+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 476

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

  1. #331
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,296

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Am I supposed to be impressed that it took someone four tries to finally win a game? So, if Jessie keeps coming back to Big Brother, and finally finds a house dumb enough to let him win in say, 2015, should I be impressed then as well?

    Total waste of a season. And apparently we're getting more of the same in the fall. They might as well bring back Russell one more time, because I doubt I'll be watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Okay, so pre-taxes, Rob has now won second place money, first place money, and fan favorite money. Amber has also won first place money. Is it now safe to say that we should no longer have to hear how he needs to win ever again because he needs to provide for his family?
    Agreed. Someone in his position should have already been making some TV bank in a different on-air job by now. If this is the only way he can provide for his (TV-created) family, then maybe he needs some career counseling.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-16-2011 at 01:13 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  2. #332
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,153

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    I love Rob, loved the way he played the game.This makes up for James not winning AI.LOL

  3. #333
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Well, I was hoping somebody would start playing the game. Nobody ever did. It was frustrating to have to sit through such a boring season. I know there are a lot of people who love Boston Rob and can't get enough of him. Lots of people will enjoy this season just because he was on it. Those are the same people he played the game with AND this was possibly the dumbest cast the series has seen. I am not impressed with his win. David is supposed to be smart but he still seems to believe voting Russell off was a good move. There was just no competition cast on this show. I think that was for a reason. It was so annoying. Phillip was the only thing that made this season watchable for me. I hope next season makes up for this one.

  4. #334
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    460

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    What a disappointing result. I haven't liked Rob since his first season ( or TAR, on which he continued to act like an arrogant jerk), so I wasn't thrilled to have him back and then he lucked into a team that, for the most part, followed his every command. But, it serves them all right that he won. I hope when they watched this season, they realized what fools they were. I wish a couple of different players were in the final with him because given the other 2, I suppose him winning wasn't the worst thing that could have happened.

    One thing that really ticked me off was finding out that Ashley & Nat knew Rob had the Idol. So all that was just crap that Ashley said about "Maybe we'd vote out Rob" ? at that last tribal when he didn't win immunity ? It seems to me that it's just deceptive editing, just creating drama where there really wasn't any. To me, that just says this season really was very boring & they had to kind of make that up to make it seem like something might happen when they knew very well it wouldn't. I mean, Rob saying he was a gambler & wasn't going to play the idol. we all knew that was crap because he's a liar anyway. But the other was just bs editing. Is it just me or did anyone else get that?

    I was hoping that Rob would take his Million ( and Amber's ) and get the heck off my tv for good, then I read that he's signed to do History channel show, which happens to be one of my favorite channels, so thanks a lot Rob, for screwing with yet another thing that I enjoy, you weasel !

  5. #335
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Well, I was hoping somebody would start playing the game. Nobody ever did. It was frustrating to have to sit through such a boring season. I know there are a lot of people who love Boston Rob and can't get enough of him. Lots of people will enjoy this season just because he was on it. Those are the same people he played the game with AND this was possibly the dumbest cast the series has seen. I am not impressed with his win. David is supposed to be smart but he still seems to believe voting Russell off was a good move. There was just no competition cast on this show. I think that was for a reason. It was so annoying. Phillip was the only thing that made this season watchable for me. I hope next season makes up for this one.
    So if a person enjoys Rob and is happy he won, we're on a par with some of the dumbest people to play the game? I think that's a bit harsh!

    I get that people don't like Rob, and believe me I do understand why. But for some, his charm and the fact that he obviously lives his real life very differently than his "survivor-life" if you will makes him a true favourite. It's ok to like Rob and it's ok to dislike him. But however you feel about him, he played a brilliant game and he, IMO, deserved the win. These people ALL knew who he was when he joined the game. They had oodles of opportunity to vote him out and the didn't. He must have done something right to get to the end and win not only the million but the player of the season money too.

  6. #336
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    So if a person enjoys Rob and is happy he won, we're on a par with some of the dumbest people to play the game? I think that's a bit harsh!

    I get that people don't like Rob, and believe me I do understand why. But for some, his charm and the fact that he obviously lives his real life very differently than his "survivor-life" if you will makes him a true favourite. It's ok to like Rob and it's ok to dislike him. But however you feel about him, he played a brilliant game and he, IMO, deserved the win. These people ALL knew who he was when he joined the game. They had oodles of opportunity to vote him out and the didn't. He must have done something right to get to the end and win not only the million but the player of the season money too.
    I said the cast liked Rob and they were dumb. I did not say that people who like Rob are necessarily dumb.
    I think Rob did play the best game. But I am not impressed since there was no resistance. He might as well have been playing with children. I usually root for whoever played the best game but I didn't really root for anyone this season. I just was rooting for the season to become interesting. I was hoping for someone to make a move even if it failed.

  7. #337
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,296

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    This really was the dumbest, most gullible cast ever. I don't see Rob winning as a great achievement. He's had 3 practice rounds to find out every angle of the game, and he's had years to train his body to be in shape specifically for the kinds of challenges Survivor dishes out. (And really, isn't a veteran going to naturally do better when the show is constantly recycling old challenges?)

    These idiots abdicated their own games in the blind hope that somehow, they were each Rob's favorite to be taken to the Finals, and also that somehow, they were going to let him drive the bus the whole season and yet not get the votes in the end. You just don't get more stupid than that, especially as they witnessed him winning immunity challenges one after the other. Rob won because too many of them decided to just watch the Rob Show along with the rest of us. This has to have been the most pathetic, anti-climactic season ever.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  8. #338
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    81

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    So did Carolina look happy, or horrified? And where actually is "Survivor: South Pacific" being filmed? The South Pacific is a big place, and a lot of it is not easy to get to.

  9. #339
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    So did Carolina look happy, or horrified? And where actually is "Survivor: South Pacific" being filmed? The South Pacific is a big place, and a lot of it is not easy to get to.
    Back in Samoa, apparently.

  10. #340
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    So did Carolina look happy, or horrified? And where actually is "Survivor: South Pacific" being filmed? The South Pacific is a big place, and a lot of it is not easy to get to.
    I don't know if I'd say horrified, but definitely surprised, and not in a happy way. That was just...odd. Probst seemed to be pushing for it to the point where I actually thought 'what does he want David to do, propose just to prove his love'. Maybe poor David was having second thoughts himself but couldn't back out of it. In thinking about who might return for the next season, I remember another Survivor couple: Jamie and Erik from China. They've since gotten married. Depending who they bring back, and whether the next cast are a bunch of sheep or over-pumped up blockheads who talk a big game and get blindsided the first TCs, I may sit out completely. I really have no desire to see the same game played all over again (sequels aren't usually that good, especially if the first one wasn't). I'm definitely not watching if they bring Russell or Rupert back, unless they go out early. I'm thinking it'll be someone from a recent season, though.

    The cast tonight seemed fairly moody, except Rob and Phillip. Everyone else looked like it was killing them to smile (those who were smiling). So much for a cast of fresh faces next season. I'd probably be upset, too.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.