If you don't feel you can completely trust someone, it's hard to want to remain close friends with that person.

We're also not hearing much from Grant as to why he's cut his ties with Rob. It's basically Rob's take on the situation, because Grant, for whatever reason, hasn't spoken up much about it. He may simply be hoping that if he doesn't say much of anything, people will move on, or he may not like discussing personal issues in public. Or it just may not be a top priority for him--he does have other things on his plate, like getting married and isn't especially interested in keeping up with his tribe mates. After all, they're around each other constantly, but when it comes right down to it, they only knew each other for a little over a month. A lot of people play the game their season and move on, and we don't hear much from or about them again. I'm guessing they probably fall out of touch with the other people in their casts too. It certainly happens that way with the casts of long-running shows where people are around each other for years and years. Once the show is over, they don't always remain in contact either.

+ Reply to Thread